IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Full Interior/Exterior LED Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-15, 12:51 PM
cruzanvic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Interior/Exterior LED Kit

So annoying that our $40K+ IS don't come with LED inside...does anybody know of a decent full interior + exterior (side mirror puddle lights) kit?
Old 03-02-15, 01:26 PM
FPerform
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzanvic
So annoying that our $40K+ IS don't come with LED inside...does anybody know of a decent full interior + exterior (side mirror puddle lights) kit?
How many comparable luxury cars do? Honest question as I'm not sure. I have a loaner BMW 328i and it starts at $39K and doesn't come with ****, fun as heck to drive but it makes me appreciate the features I had with my Lexus.
Old 03-02-15, 01:52 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Vehicle-Spe...us-is-df35.htm

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Lexus-IS-ES...s-p/75-008.htm
Old 03-02-15, 02:44 PM
is3501007
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

got mines here:
http://www.exledusa.com/lexus-is-3rd...xe30-2014.html

this is how my interiror looks. super bright

Old 03-04-15, 10:01 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts
Arrow

Your interior looks very nice.....
The LED brings out the design perfectly....
Old 03-05-15, 07:47 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did it come with mirror puddle lights?

Originally Posted by is3501007
got mines here:
http://www.exledusa.com/lexus-is-3rd...xe30-2014.html

this is how my interiror looks. super bright

Old 03-05-15, 09:34 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i bought my LEDs from ebay. i actually prefer it to NOT be that bright. Mine is bright enough to see/find what i need, but not bright enough to blind me at night. Had mine for almost a year now, and still working great
Old 03-06-15, 03:32 AM
is3501007
Driver

Originally Posted by Glock47
Sadly, it didnt. I was kind of disappointed.
Old 03-06-15, 03:34 AM
is3501007
Driver

Originally Posted by dc1225
Jesus that's bright. Is that the xenon white or warm white? Looks like a warehouse albeit a nice one.
tbh, I'm not sure but their quality is really good since I know their shop is somewhere located in CA but its made from korea. So far, I love it
Old 05-23-15, 10:56 AM
DaJoDJ
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Didn't want to create a new thread about this so here it goes; has anyone tried replacing the interior trunk light?

It was a PITA for me to remove it, pop it out from the right side since the cable attachment is on the left... but end up accidentally breaking off the transparent casing clip and now it won't hold firm up in the liner... I'm going to get a new one but how does one take it off without damaging it??? Any advice would be much much appreciated! Cheers.
Old 05-23-15, 11:43 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbreezie
wow thats very nice! love how its white and not blue or red haha.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-23-15, 01:22 PM
Daniel2311
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaJoDJ
Didn't want to create a new thread about this so here it goes; has anyone tried replacing the interior trunk light?

It was a PITA for me to remove it, pop it out from the right side since the cable attachment is on the left... but end up accidentally breaking off the transparent casing clip and now it won't hold firm up in the liner... I'm going to get a new one but how does one take it off without damaging it??? Any advice would be much much appreciated! Cheers.
> Great question, I am planning to change out the trunk lamp as well, the factory bulb is very dim in that space. Any help is appreciated!
Old 05-23-15, 02:25 PM
DaJoDJ
Driver

Originally Posted by Daniel2311
> Great question, I am planning to change out the trunk lamp as well, the factory bulb is very dim in that space. Any help is appreciated!
Yeah...

I managed to do a temp fix and it's still a bit loose with a little play , but at least it's not dangling.

View My Trunk Light Video
Old 05-23-15, 03:50 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DaJoDJ

If it makes you feel any better, I did the exact same thing. Luckily, after I shoved it back, it was still snug, despite having broken off a piece of the latch plastic.

All the other lights were simple to do. Well, the vanity lights, I was a little afraid they'd be like the trunk, but they weren't and was easy once I did one.

The footwell lights - I had to remove the entire plastic piece as yanking the old bulb out was too difficult. Not enough room for my fingers and I didn't want to go wrap it in duct tape and pull.

I didn't attempt the puddle lights though.
Old 05-23-15, 08:39 PM
DaJoDJ
Driver

Originally Posted by typocl
If it makes you feel any better, I did the exact same thing. Luckily, after I shoved it back, it was still snug, despite having broken off a piece of the latch plastic.

All the other lights were simple to do. Well, the vanity lights, I was a little afraid they'd be like the trunk, but they weren't and was easy once I did one.

The footwell lights - I had to remove the entire plastic piece as yanking the old bulb out was too difficult. Not enough room for my fingers and I didn't want to go wrap it in duct tape and pull.

I didn't attempt the puddle lights though.
Thanks for sharing! For the trunk, I learned that you need to pry a little on the right side and then push it to the left a little as you pry and pull down. That seems like it's the only logical way to take it out safely... What a poorly designed fragile piece...

P.S. I noticed yours is a NX, is it the same part and design for the 3IS as well?

Last edited by DaJoDJ; 05-23-15 at 08:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Full Interior/Exterior LED Kit