IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Just installed full spport exhaust system and f sport cold air intake..

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-15, 06:22 AM
Patrick047
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just installed full spport exhaust system and f sport cold air intake..

*Fsport Exhaust system *On my 2015 is 250 f sport and I must say I like the way the car sounds and feels but I was hoping for a louder sound. I was looking into a meisterschaft with valve control but they are crazy expensive :

Last edited by Patrick047; 03-03-15 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-02-15, 06:25 AM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick047
On my 2015 is 250 f sport and I must say I like the way the car sounds and feels but I was hoping for a louder sound. I was looking into a meistershaft with valve control but they are crazy expensive :
Where in Florida are you located?

Give the exhaust a few months, It will get louder and deeper once the packing breaks down.
Old 03-02-15, 06:26 AM
Patrick047
Driver

Originally Posted by ddvette9
Where in Florida are you located?

Give the exhaust a few months, It will get louder and deeper once the packing breaks down.
That's what my friend told me as well! lol thank God I heard it from someone else as well. I'm in Miami FL.
Old 03-02-15, 09:08 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

F-sport exhaust is not full exhaust, it's just axle back that's why it's not that loud. JoeZ full cat exhaust will be a lot louder.
Old 03-02-15, 09:17 AM
Patrick047
Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman
F-sport exhaust is not full exhaust, it's just axle back that's why it's not that loud. JoeZ full cat exhaust will be a lot louder.
Yea I noticed I put full, im looking for a cat to change it to to make it louder for my model.
Old 03-02-15, 10:06 AM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Yea I noticed I put full, im looking for a cat to change it to to make it louder for my model.
Give it some time before you eliminate the cats. trust me when I tell you that the exhaust sounds different when you are outside the car versus inside the car. The Lexus has a lot of insulation and noise reduction so your exhaust probably sounds quieter than it is.

Also, it sounds different under load versus standing in the driveway and revving the engine.

Trust me when I tell you to give it a few months before you install a midpipe. ALL of the full exhausts and midpipes sound crazy raspy because they eliminate the secondary cat. They keep the secondary resonator but eliminate the cat.

I would rather have my exhaust be a little quiet than raspy and ricey.
Old 03-02-15, 10:42 AM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

+1
I had the Blitz nurspec exhaust for my 2IS and believe me it got louder with time, it will sound really good without being obnoxious cuz it's a quality exhaust...
Old 03-03-15, 05:53 AM
Patrick047
Driver

Originally Posted by ddvette9
Give it some time before you eliminate the cats. trust me when I tell you that the exhaust sounds different when you are outside the car versus inside the car. The Lexus has a lot of insulation and noise reduction so your exhaust probably sounds quieter than it is.

Also, it sounds different under load versus standing in the driveway and revving the engine.

Trust me when I tell you to give it a few months before you install a midpipe. ALL of the full exhausts and midpipes sound crazy raspy because they eliminate the secondary cat. They keep the secondary resonator but eliminate the cat.

I would rather have my exhaust be a little quiet than raspy and ricey.

Yea it definitely is a quality exhaust, I was actually going to sell it and get the full Ark exhaust system but still up in the air about it.
Old 03-03-15, 01:56 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

JoeZ full exhaust
Old 03-03-15, 05:44 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
JoeZ full exhaust
2nd that vote, I have the AWD cutback and love it...
Old 03-04-15, 09:07 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojoman
Yeah I'm loving my joez AWD catback exhaust ;-) it sounds great and with the joez intake too for greater response , can't wait til it breaks in more !
Old 03-04-15, 09:10 AM
Patrick047
Driver

Originally Posted by Kwik8276
Yeah I'm loving my joez AWD catback exhaust ;-) it sounds great and with the joez intake too for greater response , can't wait til it breaks in more !
Right now for me its between the joez and Ark exhaust system both sound beautiful.
Old 03-04-15, 09:17 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right now for me its between the joez and Ark exhaust system both sound beautiful.
I heard that ark has a lot more drone inside the cab so make sure u look into it a little more before u decide ! They both do sound great tho , just heard that with joez there's better dyno results proven and quieter inside cab and beautiful sound outside :-) hope this helps
Old 03-04-15, 11:03 PM
nick0327
Driver School Candidate

Can'ts speak for Joez, but I just got ARK about 2 weeks ago. I was afraid about drone too, but trust me, it's not even that bad at all. If anything, the "minimum" drone makes the car feel sportier. Have you seen the video from r0shiro? They pretty much captures the ARK system on point. You will only hear the drone if you are going constant acceleration up hill. On the highway, no drone. Same thing for when you're cruising. Hope this helps man. GET IT!!!!!! WON't REGRET!
Old 03-05-15, 07:15 AM
Patrick047
Driver

Originally Posted by nick0327
Can'ts speak for Joez, but I just got ARK about 2 weeks ago. I was afraid about drone too, but trust me, it's not even that bad at all. If anything, the "minimum" drone makes the car feel sportier. Have you seen the video from r0shiro? They pretty much captures the ARK system on point. You will only hear the drone if you are going constant acceleration up hill. On the highway, no drone. Same thing for when you're cruising. Hope this helps man. GET IT!!!!!! WON't REGRET!
Yo Nick thanks for the input I just need to sell this exhaust first lolol

Quick Reply: Just installed full spport exhaust system and f sport cold air intake..