IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

5000 mile service and F Sport Exhaust Install today....Dealer charges for gas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-15, 10:55 AM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I worked at BMW, the loaners had to come in with he same amount of gas that you received the car with. Mercedes and Audi have the same rules as well, at least where I live.
Old 01-24-15, 11:32 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
We'll just have to agree to disagree. As long as I get a good deal, I couldn't care less what they give me.

I just never expect gifts from anybody in my life. If someone wants to give me a gift, then I'll accept it thankfully and graciously, but to expect a gift? I just don't understand that.
I agree with you. I don't expect the touch-up paint to be free at all Lexus dealers, but having bought other cars at other dealers I've received a free bottle with the purchase or during the 1st service appointment. That said, if I expected a gift from someone I'd be struggling

"As long as I get a good deal, I couldn't care less what they give me" - Me too! I know I saved 13% off my '15 IS250 F-Sport, so I could care less about a free touch-up paint bottle
Old 01-28-15, 07:20 AM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Minor update to this thread. I noticed that one of the Lexus F-Sport performance exhaust pipes was about an inch too high on one side (nearly flush with the lower valance) and contacted the service department manager. I was worried the pipe could potentially melt the plastic.

He was extremely helpful and offered to fill up my tank after the 20 minute adjustment. Great Lexus service experience! If you are on the fence about the Lexus Performance Exhaust, do it!
Old 01-28-15, 09:45 AM
FPerform
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HanaleiISF
Minor update to this thread. I noticed that one of the Lexus F-Sport performance exhaust pipes was about an inch too high on one side (nearly flush with the lower valance) and contacted the service department manager. I was worried the pipe could potentially melt the plastic.

He was extremely helpful and offered to fill up my tank after the 20 minute adjustment. Great Lexus service experience! If you are on the fence about the Lexus Performance Exhaust, do it!
I'm on the fence. If it is a $1000+ upgrade purely for sound, meh. If you do get added low-to-mid torque as advertised, I'm in. There have been conflicting experiences from reading around here, not enough to sway me to get it.
Old 01-28-15, 10:06 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think an axle back will do a lot in performance. A cat-back would give you around 10HP which is like average. Gotta take out, as much as possible, everything that hinders the flow of exhaust (and air intake), like the cats for example.
Old 01-28-15, 10:24 AM
azfsport
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FPerform
I'm on the fence. If it is a $1000+ upgrade purely for sound, meh. If you do get added low-to-mid torque as advertised, I'm in. There have been conflicting experiences from reading around here, not enough to sway me to get it.
I'm on the fence also. I seriously doubt there is a noticeable power gain but the exhaust note on these cars is non-existent. My FX35 sounded MUCH better.
Old 01-28-15, 08:35 PM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

I don't really notice HP gain or torque response that would be considered significant, but for me it filled a hole that was obviously missing in the sound department during acceleration. Easily worth the $850 I paid for the exhaust off a lease return.
Old 01-29-15, 09:09 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't really notice HP gain or torque response that would be considered significant, but for me it filled a hole that was obviously missing in the sound department during acceleration. Easily worth the $850 I paid for the exhaust off a lease return.
FSport Exhaust is actually one the least loudest of the available exhausts for our cars. I don't like super raspy and obnoxious exhausts. Might consider pairing this one with an aftermarket mid pipe. For now I'll hold until HKS comes with something else.
Old 01-29-15, 09:50 AM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by drbazing
FSport Exhaust is actually one the least loudest of the available exhausts for our cars. I don't like super raspy and obnoxious exhausts. Might consider pairing this one with an aftermarket mid pipe. For now I'll hold until HKS comes with something else.
The F-Sport Exhaust volume and note for me is perfect. Great sound when you get on the gas and little buzzing otherwise when cruising. Any louder while cruising on the interstate and it would start to be uncomfortable at least to me.
Old 01-29-15, 10:03 AM
FPerform
Driver

It's interesting because I've seen some Lexus dealerships online advertise 25HP increase.
Old 01-29-15, 10:08 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

joez full exhaust gives about 12, axle back would probably be half that.
Old 01-29-15, 10:37 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FPerform
It's interesting because I've seen some Lexus dealerships online advertise 25HP increase.
No exhaust will give you 25hp. If they claim that, they are lying through their teeth. You'll be lucky to get 10hp out of a full cat back. The Fsport axel back is short of useless