IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

List of bulbs to do a full LED swap out on the interior / trunk lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-15, 03:33 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I have the ijdmtoy interior map light panels, they are awesome, very bright and a lot of light
Old 01-10-15, 11:51 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is what I used:
Interior: LP Series LED Package 2 (LP4)
Puddle Light: LP5 Frost White (LP5)
Trunk: LP Series Cool White

The LP4 interior ones are not super bright, but it's significantly brighter than stock already.
If you want something super bright, get the MaxRS LEDs from the website

And for the puddle light, I believe the LP5 is the brightest....
Old 01-11-15, 06:26 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
you dont need to pull out the light housing for the 3IS, all you do is pop off a lens. You have to in the 2IS
+1 It could've been a lot easier for you! It looks sharp
Old 01-11-15, 11:09 AM
sirdonnie8
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 2015 IS250 all used was 194 style LED bulbs, all interior nights, trunk and puddle light.
The following users liked this post:
Dreamcast (07-29-17)
Old 01-11-15, 03:58 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you guys use a flathead to remove the parts or a special tool?
Old 01-11-15, 06:11 PM
ralphiep
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flat head and pry up, were the jdm toy ones just plug and play?
Old 01-11-15, 07:50 PM
skitzo
Driver School Candidate

Did the swap this afternoon. I didn't have the problems with the domes as RWSeattle did, most were pull the lense, pull the bulb and swap... but the puddle light in the drivers well was a bear. You can't pull it straight out. You have to pop out the housing which then swiftly gets lost in the dash and is impossible to put back into the housing without direct access. I had to pull the lower panel (two screws and a tug on the pannel to remove) but popped a fuse figuring that out. I'll drop some pictures in a bit so nobody else has the same issue.

Last edited by skitzo; 01-11-15 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-11-15, 08:02 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skitzo
Did the swap this afternoon. I didn't have the problems with the domes as RWSeattle did, most were pull the lense, pull the bulb and swap... but the puddle light in the drivers well was a bear. You can't pull it straight out. You have to pop out the housing which then swiftly gets lost in the dash and is impossible to put back into the housing without direct access. I had to pull the lower panel (two screws and a tug on the pannel to remove) but popped a fuse figuring that out. I'll drop some pictures in a bit so nobody else has the same issue.
you actually don't have to do all that. I just used tape to pull the bulb out
Old 01-12-15, 12:26 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Glock47
I can vouch for the HID powerhouse kit. I love mine. First "mod" outside of RSR ran Up in my car. Great experience and if you call / mail them you get a CL discount. Awesome service too. No error codes or dead LEDs. +1 for HIDpowerhouse
Old 01-22-15, 10:29 AM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone know where to get good tools to remove the light cover pieces without scratching? I'm going to go w/ the powerhouse kit.
Old 01-22-15, 11:23 AM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nixx621
Anyone know where to get good tools to remove the light cover pieces without scratching? I'm going to go w/ the powerhouse kit.
I am pretty sure you know these by now
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/2034.html

I bought just a pry tool and it worked to replace all lights. I finally completed puddle lights, which were the most challenging replacement among all other lights. Lexus quoted $160 for the labor! But once you learn how to replace one, the other one becomes a piece of cake. I still cant forget that night where I could not re assemble the rear mirror lol.
Old 01-22-15, 12:09 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorik
I am pretty sure you know these by now
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/2034.html

I bought just a pry tool and it worked to replace all lights. I finally completed puddle lights, which were the most challenging replacement among all other lights. Lexus quoted $160 for the labor! But once you learn how to replace one, the other one becomes a piece of cake. I still cant forget that night where I could not re assemble the rear mirror lol.
Thanks for the info. $32 bucks tho? That's a bit steep. I bought the same tool on amazon for $4.98. Granted it's coming from China but I'm sure it will get the job done, lol.

My car is a lease so I don't think i'm going to mess w/ the puddle lights...seems to be too much of a hassle.
Old 01-23-15, 06:41 AM
FPerform
Driver

Is it possible to change the vanity lights to LED?
Old 01-23-15, 07:15 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FPerform
Is it possible to change the vanity lights to LED?
Yes, it is possible. In fact, the vanity light is much easier to replace due to the soft material around the plastic enclosure on the roof. The original bulb is just a regular wedge bulb/P168.

You just need a proper plastic prying tool . The prying point is either left or right side of the enclosure but is always on the same side for both vanity light.

For 3IS -
Attached Thumbnails List of bulbs to do a full LED swap out on the interior / trunk lighting?-img_4289.jpg   List of bulbs to do a full LED swap out on the interior / trunk lighting?-img_4290.jpg  
Old 01-23-15, 07:21 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nixx621
Thanks for the info. $32 bucks tho? That's a bit steep. I bought the same tool on amazon for $4.98. Granted it's coming from China but I'm sure it will get the job done, lol.

My car is a lease so I don't think i'm going to mess w/ the puddle lights...seems to be too much of a hassle.
I have this particular set of tool as well, also bought from Sewell but it was at a much lower price. Because the tips of the tools are crude, I find myself use other plastic prying tools that I bought elsewhere more often.

Quick Reply: List of bulbs to do a full LED swap out on the interior / trunk lighting?