IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Love / Hate Relationship with my IS

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-15, 02:18 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If these minor issues are the reason you have a love/hate relationship with your Lexus then you really should be thankful.
Old 02-04-15, 02:27 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by dc1225
Wait, so you're saying the standard base has more options than the f sport? I thought f sport had everything standard had and then some?
By standard model, I simply mean not the F Sport. By not getting the F Sport, you can get things like memory seats, fog lights, seat ventilation, etc.. I would have had to give up those items had I bought the F sport.

For me, the F Sport felt like a downgrade. I wasn't willing to give up the luxury features to get AVS and the F Sport appearance items.
Old 02-05-15, 06:09 AM
realkrs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomBuggy
As much as my heated seats suck, I think my main frustration is the iPhone/iPod connection. I took a bottom of the barrel Chevy Sonic rental recently and that thing worked flawlessly with my phone. Never had to turn off Wifi, on/off Bluetooth, re-load playlists, etc. Connection never randomly dropped in the middle of my commute. Why Lexus has not put forth great efforts to resolve these concerns is beyond me. It is a **** poor issue that should not have dragged on for over a year.
You'll probably get a pretty good trade-in price for your Lexus when you buy your new Chevy Sonic.

I hope that the "Sonic" name isn't a tipoff to the amount of racket the car will produce after 25 to 30,000 miles. That'd just be mean.
Old 02-05-15, 06:42 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by realkrs
You'll probably get a pretty good trade-in price for your Lexus when you buy your new Chevy Sonic.

I hope that the "Sonic" name isn't a tipoff to the amount of racket the car will produce after 25 to 30,000 miles. That'd just be mean.
I never understand people that make comments like this. Well...if you like how a car works, YOU SHOULD TRADE FOR IT!!!!!

No, the person simply stated that they were impressed by how the other car worked, and wished theirs did the same.

Furthermore, lets stop the pointless Chevy bashing without premise
Old 02-05-15, 10:02 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dc1225
When you got Obama as investor, you can afford to fix little details like ipod integration.
When you have Obama as an investor, you can afford to fix small details like iPod integration

Furthermore, people are so quick to state that GM is government motors and ect. But you won't really take the moment to think about...what would have happened if GM would have gone under? Do you know the number of manufacturing jobs that would have been lost just at their plants (all around the world)? The number of engineers who would have lost their jobs? How many people that work at dealership that would have lost their jobs? Do you know the amount of secondary product suppliers that would have lost huge contracts, such as ZF for transmissions, or engine block providers. Those companies would have lost revenue and therefore, had to lay people off.

Realize that the government saved GM to save a large part of the american workforce.

So I think what you meant to say is "When the American people invested in General Motors, in order to keep the country's automotive workforce safe, Chevrolet seems to have gotten ipod integration operating correctly"

Last edited by Swacer; 02-05-15 at 10:08 AM.