Cost of Maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-15, 07:37 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cost of Maintenance?

Hey everyone,

I've had my 2014 3IS for about 1.5 years, and I think it's about time to bring it to Lexus for general maintenance. The last time I had my free oil change was like a year ago. The car now has about 8,800 miles, so what kind of maintenance service do I need? How much does it cost?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-15, 08:47 PM
NotADood
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

just an oil change, as tires do not need to be rotated, and assuming that your tires and brakes have plenty of life left in them. The oil change is due at 1 year or 10,000 miles which ever comes first.
Old 03-09-15, 04:34 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

car manual, lexus websites, google, they all can help.. here is a shortcut.
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...ce-schedule.do

depending on which maintenance is performed (@ 10k or 15k marks), it can run anywhere from $250 - $350 (hah! how ironic IS250/350). or you can go to a local lex master certified mechanic and the routine maintenance can be done for less than $100, LXT Automotive in Rockville, MD charges me only $80. If you're ever in that neck of the woods, contact Nelson Guerara at LXT Auto and let him know Savy referred you.
Old 03-09-15, 11:20 AM
sdotk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 10K service is complimentary...
Old 03-09-15, 09:47 PM
rwssoccer1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
car manual, lexus websites, google, they all can help.. here is a shortcut.
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...ce-schedule.do

depending on which maintenance is performed (@ 10k or 15k marks), it can run anywhere from $250 - $350 (hah! how ironic IS250/350). or you can go to a local lex master certified mechanic and the routine maintenance can be done for less than $100, LXT Automotive in Rockville, MD charges me only $80. If you're ever in that neck of the woods, contact Nelson Guerara at LXT Auto and let him know Savy referred you.
Just happened to see your comment, thanks for the heads up. Purchased my 3IS from Lexus of Rockville and was looking for a good place to take it in the area after taking advantage of my last free "maintenance" from lexus.
Old 03-10-15, 05:27 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rwssoccer1
Just happened to see your comment, thanks for the heads up. Purchased my 3IS from Lexus of Rockville and was looking for a good place to take it in the area after taking advantage of my last free "maintenance" from lexus.
Lexus of Rockville gave me a pretty good price on my car as well.

Nelson is a really cool guy, kind of blunt at times, but he has his customer's interest first above all else.
Old 03-12-15, 03:05 PM
AlexTheMan
Driver School Candidate

I do not like the maintenance schedule as it requires something to be done every 5,000 miles which does not make sense. For example, at 15k miles, only thing replaced is key battery and then a few "inspections". 25k miles service is even worse with just a bunch of "inspections" and nothing to be replaced.
Old 03-13-15, 02:02 PM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
I do not like the maintenance schedule as it requires something to be done every 5,000 miles which does not make sense. For example, at 15k miles, only thing replaced is key battery and then a few "inspections". 25k miles service is even worse with just a bunch of "inspections" and nothing to be replaced.
It's a Lexus. Generally, they have awesome reliability ratings, and super low cost of ownership. I think they felt that they needed to put something in there to make it feel like a real maintenance schedule.
Old 05-11-15, 07:12 PM
DoomBuggy
Rookie

Bringing this thread back for a quick question on 15K maintenance. Judging by the link provided above, only thing I need is to replace the smart key battery. How critical is this? My dealership is about 45 mins away (without traffic), but I do have a local Toyota dealer. Can they perform this minimal maintenance "requirement?" What would be the approx cost comparison between Lexus vs Toyota? I ask because I'm thinking of going on a lengthy road trip for Memorial Day weekend (800 miles each way). Just want to be absolutely sure I'm not supposed to be replacing or changing anything major.
Old 05-11-15, 08:26 PM
proview3r
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does everyone actually bring it in every 5000 miles? I prefer every 10k but don't want to void the warranty
Old 05-11-15, 08:44 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomBuggy
Bringing this thread back for a quick question on 15K maintenance. Judging by the link provided above, only thing I need is to replace the smart key battery. How critical is this? My dealership is about 45 mins away (without traffic), but I do have a local Toyota dealer. Can they perform this minimal maintenance "requirement?" What would be the approx cost comparison between Lexus vs Toyota? I ask because I'm thinking of going on a lengthy road trip for Memorial Day weekend (800 miles each way). Just want to be absolutely sure I'm not supposed to be replacing or changing anything major.
You should be able to do this yourself - I believe the instructions are in the manual - takes a pretty common small computer type battery if I recall correctly.
Old 05-11-15, 11:42 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by proview3r
Does everyone actually bring it in every 5000 miles? I prefer every 10k but don't want to void the warranty
this is a good question. can lexus claim negligence on my part later should an issue arise should i not bring the car in for the bs inspection 'services' usually at the 5k marks, e.g., 15,, 25k, 35k, etc., if/when i develop an issue with the car the requires warranty service?
Old 05-12-15, 08:57 PM
ayotomy
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone do their oil changes at home?
Old 05-12-15, 10:21 PM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ayotomy
Just got the is350 but will do my oil changes at home. I've done all changes on the wife's rx350 as well as my accord. No way in hell am I paying Lexus $100apop for an oil change.cheaper and quicker and I know I'll do the job right
Old 05-12-15, 10:28 PM
leo877
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ayotomy
That's good question. Mine is about to hit 20k miles and I intent to do it at home, or at least have my technician does it. Will it void my warranty later on because they can simply say I never maintain the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Cost of Maintenance?