IS250 F-Sport AWD - 2 weeks old - My review

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-15, 06:14 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by halfnyce07
I had an '08 AWD 2IS, test drove a 350 F-Sport RWD and was immediately sold
I don't doubt it! I felt in love in too when I test drove it! So sad I couldn't afford an IS350
Old 01-27-15, 06:15 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sdotk
3IS has the most comfortable seats ever! Love the lumbar support too. Everyone always compliments how comfy my seats are.
I love them seats every morning that I seat on them! So comfy
Old 01-27-15, 06:18 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by theoryguy3
I drove in the snow, was passing the snow plows trucks without any problems. A snow plow driver even asked me what kind of Audi I had when I was at red light, when I said it was a Lexus he was completely shocked.The AWD lived up to the hype for it's 2nd winter.
Me too! Had a blast today with the AWD! Made it through every street like a champ That's funny how the snow plow guy thought it was an Audi - Let me guess, and old man I was told by a man in his 50s coming out of the grocery store, "That's a nice car". Then he looked back again and saw the Lexus logo and he smiled
Old 01-27-15, 07:21 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
Hello CL community,

After 2 weeks of ownership, I wanted to post my own review of the IS250 F-Sport AWD. This is a comparison against the 2IS ( '06 250 AWD).

Fuel consumption: much better on the '15 than '06 even though 3IS runs AWD all the time (there's no way to turn it off as in the 2IS 3-mode button.

Performance: Even though same engine is still used in the 3IS, the '15 is faster and more responsive. Maybe is the drivetrain???

Shifting: 3IS is definitely quicker when shifting and more responsive. Sometimes, it feels like a CVT transmission.

Seats: more comfortable in 3IS than 2IS. Took it for a long drive (New Rochelle, NY) and I was so comfortable driving With the 2IS, my legs and back would be hurting a bit

Radio: better sound and clearer in the 3IS. Although I didn't get ML, the factory equipment is pretty good. And before someone asks, speakers were fine in the 2IS, nothing wrong with them!

Tires / Road noise: Road noise definitely less loud in 3IS. 2IS had the recommended tires by Lexus dealer (Goodrich Eagle GT) and road noise was terrible. I had less noise road with the 20's Nankang tires than the factory set!

I have yet to try the AWD when we get some snow on the ground! That should be exciting! I will post more reviews of other things about the car as I experience them.

Enjoy your 3IS' s

Agree with your review, especially the improved throttle responsiveness in the 3IS 250. Other improvements:

Interior room
Rear folding seats
The handling: nimbleness + body roll
Squeaks and rattles were a problem in the 2IS center HVAC and console area. 3IS is rock solid.

Negatives:
Only one: some cheaper plastics in the lower dash and door panels.
Old 01-27-15, 08:42 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Agree with your review, especially the improved throttle responsiveness in the 3IS 250. Other improvements:

Interior room
Rear folding seats
The handling: nimbleness + body roll
Squeaks and rattles were a problem in the 2IS center HVAC and console area. 3IS is rock solid.

Negatives:
Only one: some cheaper plastics in the lower dash and door panels.
+1 the rear folding seats and handling are definitely better in 3IS than 2IS. I like my 2014 IS better than my old 06' IS.

The cheaper plastic in lower dash is fixed in 2015 3IS. The material is soft touch but you can tell it is of higher quality and has better abrasion resistance. And it has flakes showing all the time vs the flakes in 14' lower dash only shows when the sun hits.
Old 01-27-15, 08:55 PM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
Me too! Had a blast today with the AWD! Made it through every street like a champ That's funny how the snow plow guy thought it was an Audi - Let me guess, and old man I was told by a man in his 50s coming out of the grocery store, "That's a nice car". Then he looked back again and saw the Lexus logo and he smiled
Yup, definitely an older guy - say 60's said he was looking for something to replace his Ford truck. As soon as he said that the old Audi commercial started playing in my head

Old 01-28-15, 06:33 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by theoryguy3
Yup, definitely an older guy - say 60's said he was looking for something to replace his Ford truck. As soon as he said that the old Audi commercial started playing in my head

Audi quattro® TV Commercial - "Ahab" (60s) - YouTube
LOL The video is so appropriate for him