IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F SPORT X Line launched in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-15, 02:46 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Hi Magne, I didn't dig into the exact details but the posts were on MinKara Carview - the biggest Japanese car blog site.

There are at least 2 people that show the wirings changed behind the door panels for the sake of tweaking their already power folding mirrors.

However the following post seems to show only the electronic module below the window switch plates that needs to be replaced in order to make it work.

I suspect there are two ways of tweaking -- the DIY re-wiring method and the much more expensive module replacement method ---- the 2nd method will give you the "auto" toggle switch.

Take a look.. Hope it helps. https://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid...642/photo.aspx

Note the owner mentioned it is expensive and it is RHD car. It costs him 24,000 Japanese yens which is about around US$200 for the part only.

Thank you for the link.
As far as I can see, there are some extra wireing required.
I also see that he replaces the buttons in his excisting set up.
It looks a bit complicated to do, but not impossible. I'll try out the link later and use google translate to see if I can make any sense of it.
Old 01-13-15, 07:17 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Tried to translate the link with google.
As japanse is an entirely different language when it comes to how it's built up, and translate does not do a good job, I couldn't make sense of the text.

It was impossible to know if and how to do this, if it required extra wireing, and why he could not use the new panel he got, as far as I cold tell from the text.

If you know anybody that can translate japanse into something that is understandable, it would help a lot.
Old 01-13-15, 08:03 AM
3ivato
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Memory Seats should be on all Is Models
Old 01-13-15, 10:09 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

yep I think this looks better than the crafted line to bad it was for Japan as usual, they always get the good stuff.
Old 01-14-15, 01:55 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 3ivato
Memory Seats should be on all Is Models
Maybe in the US. Not in Eu and asia
Old 01-14-15, 09:06 PM
itsjdmyo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to get my hands on that red stitched shift **** though!
Old 01-15-15, 02:25 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by magne
Tried to translate the link with google.
As japanse is an entirely different language when it comes to how it's built up, and translate does not do a good job, I couldn't make sense of the text.

It was impossible to know if and how to do this, if it required extra wireing, and why he could not use the new panel he got, as far as I cold tell from the text.

If you know anybody that can translate japanse into something that is understandable, it would help a lot.
Hi Magne,

After reading the link I provided to you last time again (with my limited Japanese), I do realize that owner actually did not successfully make the auto-folding mirrors work. The title of his blog is simply "Not as planned". Originally he planned to just replace the black switch plate module with the one with auto-folding function would work. However, the problem lies with the fact that the white connector/coupler is slightly different. (In the article, he used the term There is no way to plug the coupler (without auto-folding function) into the module with auto-folding mirrors. After paying around US$200+ for the module with no way of refund, he comforted himself that he has got a nice dummy module that pretends to be functional.

I learned that Lexus like to discourage a certain tweaks. Another example is Lexus tweaked the connector/coupler for the trunk light -- I intended to use the trunk light assembly in 2IS into 3IS because 2IS trunk light has a on/off switch. Lexus has changed the design to the point where there is no way to retrofit.

Being said, there are 2 other links on MinKara where the other owners have commented about the wiring change (behind the door panel)

(1) This one is for 2IS. I bet the concept is similar as auto-folding mirrors have been around for years for other Toyota and Lexus vehicles.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...2314/note.aspx

(2) This one is definitely for 3IS. The pinouts for the white connector are listed.
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...7572/note.aspx

Again, use at your own risk. Definitely void the warranty as you need to tap and change the wirings.
Old 01-16-15, 02:07 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AndyL
Hi Magne,

After reading the link I provided to you last time again (with my limited Japanese), I do realize that owner actually did not successfully make the auto-folding mirrors work. The title of his blog is simply "Not as planned". Originally he planned to just replace the black switch plate module with the one with auto-folding function would work. However, the problem lies with the fact that the white connector/coupler is slightly different. (In the article, he used the term There is no way to plug the coupler (without auto-folding function) into the module with auto-folding mirrors. After paying around US$200+ for the module with no way of refund, he comforted himself that he has got a nice dummy module that pretends to be functional.

I learned that Lexus like to discourage a certain tweaks. Another example is Lexus tweaked the connector/coupler for the trunk light -- I intended to use the trunk light assembly in 2IS into 3IS because 2IS trunk light has a on/off switch. Lexus has changed the design to the point where there is no way to retrofit.

Being said, there are 2 other links on MinKara where the other owners have commented about the wiring change (behind the door panel)

(1) This one is for 2IS. I bet the concept is similar as auto-folding mirrors have been around for years for other Toyota and Lexus vehicles.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...2314/note.aspx

(2) This one is definitely for 3IS. The pinouts for the white connector are listed.
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...7572/note.aspx

Again, use at your own risk. Definitely void the warranty as you need to tap and change the wirings.
Thank you for the info.
When it is not as simple as just changing the switch panel, I'll just stay away from the whole project. A bit to much work and risk, just to avoid pressing the folding button in the panel..