IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2015? 2016 is? f sport or non?

Old 02-13-15, 03:45 PM
jellygo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015? 2016 is? f sport or non?

Hello everyone new to the forum. Very excited to see lots of threads.

While I was looking for reliable cars, I test drove is350 F sport. I was impressed how this vehicle drove with nice hot looking. I was ready to buy but since its 2015, I had a thought 2016 will release soon. Has anyone heard of what's going to be on 2016?

Also is there lots of gap between f sport and non f sport? I do want a car that's sporty, but I'm bit worried if the f sport will be uncomfortable for long trip...

I would love to hear everyone's experiences and advices.
Thanks in advance!
Old 02-13-15, 03:47 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

seats are really supportive and comfortable in the F Sport. Ive done some 2.5 hour trips with no issues. There was someone who posted who could not drive longer than 3 hours because of his back, but after buying his 3IS he did 6 hours of driving with no back pain.
Old 02-13-15, 03:50 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Drove mine on a 12 hour trip....
Old 02-13-15, 04:10 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

F Sport seats are very comfortable but be aware they are not real leather. It is a synthetic material called NuLuxe. If that does not bother you, then they are very comfortable. However, getting in and out of the car is problematic due to the side bolstering of the seats. Suspension is very nice in F Sport trim, firm but comfortable enough. It is very balanced in terms of giving you the feel of being sporty and comfortable at the same time. Me being be the biggest critic of this car, you can take my words seriously on that. Ride on 3IS F Sport is superb.
Old 02-13-15, 05:51 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I doubt you'll have problems with the seats. And unfortunately, we won't hear anything about 2016 models until late June or early july. At least that's how it was for the 2015s.
Old 02-13-15, 07:30 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

love my F sport, I have done an 8 hour drive with no problems for both my wife and I
Old 02-13-15, 11:54 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jellygo
Hello everyone new to the forum. Very excited to see lots of threads.

While I was looking for reliable cars, I test drove is350 F sport. I was impressed how this vehicle drove with nice hot looking. I was ready to buy but since its 2015, I had a thought 2016 will release soon. Has anyone heard of what's going to be on 2016?

Also is there lots of gap between f sport and non f sport? I do want a car that's sporty, but I'm bit worried if the f sport will be uncomfortable for long trip...

I would love to hear everyone's experiences and advices.
Thanks in advance!
The F Sport suspension tuning will not beat you up, and the seats are great. I have no issues with the NuLuxe material in place of leather either. I'm 65 and I can drive this car for hours without any back pain.
Old 02-14-15, 06:13 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

3IS is a lot more comfortable than my 2IS Sport package was. 2IS feels harsh and jittery. 3IS was a lot smoother, yet handles better
Old 02-14-15, 06:56 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

i have my sight set on the '16 IS200T F- Sport. most likely will get one during this year's December to Remember event.
Old 02-14-15, 12:00 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you're waiting for a 2016, it's going to be a long wait. I don't think they'll be on dealers' lots until Sept/Oct or so. Does anybody know if there are any changes planned for the 2016 model?

I have a 2015 IS350 F-Sport and it's by far the most comfortable car I've ever owned, both in terms of the seat and ride quality. I've never once felt tired or worn down after long drives. I live in the city and our streets are littered with potholes and manhole covers. But the IS takes it all in stride. The ride is firm and sporty but not harsh in any way. The ride quality is light years better than my previous E90 330 and 335i.
Old 02-14-15, 12:03 PM
Loe
Pole Position

I wonder what the production cycle has been for the 3IS? Is it July - June with dealer allocations 1 month directly after the first month of production? That would make it aug (probably closer to end of August), which would seem right since the 2015 I looked at back in Sept was on the the dealers lot since Aug as per the sale rep. I would like to hear 2016 changes, but I would not expect significant changes (even doubtful of new engines).

In regards to the seats, I feel the seats need better upper back support, or adjustable up/down on the lumbar, not just front/back. However, it only becomes a complaint if I'm on the road for over 2 hours, otherwise they are comfortable. The lack of lumbar support on the F-sport passenger side is concerning, and I would never want to take a road trip in that seat because of it.

Last edited by Loe; 02-14-15 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-14-15, 12:33 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
seats are really supportive and comfortable in the F Sport. Ive done some 2.5 hour trips with no issues. There was someone who posted who could not drive longer than 3 hours because of his back, but after buying his 3IS he did 6 hours of driving with no back pain.
I can also vouch for the comfort of the F Sport seats. I am older and this is the first car I have ever owned in which my back and legs tolerate driving six hours non stop. The NuLuxe is more comfortable to me than any leather seats I have had. The material also looks new after a year of ownership with no care other than occasionally wiping with a moist microfiber towel.
Old 02-14-15, 02:15 PM
KS13
Driver

According to my regional manager of Lexus New England, aesthetically one of the biggest changes are going to be the yellow turn signal lights will be embedded in the DRL LED lights, like the NX and the RCF. The tail lights will be redesigned and tweaked to look more aggressive/appealing. He says that not to expect any engine changes until maybe 2017.
Old 02-14-15, 02:19 PM
KS13
Driver

As for the OP, I would wait until end of March if you want a 2015, or end of December if you want a 2016, as those are the times when you're likely to get a killer/better deal on pricing.
Old 02-14-15, 03:36 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by KS13
According to my regional manager of Lexus New England, aesthetically one of the biggest changes are going to be the yellow turn signal lights will be embedded in the DRL LED lights, like the NX and the RCF. The tail lights will be redesigned and tweaked to look more aggressive/appealing. He says that not to expect any engine changes until maybe 2017.
Hmm might have to wait until 2016 to see how the tail lights come out. Not a huge fan of the current tail lights. Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015? 2016 is? f sport or non?