IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Xpel Self-Healing - Pictures after installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-15, 11:35 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i should have gotta PPF right away but waited a month and the bumper is just too bad and its pointless to do it now.. i will do it when i wreck the front bumper and need to get a new one and put PPF and the freshly painted bumper and entire front end.. although part of the reason why it took me so long to decide if i wanted it or not was because if i have it and once i get into an accident, there goes $1000+ immediately--separate from the cost of bumper damage itself.. i don't eve know if you can eve recoup PPF cost from insurance.. if not, is this really worth it?
Old 03-19-15, 02:04 PM
aezzle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
i should have gotta PPF right away but waited a month and the bumper is just too bad and its pointless to do it now.. i will do it when i wreck the front bumper and need to get a new one and put PPF and the freshly painted bumper and entire front end.. although part of the reason why it took me so long to decide if i wanted it or not was because if i have it and once i get into an accident, there goes $1000+ immediately--separate from the cost of bumper damage itself.. i don't eve know if you can eve recoup PPF cost from insurance.. if not, is this really worth it?
It's sooo worth it man, I have had PPF on two previous cars and it keeps your car spotless and fresh considering the amount of crap it hits as you're cruising down the road. It all depends on if you're an attention to detail kind of person and like to keep your car spotless. .. But I agree that it sucks to have to pay again if you ever damage the front end ...
Old 03-19-15, 05:15 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I came across a case a few years ago where the hood and the roof got hail damage. The hood has a partial clear bra on it and the cost was covered by insurance. I guess it is up to the insurance company and the details of the policy.
Old 03-20-15, 07:57 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey OP, looks nice. My Lexus came with the XPEL package too. Pretty much the full package except the hood is a half hood... The white edge that AndyLrefers to is a little annoying but over all the EPEL package does a great job. I might need to get my dealer to put a full hood package on OR I might end up upgrading my hood to something Seibon has for our cars

follow-up with me or on this thread a few months from now or whenever your car gets dirty and you have to wash.. i want someone's point of view of how annoying or hard it is to maintain these half hood/fender installations. i hear it traps dirt like the PPF on the side of our rear door, but others say if you maintain it well, it won't. would be nice to know your opinion, message me.
****, hit me up in a few months too if you'd like to know as well. Being here in Nebraska it is extremely windy and dusty so I wouldn't mind sending some pics/review of the product as well; especially if it helps the forum and car enthusiasts out.
Old 03-20-15, 06:25 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by shirosan
Hey OP, looks nice. My Lexus came with the XPEL package too. Pretty much the full package except the hood is a half hood... The white edge that AndyLrefers to is a little annoying but over all the EPEL package does a great job. I might need to get my dealer to put a full hood package on OR I might end up upgrading my hood to something Seibon has for our cars

****, hit me up in a few months too if you'd like to know as well. Being here in Nebraska it is extremely windy and dusty so I wouldn't mind sending some pics/review of the product as well; especially if it helps the forum and car enthusiasts out.
Thanks Shirosan! I would've loved to get the full hood pkg., but just couldn't afford it! I guess the partial kit will do it for now
Old 03-20-15, 06:28 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

I was in the same scenario as you are describing. I waited for 1-2 months until I was able to get it done. The bumper already had some small rock chips, but the dealer/installer said they were going to take care of them with touch up paint. However, when they looked at my car they found the rock chips to little to be noticeable. I guess I was exaggerating as usual - car freak
Old 03-22-15, 06:02 PM
condosales
Driver School Candidate

Your car looks great.

I'm considering the xpel on my new white 350 F Sport. I'm also trying to decide between the pinnacle tint at 20% vs 30%. Do you have any regrets on the 20%? Do you find it too dark at night, or get any unwanted police attention?

Do you happen to have any more pics of the side profile of your car (to see the tint)?

Thanks.
Old 03-23-15, 11:12 AM
nabizzy
Rookie

you will love ceramic pro!
Old 03-25-15, 02:51 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by condosales
Your car looks great.

I'm considering the xpel on my new white 350 F Sport. I'm also trying to decide between the pinnacle tint at 20% vs 30%. Do you have any regrets on the 20%? Do you find it too dark at night, or get any unwanted police attention?

Do you happen to have any more pics of the side profile of your car (to see the tint)?

Thanks.
I have 0 regrets on the 20%. It gives me the perfect shade that I'm looking for - privacy & protection. I have no trouble at night time - believe me, I work the night shift! Let me post a couple of pics below:
Attached Thumbnails Xpel Self-Healing - Pictures after installation-detail-7.jpg   Xpel Self-Healing - Pictures after installation-is250-tints.jpg  
Old 03-29-15, 08:35 PM
condosales
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexi90
I have 0 regrets on the 20%. It gives me the perfect shade that I'm looking for - privacy & protection. I have no trouble at night time - believe me, I work the night shift! Let me post a couple of pics below:
Looks very nice indeed!

Thanks for posting a few more pics
Old 03-31-15, 04:07 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nabizzy
you will love ceramic pro!
Sure, will!
Old 03-31-15, 04:08 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion