IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Siriusxm renewal

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-15, 03:12 PM
Jacket
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

Pretty consistent. My best deal came to about $5 / month as well. Usually they'll give you a 6 month deal with that, but if you can get them to a full year then you're in great shape, and won't have to deal with the renegotiation again for another year.
Old 02-13-16, 07:08 PM
schfifty5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have ML and found the sound quality from XM/Sirius to be a little shoddy? It pales in comparison to either HD Radio or bluetooth audio.
Old 02-13-16, 10:56 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by schfifty5
Anyone have ML and found the sound quality from XM/Sirius to be a little shoddy? It pales in comparison to either HD Radio or bluetooth audio.
It's because the bitrate is super low (192kbs and lower area???? Don't quote me) because they try to squeeze so many stations into the small bandwidth available. Plus it's Mono and not stereo signal. It's been like this for years. It use to sound much better when satellite radio was new to public. It sounds horrible so I never renew and they keep pestering me with calls to renew
Old 02-14-16, 07:16 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

mine has already expired, but i feel like i got ripped off (and i did) as the lowest i could get them to go was $99 for the entire year for some 'premium' lineup. i haven't renewed since.

interesting to see the other offers as i like siriusxm but i can't justify paying $99 per year when pandora is free. did you wait for them to contact you or did you contact them to get these great offers? i'm only getting mailers because i had them put me on their no-call list as they were harassing me tons via phone.
Old 02-14-16, 07:18 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by specONE
It's because the bitrate is super low (192kbs and lower area???? Don't quote me) because they try to squeeze so many stations into the small bandwidth available. Plus it's Mono and not stereo signal. It's been like this for years. It use to sound much better when satellite radio was new to public. It sounds horrible so I never renew and they keep pestering me with calls to renew
you can have them add you to their no-call list and they will stop calling.
Old 02-14-16, 07:23 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
mine has already expired, but i feel like i got ripped off (and i did) as the lowest i could get them to go was $99 for the entire year for some 'premium' lineup. i haven't renewed since.

interesting to see the other offers as i like siriusxm but i can't justify paying $99 per year when pandora is free. did you wait for them to contact you or did you contact them to get these great offers? i'm only getting mailers because i had them put me on their no-call list as they were harassing me tons via phone.
I consistently got $25 for 6 months. Finally gave it up as I use Pandora or just use radio
Old 02-14-16, 08:04 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
you can have them add you to their no-call list and they will stop calling.
Yeah I know. I ended getting really frustrated one day when they called while I was working and blew up and said do not call me anymore and then they stopped. But yeah I still get the mailers *just got one yesterday.
Old 02-14-16, 09:11 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by specONE
Yeah I know. I ended getting really frustrated one day when they called while I was working and blew up and said do not call me anymore and then they stopped. But yeah I still get the mailers *just got one yesterday.
yeah, i got one a few days ago as well but thankfully no calls!

Originally Posted by EZZ
I consistently got $25 for 6 months. Finally gave it up as I use Pandora or just use radio
that's a good price, although i've also just been using pandora because my station is more focused on my musical tastes and even pandora premium is cheaper (more often than not) than siriusxm.
Old 02-15-16, 05:48 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Had Sirius for years. Let it go. Thought I'd miss it. I don't. It's like cable for radio. Too many other ways to get music for free. Check out Spotify.
Old 02-15-16, 06:19 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I can usually get $26 for 6 months for each of our cars. However, they have started telling us that they are only allowed/able to offer us a deal after we pay for one renewal at full price. So I paid for full price for a 6 month package, then they gave me the $26 deal again this last renewal.

Also, we don't give them our credit card information or they will auto bill you at the higher rates and then you have to fight with them. I pay the $2 fee for them to send us a paper bill and I send a check so they can't auto bill.
Old 02-15-16, 07:44 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tC2IS350
Also, we don't give them our credit card information or they will auto bill you at the higher rates and then you have to fight with them. I pay the $2 fee for them to send us a paper bill and I send a check so they can't auto bill.
Or just give them a 'one-time use' credit card - e.g., "ShopSafe".
Old 02-15-16, 08:12 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tC2IS350

or just cancel the subscription the day or two before it is set to renew. they'll refund you for the day (or two) of nonuse.