IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lifting my car with seibon CF lip kit on??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-16, 08:33 PM
ph0nzie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifting my car with seibon CF lip kit on??

Has anyone had problems jacking up their car with the seibon tp style carbon fiber lip kit installed? I just noticed it covers the spot underneath the car where the jack usually sits. Dealership couldn't do my oil change today. I don't mind going to jiffy lube if I must, but jiffy lube doesn't do brake fluid so now I'm wondering if I have to remove the side skirts for each tune up session. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 07-16-16, 02:16 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by ph0nzie
Has anyone had problems jacking up their car with the seibon tp style carbon fiber lip kit installed? I just noticed it covers the spot underneath the car where the jack usually sits. Dealership couldn't do my oil change today. I don't mind going to jiffy lube if I must, but jiffy lube doesn't do brake fluid so now I'm wondering if I have to remove the side skirts for each tune up session. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!
I have the same problem !! Dealership don't know how to left the car LOL I think we need to remove them to jack up the car
Old 07-16-16, 09:16 AM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

I have the same problem with my skirts. The dealership though took the time to jack up the car manually so they could get the hoist underneath it.

My advice is to go and buy a 2x8 and have it cut into 4 pieces and bring those with you to the dealership. You can lay them in front of your tires and drive up onto them. It might give the dealership enough clearance to get their hoist under your car.

Likewise, you could also suggest, that they use the jacks for the LFA on your car to raise it up to get the hoist underneath it. Not all dealerships are approved to work on the LFA though.
Old 07-16-16, 08:27 PM
ph0nzie
Rookie

Originally Posted by brendanf
I have the same problem with my skirts. The dealership though took the time to jack up the car manually so they could get the hoist underneath it.

My advice is to go and buy a 2x8 and have it cut into 4 pieces and bring those with you to the dealership. You can lay them in front of your tires and drive up onto them. It might give the dealership enough clearance to get their hoist under your car.

Likewise, you could also suggest, that they use the jacks for the LFA on your car to raise it up to get the hoist underneath it. Not all dealerships are approved to work on the LFA though.
My problem is the side skirt covers the area that the jack is suppose to sit on. I never noticed this when I made my purchase. I have no spot to jack up my car. Looks like my options is to remove the lip or have the jack lift up my car from the inner side of the lip which would destroy it.
Old 07-16-16, 08:34 PM
ph0nzie
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mesh704
I have the same problem !! Dealership don't know how to left the car LOL I think we need to remove them to jack up the car
That's what I was afraid of, lol. Such a hassle. They should of designed it with gaps where the car jack sits.
Old 07-17-16, 07:23 AM
brendanf
Advanced

Why not just take the skirts off and use a Dremel to cut an area out of the skirt so the jacking point is exposed?

You could probably do this with the skirts on the car too if needed.
Old 07-18-16, 12:38 AM
ph0nzie
Rookie

Originally Posted by brendanf
Why not just take the skirts off and use a Dremel to cut an area out of the skirt so the jacking point is exposed?

You could probably do this with the skirts on the car too if needed.
I considered that option. I really didn't want it to come to that. If I can find a shop that has a pit and does brake fluid. That would be perfect.
Old 07-18-16, 05:06 AM
brendanf
Advanced

I'd give it more thought if I were you.

How do you expect to repair a flat tire of you can't access the jack point.

And changing the brake fluid without removing the rims is nearly impossible.
Old 07-18-16, 01:05 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow i really wanted to get the seibon cf side skirts but if it covers the jacking point and dealers wont work on the car cuz of it idk if ima get it lol such a hassle to take off only to do maintenance
Old 07-19-16, 12:11 PM
ph0nzie
Rookie

Originally Posted by asiandavid
wow i really wanted to get the seibon cf side skirts but if it covers the jacking point and dealers wont work on the car cuz of it idk if ima get it lol such a hassle to take off only to do maintenance
I might have to cut out rectangle gaps where the jacking points are and maybe brush some risen on the open edges.
Old 07-19-16, 12:57 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ph0nzie
I might have to cut out rectangle gaps where the jacking points are and maybe brush some risen on the open edges.
Good luck let us know how it goes u dint think I could ever cut into it especially at 600 a pair