IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Rock Chip! Ultra White

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-15, 02:37 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by HanaleiISF
Thanks for sharing! Is the yellowing covered under the 7 year warranty for Clear Bra?
You're welcome!! I have no idea what brand clear bra was on my previous car & I didn't even try to ask the dealer. There are several brands that make a "clear bra". This type of protection is called paint protection film or "PPF".

I chose Xpel Ultimate because it has a 10 year warranty against yellowing, cracking, etc... It also claims to be self-healing. I would suggest you find an authorized installer through their website if you're interested.
Old 02-13-15, 08:13 AM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doodlebug
You're welcome!! I have no idea what brand clear bra was on my previous car & I didn't even try to ask the dealer. There are several brands that make a "clear bra". This type of protection is called paint protection film or "PPF".

I chose Xpel Ultimate because it has a 10 year warranty against yellowing, cracking, etc... It also claims to be self-healing. I would suggest you find an authorized installer through their website if you're interested.
I had the 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film Pro installed by an authorized shop. The Xpel shop wanted about $500 more so that's the only thing that deterred me.
Old 02-13-15, 09:18 AM
waxy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doodlebug

That is awesome, thank you for your very detailed explanation.
I will look into this, so you recommend Xpel?
Old 02-13-15, 10:13 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by waxy
That is awesome, thank you for your very detailed explanation.
I will look into this, so you recommend Xpel?
I would recommend Xpel. However, the price does tend to be higher and finding an authorized installer can be difficult in some areas - there was only one installer in my area. That being said, there are other brands that are now available and many people prefer those: 3M Scotchguard Pro and Suntek come to mind. The way I see it, some protection is better than no protection. The original bra that my last car came with did yellow, but, it protected my paint beautifully. And that was installed back in 2008; PPF has come a long way since then.

You need to price PPF and install what you can comfortably afford.