IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

RSR Super Down Ripping My Bumper OFF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-15, 04:07 PM
aritweets
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SELF BUMP

--- Anyone else on RSR Super Down having cosmetic damage?
Old 03-27-15, 03:54 PM
got556
Rookie

Originally Posted by aritweets
SELF BUMP

--- Anyone else on RSR Super Down having cosmetic damage?
What is the point of this thread. You drive an extremely lowered car...hence the words "SUPER DOWN"...

I used to drive a slammed Z on Stance Coilovers with TE37's and a Greddy Ti Single Exit exhaust. I had scrape marks on the bottom of my exhaust and chassis everywhere. See here:

When you slam or even just lower a car you, as the driver/owner, assume the responsibilities and risks that come with having less ground clearance. Man up and quit trying to blame your lack of knowing how to drive a lowered car/understanding of owning a lowered car on RS*R. It's petty at the least and down right childish at most.

Last edited by got556; 03-27-15 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-29-15, 01:26 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Blaming the springs is like blaming the gun for killing people. If it makes you feel better we all had some sort of damage to the bumper while being lowered. Get air suspension or just leave it stock.
Old 03-29-15, 10:06 AM
Matt3is
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same springs & my underbody is clean. Just the rubber stoppers that are hanging next to the front tires are scraped. Take your time going around bumps & angling at every driveway if you're going to go this low.
Old 03-29-15, 11:11 AM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If you plan on lowering your car, especially with super downs, please know how to drive a lowered car
Old 03-29-15, 11:27 PM
aritweets
Driver

Originally Posted by Matt3is
I have the same springs & my underbody is clean. Just the rubber stoppers that are hanging next to the front tires are scraped. Take your time going around bumps & angling at every driveway if you're going to go this low.

Thanks man!

The point of this post is to see what other damages people have experienced. Geez...c'mon guys.
Can't we just have a discussion about something of my choosing.

Don't comment if you don't have anything to say.
Old 03-29-15, 11:45 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aritweets
Thanks man!

The point of this post is to see what other damages people have experienced. Geez...c'mon guys.
Can't we just have a discussion about something of my choosing.

Don't comment if you don't have anything to say.
Sorry to hear you're having issues. The reason people are commenting on this thread is most likely because your post makes it sound like your'e blaming the RSR Springs for ripping your bumper off, instead of blaming yourself for not knowing how to handle a lowered car.
Old 03-30-15, 08:29 AM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give the guy a break. He f'ed up and is just posting about it trying to get help. Saying stuff like hes childish becuz he messed up and didnt word his post properly is a bit harsh.

Its not like hes trying to sue the springs company.
Old 03-31-15, 07:58 PM
aritweets
Driver

I know it's cause of my driving...and I do know how to drive a lowered car.

It's Los Angeles, somethings you just can't avoid which really sucks. So i was seeing what people have to say/similar stories.
Old 03-31-15, 08:24 PM
Dmance
Rookie

are your tabs broken off?
mine broke off on right side corner. not really a big deal since i knew it most likely happen.
as for fixing it, aside from a new bumper i dont see a way.
Old 04-01-15, 11:23 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, sorry to hear this.

Come on guys, be ez, easyyy on him lol. Man damn, so much harsh comments flying everywhere. Chill out guys!

I think first if you go with such a super down aggressive springs like this, you need to pair it with a comparable aggressive shocks because the stock shocks will travel a whole lot more especially with an aggressive springs so you would very likely experience bottom out and other issues such as scraping etc. Also, you can kill the stock shocks quickly too.

Secondly, like many have pointed out, you need a lot of angle when you go up the driveways in gas stations, in parking lot and such. However, there are certain narrow driveways that don't really have room to angle the car at all, you either have to park on street or go super slowly to minimize the damage.

Third, driving in Los Angeles bad roads, you need to be aware of all the pot holes locations and all the bad corners like you have an internal GPS in your brain. Having this knowledge is crucial.

Finally, don't blame the springs, man up and admit your own wrong. It is YOU who caused this so yeah instead of saying damn it the springs cause me this and that, say I did it.

To answer your question, I lower my car by 1.5-2 inch or so and yes I do have scraping at the bottom but I don't rip anything off because of the points I made above.