IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

What tire dressing do you use? Post pictures of your tires

Old 12-30-14, 10:58 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default What tire dressing do you use? Post pictures of your tires

Hello CL community,

I was wondering what kind of tire dressing you use for your tires. I like a wet look on my tires. I've tried so many stuff that I haven't been able to find something that's right! What I'm using now is from Ardex and it's a milky solution that's diluted with water. Anyone has something that gives that wet look? Post pictures.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails What tire dressing do you use? Post pictures of your tires-detail-4.jpg  
Old 12-30-14, 11:13 AM
Machine13
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I use Black Magic Tire Wet. It gives it that wet shiny appearance. One of the things I like about this brand is that it's a totally clear liquid. I'm a bit skeptical about using milky, or worse yet, liquids with ammonia in it, such as Armor All, because they often turn the tires yellow or dull over time. I've been using Tire Wet for years and haven't had a yellow tire since.

Old 12-30-14, 11:15 AM
Machine13
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

And here's the webpage for Black Magic Tire Wet:

http://www.blackmagicshine.com/tire-wet.php
Old 12-30-14, 11:58 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Machine13
I use Black Magic Tire Wet. It gives it that wet shiny appearance. One of the things I like about this brand is that it's a totally clear liquid. I'm a bit skeptical about using milky, or worse yet, liquids with ammonia in it, such as Armor All, because they often turn the tires yellow or dull over time. I've been using Tire Wet for years and haven't had a yellow tire since.

Thanks Machine13! I'll check it out
Old 12-30-14, 12:03 PM
rgonza1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Chemical Guys Natural Tire Shine. You may not like it because it's not over the top glossy. I love it because it gives your tires that brand new natural shine.
Attached Thumbnails What tire dressing do you use? Post pictures of your tires-img_20141230_123309077_hdr.jpg   What tire dressing do you use? Post pictures of your tires-img_20141230_113558080_hdr.jpg  
Old 12-30-14, 12:49 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

I've been using Zaino Bros. Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss for years. It provides the satin like shine that I like. It is long lasting and doesn't sling.
Old 12-30-14, 02:43 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I don't have any pictures but Tuf Shine is amazing product if you have spare time to prep. It's semi permanent tire shine, it will not fade after multiple car washes. I had to get this because typical silicon tire dressing will stain Ultra White paint. It does take a lot of prep work to remove existing silicon coating from tires otherwise it will not stick.
Old 12-30-14, 07:22 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rgonza1
I use Chemical Guys Natural Tire Shine. You may not like it because it's not over the top glossy. I love it because it gives your tires that brand new natural shine.
Yeah, that looks like what I currently use. It's a natural shine look. I would like to see something glossy, but not so sure if I can find it.
Old 12-30-14, 07:24 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by doodlebug
I've been using Zaino Bros. Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss for years. It provides the satin like shine that I like. It is long lasting and doesn't sling.
I've heard Zaino products are good. Maybe I should try it! How would you describe the finish? Too glossy? Too flat like natural looking?? Wet?? Any pictures?
Old 12-30-14, 07:26 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dojoman
I don't have any pictures but Tuf Shine is amazing product if you have spare time to prep. It's semi permanent tire shine, it will not fade after multiple car washes. I had to get this because typical silicon tire dressing will stain Ultra White paint. It does take a lot of prep work to remove existing silicon coating from tires otherwise it will not stick.
I've never heard about this stuff. You're right, typical silicon dressings will stain any color, but more noticeable in White. Does it give a wet look or a natural flat look?
Old 12-30-14, 07:58 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
I've heard Zaino products are good. Maybe I should try it! How would you describe the finish? Too glossy? Too flat like natural looking?? Wet?? Any pictures?
This isn't the best picture, but you can get an idea of the shine. It's not a super wet look, but has a nice gloss.

Last edited by doodlebug; 12-30-14 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-30-14, 08:18 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

This isn't the best picture, but you can get an idea of the shine. It's not a super wet look, but has a nice gloss.
I like it! It actually looks better than what I use! More gloss too
Old 12-30-14, 10:02 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had really good results/experience with Armor All's Extreme Tire Shine Gel. I realize not everyone likes products containing silicone, I previously had some really bad experiences with other "big-name/well known" brands myself, but this one has actually delivered on its promises - things like no drying/cracking/browning and being long lasting. Anyway, below are some pics...

Old 12-30-14, 10:28 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

^^^^ the sling is the worst part. I might try this one. Nothing is worst than getting out and seeing tire shine splattered all over the sides.
Old 12-31-14, 04:42 PM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use smart products smart dressing leaves it super shiny. Its water based. Its raining in san diego otherwise id go put some on and snap a pic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What tire dressing do you use? Post pictures of your tires