IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Roll Call: NOVA/DC/Maryland

Old 03-14-15, 05:11 PM
350Nva
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
you're probably really good at playing where's waldo?,. i've been spotted!

i've spotted several all over nova now.. just saw one yesterday on 395.. which reminds me, when i use to carpool on 395 around 7-8am.. i always saw a white 3IS with tinted windows driven by a girl. always wanted to know what % are her tints.. they looked nice! hope you're on the forum and can tell me.
Haha. I'm use the 395 carpool/HOV lanes in the mornings too. I think I've seen that IS once, cause I was like heyy that car looks like mines.

Originally Posted by aezzle
How about we hit up the Great Falls cars & coffee (March 28?) and then go for a cruise and take some pics afterwards? My camera has been waiting for a 3IS session lol
wouldn't be able to make it to a great falls meet.
Old 03-15-15, 06:39 AM
dinobantin
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Alright then, let's get this thing started. Add your name to the list if you plan on going

Cars and Coffee Great Falls, VA on Saturday 3/28/2015 :

1. aezzle
2. IC350
I am in what time ..

I will surely be there ..
Old 03-15-15, 06:50 AM
dinobantin
Driver

haha it's that petrol head dedication .. I agree with parking together, maybe we can meet up somewhere before then roll there together. But we have to be there no later than 7:20ish otherwise it's too crowded to find parking together.

So, should we start an attendance list for C&C on March 28th?
I think that will also be a good idea to roll in together at least they will know we me business Lol , at the the Camaro crew will know that they are not the only crew that can attract attention at K&C .. Lol
Old 03-15-15, 07:31 AM
dinobantin
Driver

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
7-9am on a fraggin saturday? come on mate! oh well i guess.. would be nice if we all parked the 3IS' together.. pre-meet and roll out to C&C anyone?
That will be nice , any idea of the pre-meet location b4 rolling out to K&C ?
Old 03-15-15, 08:04 AM
dinobantin
Driver

Originally Posted by ziggymad
Will be joining the club next week. Moving to NOVA from Hawaii and just put a deposit down on a 2015 IS 350 F sport White/Red. Pick her up on the 21st! Cant wait.

Can anyone recommend a good tinting place? Not looking to go super dark due to the law but something other than a fishbowl.
Call this number 571 213 8942 and ask for Chris .. Let him Henry sent u for the hook up .
They used to be LA TINT but they are on their own now .. And the use the computer cut method ..
Old 03-15-15, 09:49 AM
DoomBuggy
Rookie

Originally Posted by dinobantin
Call this number 571 213 8942 and ask for Chris .. Let him Henry sent u for the hook up .
They used to be LA TINT but they are on their own now .. And the use the computer cut method ..
Is that NC Tint in Woodbridge? If so, thats who i used on my car. Quality work for a great price. But FYI, theyre cash only for any tint % past legal limits.

I might join the Great Falls meet, but thats a helluva time for me to wake up and get somewhere by 7:30, living in Fredericksburg. Put me down as a "Maybe" for now. I'll give it some more thought this week. I definitely want to join at some point though.

PS... im Chris and I drive a MRM 250 F Sport.
Old 03-15-15, 10:07 AM
dinobantin
Driver

Originally Posted by DoomBuggy
Is that NC Tint in Woodbridge? If so, thats who i used on my car. Quality work for a great price. But FYI, theyre cash only for any tint % past legal limits.

I might join the Great Falls meet, but thats a helluva time for me to wake up and get somewhere by 7:30, living in Fredericksburg. Put me down as a "Maybe" for now. I'll give it some more thought this week. I definitely want to join at some point though.

Nice to meet you Chris , and yes they do cash for going illegal limit , cuz most customers do snitch on them when they get pull over by the cops , any way even with cash payment u still get the same warranty as paying with card. And the price is very reasonable with the quality work they do and film they use.
Old 03-15-15, 11:45 AM
aezzle
Driver School Candidate

I am in what time ..

I will surely be there ..

Cars and Coffee Great Falls, VA on Saturday 3/28/2015 @ 7:00AM:

1. aezzle
2. IC350
3. dinobantin
4. DoomBuggy (maybe)
Old 03-15-15, 11:51 AM
aezzle
Driver School Candidate

I feel your pain man, I will be driving up from Richmond so it will be worse for me. How about we caravan up there? This might better motivate you to get up that early haha .. even better, I drive an MRM too

That will be nice , any idea of the pre-meet location b4 rolling out to K&C ?
Not sure, maybe somewhere off Route 7? There is a Sunoco gas station about 5 minutes from the meet location. How about we meet there @7AM then roll to C&C from there?

Sunoco
10701 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, VA 20170
Old 03-15-15, 11:57 AM
aezzle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ziggymad
Will be joining the club next week. Moving to NOVA from Hawaii and just put a deposit down on a 2015 IS 350 F sport White/Red. Pick her up on the 21st! Cant wait.

Can anyone recommend a good tinting place? Not looking to go super dark due to the law but something other than a fishbowl.
Welcome to the DMV area. As for tint places, Matt @ TNT Tint in Sterling is very good. I had all my cars tinted there and never had an issue. Madico film is the common one he uses but he also offers other brands (more expensive) such as V-Kool and Solarguard. I have also heard good feedback about TintFX in Fairfax.

TNT Tint
45891 Woodland Road
Suite 125
Sterling, VA 20166

Phone: (703) 239-2460
Old 03-15-15, 12:13 PM
ziggymad
Driver School Candidate

Welcome to the DMV area. As for tint places, Matt @ TNT Tint in Sterling is very good. I had all my cars tinted there and never had an issue. Madico film is the common one he uses but he also offers other brands (more expensive) such as V-Kool and Solarguard. I have also heard good feedback about TintFX in Fairfax.

TNT Tint
45891 Woodland Road
Suite 125
Sterling, VA 20166

Phone: (703) 239-2460
Perfect thanks!! Look forward to being back in the area
Old 03-15-15, 02:22 PM
IC350
Rookie

Hopefully i get to install my wheels by then !
Old 03-15-15, 05:51 PM
dinobantin
Driver

Ok got it pinned in phone reminder .. Will surely be there ...
Old 03-16-15, 01:18 PM
DoomBuggy
Rookie

I feel your pain man, I will be driving up from Richmond so it will be worse for me. How about we caravan up there? This might better motivate you to get up that early haha .. even better, I drive an MRM too
Youre crazy for even considering a Richmond to NoVa road trip that early... lol. However, that added motivation might work for me though. For some reason i thought the meet was this Saturday. Now that i realize its on the 28th, that weekend is much better for me.

Sidenote: i'm disappointed i wont be the only MRM at the meet now... haha.
Old 03-17-15, 08:07 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Count me in for cars and coffee!

I'm In dire need of a detail. Washed and hand waxed last night but the snow was brutal on my obsidian. Surely, I'll be ready before the meet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Roll Call: NOVA/DC/Maryland