IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Opti Coat 2.0 vs CQuartz Finest vs GTechniq / Which one did you get and why?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-15, 06:31 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CtSFox
I have used Wolfgang paint sealant over the past few years and have been very satisfied. In between applications (every 3-4 months with semi-annual claying) I use Wolfgang spritz spray sealant after most washes. The durable deep gloss shine produced on my Nebula finish is impressive.
Maybe I'll give this stuff a try! Thanks guys
Old 01-04-15, 07:11 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
Maybe I'll give this stuff a try! Thanks guys
Traditional paint sealants are OK if you're someone who will apply it 3 times each year. A paint coating still has tons of benefits in terms of protection, durability, and ease of maintenance. Paint coatings are definitely something you can DIY as long as you're comfortable with the prep work that is involved.

Here is an article I wrote that helps to highlight some of the benefits of a paint coating.

The Benefits of a Paint Coating - Zach McGovern

Let me know if you've got any questions

-Zach
Old 01-04-15, 08:49 AM
IS350SWFL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Traditional paint sealants are OK if you're someone who will apply it 3 times each year. A paint coating still has tons of benefits in terms of protection, durability, and ease of maintenance. Paint coatings are definitely something you can DIY as long as you're comfortable with the prep work that is involved.

Here is an article I wrote that helps to highlight some of the benefits of a paint coating.

The Benefits of a Paint Coating - Zach McGovern

Let me know if you've got any questions

-Zach
There may be added benefits, but for me, those benefits aren't worth the extra cost, time, and work of the other paint coatings. I live in South Florida where we get 100+ degree weather and daily rain storms during the summer. I apply Wolfgang sealant in May and again in November (beginning and end of rainy season). Keeps dirt/dust/road debris from getting embedded in the paint.