IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2015? 2016 is? f sport or non?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-15, 03:47 PM
akshunj
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Look at the luxury and tech package. I thought it had everything the f sport was missing like memory seats, ventilated seats, fog lights, power telescopic steering wheel. It's also every bit as fast as the f sport.
Old 02-14-15, 04:18 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I decided to pass on the F Sport to get the non F Sport and be able to have the options that I could not on the F Sport. I decided things like the fogs and ventilated seats (now available on '15 F Sports) are things I would use way more than the Sport + setting (plus, my wife hated the F Sport grill). Either way, you'll end up with a great and comfortable ride.
Old 02-14-15, 05:37 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
seats are really supportive and comfortable in the F Sport. Ive done some 2.5 hour trips with no issues. There was someone who posted who could not drive longer than 3 hours because of his back, but after buying his 3IS he did 6 hours of driving with no back pain.
Originally Posted by criticalgt
Drove mine on a 12 hour trip....

I also went on a 7.5 hour trip with absolutely no back issues. I've done the same trip in my old 2009 Accord Coupe, and an '09 Escalade. I absolutely love this car, no better car for a road trip in my opinion.
Old 02-14-15, 06:04 PM
dashmer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
I decided to pass on the F Sport to get the non F Sport and be able to have the options that I could not on the F Sport. I decided things like the fogs and ventilated seats (now available on '15 F Sports) are things I would use way more than the Sport + setting (plus, my wife hated the F Sport grill). Either way, you'll end up with a great and comfortable ride.
I concur. I went with the non f sport due to feature packaging and I also didn't like the look of the f sport. The mesh grill is fine, but I found the air intakes looked "melted". I also didn't need the sport+ performance, no tracking for me. To each their own, but following this forum, it seems that f sport is more popular.
Old 02-14-15, 11:42 PM
jellygo
Driver School Candidate

Thank you everyone for your precious time to leave a reply. I really enjoyed reading all the posts and very thankful. I just found out F sport has vent seats but no memory... I really enjoyed those feature when the car's seat and steer goes back when the car shuts off and makes me easy to get out..........

I heard there is vgrs option but is it worth...?
Old 02-14-15, 11:42 PM
jellygo
Driver School Candidate

I m planning to buy around june/july. Hopefully i get to know what will be on 2016
Old 02-15-15, 07:56 AM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dashmer
I concur. I went with the non f sport due to feature packaging and I also didn't like the look of the f sport. The mesh grill is fine, but I found the air intakes looked "melted". I also didn't need the sport+ performance, no tracking for me. To each their own, but following this forum, it seems that f sport is more popular.
It sure does. IMO, the F-sport package is a poor value for the money. If someone's really going to drive it hard, the active suspension is nice, but for any normal street driving the "luxury" is plenty sporty.
Old 02-15-15, 03:11 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dizlex
It sure does. IMO, the F-sport package is a poor value for the money. If someone's really going to drive it hard, the active suspension is nice, but for any normal street driving the "luxury" is plenty sporty.
I use the Sport+ setting all the time - even when I'm not driving hard. Especially on the highway. At 80mph, the car feels much more planted and solid when in Sport+.

It makes NO sense why Lexus won't offer a "fully loaded" IS. Why can't non F-Sport owners get an adaptive suspension? Why can't F-Sport owners get memory seats? Dumb.
Old 02-19-15, 04:55 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I use the Sport+ setting all the time - even when I'm not driving hard. Especially on the highway. At 80mph, the car feels much more planted and solid when in Sport+.
If you don't mind the harder ride...

It makes NO sense why Lexus won't offer a "fully loaded" IS. Why can't non F-Sport owners get an adaptive suspension? Why can't F-Sport owners get memory seats? Dumb.
I can only suppose that it costs too much to offer too many variations in a relatively low-volume car.

Still, it seems that "fully loaded" should be an option.
Old 02-20-15, 01:23 PM
djwoody
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Spagolli94
Agreed! I paid almost $7k more for the F-sport and had no idea I was compromising so much on features. Lexus does a good job of hiding those details in the fine print! Now I'm stuck without memory seats for the next 4 years. Pretty pissed off about that!
Old 05-05-15, 06:04 AM
microsurf
Driver School Candidate

A dealer told me that the 2016 orders are being placed in June. May 12 is the last date he can order 2015s.

I hope they add seat memory to an F-Sport package.
Old 05-05-15, 06:11 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

maybe they will add those for you... I don't have the memory seat and it doesn't bother me at all, but its not like I have multiple people driving my car ever...
Old 05-05-15, 07:21 AM
microsurf
Driver School Candidate

I'd love to forbid my GF from driving it, but that won't fly.
Old 05-05-15, 02:22 PM
chansIS350
Driver School Candidate

F Sport is awesome. I think the seats could be uncomfortable if you are bigger since the bolsters do stick out, otherwise it's an awesome ride. I test drove mine on Sport + and fell in love. Even in Sport + the ride was comfortable compared to my previous car, an M3. Plus I love the sportier look the F Sport has.
Old 05-05-15, 02:26 PM
Sito514
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F Sport all the way... it's all about that front bumper.

Quick Reply: 2015? 2016 is? f sport or non?