Two months is all it took..

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-15, 10:28 AM
aha2988
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two months is all it took..

Two months is all it took..-img_2193.jpg

wtf is wrong with people... I swore I was gonna wreak havoc on whoever's car was parked next to mine, in the event I saw they provided me with a nice door ding. Lucky bastards got away this time.

two freakin months of parking miles away from what i was interested in getting to, trying to prevent this.. and it still happens.

and people wonder why they're mass shootings.. I seriously do not understand why its so difficult for others to show respect for other peoples belongings.

yeah its hard to see, yeah there isn't a scratch.. I can probably get it pulled without any paint work.. but someone had to physically open there door into my car realize what they did, possibly wipe away any marks, and continue on there day without a care or concern even the slightest thought of leaving an apologetic note.. ****ers...

I've re-evaluated my revenge response.. instead of havoc on the perps car.. I'm going to find what they care about most or care about comparably to the way I care about my vehicle.. and burn it..
Old 02-04-15, 11:04 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Sorry to hear. It's usually passengers or kids passengers that are *******s. Mine also got a ding from passenger door.
Old 02-04-15, 11:24 AM
Mushi31
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i totally feel you. 2 months into my car i got an accident where someone was pulling into a parking stall and clipped the front left corner damaging my front bumper and my led light. i parked very far far far away and still this happens. I also got some license mark dings on my rear bumpers..... honestly cant they make the law change and make parking stalls wider? no offence to those large pick up trucks but there so wide they ruin every parking strips forcing one stall to park closer to the other and then the chain goes on. either hope u can get it pop back out!
Old 02-04-15, 12:25 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Mushi31
i totally feel you. 2 months into my car i got an accident where someone was pulling into a parking stall and clipped the front left corner damaging my front bumper and my led light. i parked very far far far away and still this happens. I also got some license mark dings on my rear bumpers..... honestly cant they make the law change and make parking stalls wider? no offence to those large pick up trucks but there so wide they ruin every parking strips forcing one stall to park closer to the other and then the chain goes on. either hope u can get it pop back out!
No matter how wide city makes it some jerk will always park like an *** over the line. I've seen some people squeezed a van between two SUV's or two other vans in "compact" spot.
Old 02-04-15, 12:46 PM
aha2988
Driver School Candidate

I knew at some point it was going to happen. It's pretty much inevitable, its just infuriating in any situation when you put a great deal of effort into preventing something and or getting something to work out the way you want. Only to have someone come along and make all your efforts worthless...
granted I'd probably have dozens more had I not taken precautions.

ugghh its a lose lose situation.

I figured you guys would share my dismay in the matter. Definitely eases tension knowing I'm not alone.
Old 02-04-15, 01:01 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by aha2988

Attachment 353839

wtf is wrong with people... I swore I was gonna wreak havoc on whoever's car was parked next to mine, in the event I saw they provided me with a nice door ding. Lucky bastards got away this time.

two freakin months of parking miles away from what i was interested in getting to, trying to prevent this.. and it still happens.

and people wonder why they're mass shootings.. I seriously do not understand why its so difficult for others to show respect for other peoples belongings.

yeah its hard to see, yeah there isn't a scratch.. I can probably get it pulled without any paint work.. but someone had to physically open there door into my car realize what they did, possibly wipe away any marks, and continue on there day without a care or concern even the slightest thought of leaving an apologetic note.. ****ers...

I've re-evaluated my revenge response.. instead of havoc on the perps car.. I'm going to find what they care about most or care about comparably to the way I care about my vehicle.. and burn it..
That sucks. I always park way away from everyone too. When I do that at work, there's always some jackass parked right next to me at the end of the day.
Old 02-04-15, 02:21 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have found that trying to avoid these situations actually seems to expedite them happening. I don't even try to park anywhere other than the most convenient stalls because in reality door dings, scraps and scuffs are inevitable. And it is just a car after all.
Old 02-04-15, 05:40 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

door dings do suck really bad, but i think you're overreacting with wanting to burn something or someone that they care about and mass shootings over a door ding
Old 02-04-15, 05:43 PM
Clipperfan
Driver School Candidate

First week after I got my IS250, I got back from class to the parking structure to see a nice big scratch on the side of the car, front and rear passenger doors... i guess a woman dragged her purse across it, or somebody with their backpack.... its okay, the first bit of damage is always the hardest to deal with
Old 02-04-15, 06:06 PM
aha2988
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tea
door dings do suck really bad, but i think you're overreacting with wanting to burn something or someone that they care about and mass shootings over a door ding
For clarity I was ranting. Definitely not realistic intentions. It would be childish at best to react that way.

Even still though, one more reason to respect other people's property. You never know how bad of a day they may be having. A simple door ding can be the straw that breaks the camels back in some ones mind I'm sure.
Old 02-04-15, 07:32 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel your pain! I had a ding recently.
Old 02-05-15, 12:43 AM
janterry15
Rookie

I kinda feel U.
i don't have a door ding but I think I got worse.

Someone's shopping cart hit my fender making a dent that can't be repaired 100%.. (Assumingly it was free traveling in wind and stopped when it hit my fender dead on..)

Some fool keyed my car out of pure jealousy.. Ppl here key your cars cause it's new or cause they jealous U saved up enough hard earn money to buy one...
Old 02-05-15, 12:24 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

Some *** hat side swiped me within the first two weeks in a parking lot and left. I almost cried.
Old 02-05-15, 02:57 PM
KS13
Driver

Originally Posted by janterry15
I kinda feel U.
i don't have a door ding but I think I got worse.

Someone's shopping cart hit my fender making a dent that can't be repaired 100%.. (Assumingly it was free traveling in wind and stopped when it hit my fender dead on..)

Some fool keyed my car out of pure jealousy.. Ppl here key your cars cause it's new or cause they jealous U saved up enough hard earn money to buy one...
Had my Acura TL keyed two years back. First time the bi*** got away. The second time he tried to do it again, then I fuc*** him up bad, and took his money as well as his phone and keyed his face. I don't think he will be doing it again.

And to the OP, I feel your pain. Someone dinged my old SUV side door.
Old 02-05-15, 03:25 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what you mean man. Believe me i trully understand how you feel. There was this great YouTube vid about "small parking only" or something like that

Quick Reply: Two months is all it took..