Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
2015 F Sports got ventilated seats, 2014 didnt
ohhhh ok. i seriously questioned what ventilated seats were for a while bwahaha
Old 04-15-15, 12:06 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP did you consider that she may be reacting to the fact that you picked up the car and then took her for a test drive instead of taking her for a test drive before getting the car? The former didn't give her a say in the decision, where as the latter would have.

Women are funny that way, and may not come out and clearly articulate what's really bothering them.
Old 04-15-15, 12:50 PM
Luisvm
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

As you said in your previous post, I think you're just not used to it yet and neither is your wife. I'm sure you will adjust to it and most likely end up loving it, whereas it may take your wife some more time because it's not her daily driver...

I had the opposite issue when I got my 2014 is350. It felt a little big to me because my daily driver was either my old G35 coupe or one of my motorcycles before the 3is. But that feeling quickly passed and now I absolutely love the car and the extra space of having a four door.

Focus on what you love about the car and don't dwell on things like this. Its been my experience that when I focus on the "problems" or imperfections in cars, it's all I think about instead of enjoying the many great things about the car. Just my two cents.
Old 04-15-15, 01:17 PM
theoryguy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, for a family of 3 you're fine. Like others have said, you and your wife just need time to adjust.
Old 04-15-15, 01:26 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

I also think that it is due to your other cars being larger, rather than the IS being too small. I went through 15 years in a Honda Prelude, Infiniti G35 Coupe, and Honda S2000, and never once recall thinking they were too small. Since then I have been in midsized crossovers, and when I went to sit in the GS (of all things) it felt very small. But on paper, the RX (which I own) and the GS have almost identical interior dimensions. Funny, but I thought the new IS felt less cramped inside than the GS (though admittedly I only sat it in once). I loved the IS though.

Give yourself some time, and remember that one of the reasons you bought the car you did was its handling, performance, and driving dynamics, which you absolutely will not get in a crossover, minivan, or jeep. If you enjoy driving it, savor every moment.
Old 04-15-15, 01:28 PM
Sight22
Driver School Candidate

You guys have set me straight. I am counting down the minutes to get out of work to drive her again
Old 04-15-15, 01:28 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by My0gr81
OP did you consider that she may be reacting to the fact that you picked up the car and then took her for a test drive instead of taking her for a test drive before getting the car? The former didn't give her a say in the decision, where as the latter would have.

Women are funny that way, and may not come out and clearly articulate what's really bothering them.
Yeah, the last time my wife didn't like the smaller, sportier car I got, it was because she was jealous that she didn't get a new car, and instead was stuck driving the Odyssey we had at the time. She now drives a new MDX and doesn't seem bothered when I mentioned possibly trading in my RX F sport for a GS F sport (or IS F!!)
Old 04-15-15, 01:37 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

The last thing I will say, is that when I bought my RX F sport, I had driven a ton of other cars before signing on the dotted line. I was completely happy with my choice.....until I went out of my way to see what auto journalists thought of it. Generally, they didn't like it. They said the suspension was too firm and the ride was harsh. I immediately got worried I had made a mistake.....just because someone else had a different opinion of the car I just bought.
Old 04-15-15, 05:35 PM
rgonza1
Driver

I came from a 2009 Nissan Maxima and it took me about a month to get used to the smaller cabin. Once you get used to it you will love it.
Old 04-15-15, 07:07 PM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

You know what, I took my wife to the lexus dealership today to sit in both the IS and the GS. planning to buy an IS next week and wanted to make sure that it was the right choice. i told her once I get the IS dont complain that it's too small, but she agreed that it really isnt much smaller than the GS.

both of our conclusions is that the GS really isn't that much bigger on the inside. but the biggest drawback of the GS? it doesn't have fold down seats. that makes the interior space of the IS much more usable than the GS in my opinion. she drives the RX.

it's funny because i think the IS is also bigger than my parent's 1996 camry, which was considered a mid sized sedan back then. cars have got HUGE.
Old 04-15-15, 07:15 PM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

Funny I was gonna say just that.

I'd like to add : I'm not a marriage therapist but if I was in your shoes I'd expect/like my wife to actually tell me what's bothering her but in the end, be happy for me... instead of just whining about how bad she thinks my decision was...
Old 04-15-15, 07:19 PM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it wont be long before you fall in love with your IS. Your wife will fall for it to. Just wait a year or 2 and get the GSF. i bought my IS not leased but i still think i might get the GSF when it comes out. I fell in love with the gauges on the IS. I like them so much i think saw the new 2016 RX350fsport might have them and possibly even third row seats i might trade my wifes 2015 RX for it.
Old 04-15-15, 07:28 PM
Lindenlea
Rookie

Bingo! That is the real reason I bet
Old 04-15-15, 07:31 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My wife ain't perfect but one thing she has right. She doesn't tell me what car to choose. I don't tell her either. I am involved with the price and features she ends up with but she chooses her own car. If I even ask her opinion she'll quickly say, don't ask me cause I'm not asking you.
When we got new cars a month ago, I tried suggesting an ES350 would be perfect for her and be cheaper for us. She jumped up and and shouted, don't even try it.
I knew she would react that way. I just wanted to have a laugh.
Old 04-16-15, 04:57 AM
rudyH
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sight22
I picked up a 2014 3IS f sport (AWD NAV) last night. When I got home I tookmy wife and 3 yo for a drive and she wouldn't shut up about how small it was.She kept saying "I hope you're happy with it". Not that is matters for the family because she has an Odyssey. Now I am focusing onthat it's too small a car and thinking I maybe should have bought a GS.

From the few miles I have put on it, it has been a blast. I just want to hear that if your focus is the driving experience, this is the car.
I think the car is very tight. On paper, the IS is just the kind of car I should love but everytime I sit in one I immediately feel cramped and I am not a big guy by any means. Too bad for me. Dude either you like the car or you don't.

Quick Reply: Talk me out of buyer's remorse