Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! That's great news!
Old 02-18-15, 08:18 PM
proview3r
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How hard is it to install something like this
Amazon.com : Infinity Basslink 200-Watt, Dual 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer System (Black) : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Infinity Basslink 200-Watt, Dual 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer System (Black) : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics
to an 3IS with ML ? (or without ML) ?
Old 02-19-15, 01:48 AM
Ecko508
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hifisoundconnection.com is a great source to get audio stuff I've been using them for years! Always have the best prices! But I've been happy with my stock stereo no need for subwoofers........yet
Old 02-19-15, 01:14 PM
Loe
Pole Position

It's not a difficult task. This was my first time installing a powered subwoofer unit and it was simple.
Old 02-19-15, 01:43 PM
Ecko508
Driver

It's easy the hardest part is getting through the firewall. The LOC is so easy to install with an existing factory subwoofer.
Old 02-19-15, 06:59 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by proview3r
How hard is it to install something like this Amazon.com : Infinity Basslink 200-Watt, Dual 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer System (Black) : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics to an 3IS with ML ? (or without ML) ?
I heard it blows pretty quickly. I actually bought one as a gift but he hasn't installed it yet!!! I would just get a JL w0 and a JL JX amp if you want something with decent bass,
Old 02-23-15, 11:14 AM
jeeper2269
Pole Position

Can definitely tell the difference when you tap into the stock sub line with the lc2.

Sometimes the sub doesn't play certain bass lines. Sometimes it's also a little bit delayed. It's not terrible, but noticeable.

I'm also thinking that the processor distributes a little more power to the front speakers too. Which is great for what I was shooting for.

Another thing to note.. If you plug your phone into the USB port in the center console, the bass is twice as loud as using Bluetooth. Some music sounds better plugged in, some sounds worse.

The new enclosure setup is actually so loud that it shakes a lot stuff inside and sounds bad at times. Not really sure that dynamat would fix it.
Old 02-23-15, 09:41 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

You're probably experiencing bass run off. adjust the accubass. The thing I don't like about plugging into the usb port is it gets cut off sometimes if the bluetooth is on. There should be a recall or something!!! A couple of posts about it.

Dynamat will help a lot but gets pricey. I have a JL and it sounds just right. clean bass and no need for dynamat!

Originally Posted by jeeper2269
Can definitely tell the difference when you tap into the stock sub line with the lc2.

Sometimes the sub doesn't play certain bass lines. Sometimes it's also a little bit delayed. It's not terrible, but noticeable.

I'm also thinking that the processor distributes a little more power to the front speakers too. Which is great for what I was shooting for.

Another thing to note.. If you plug your phone into the USB port in the center console, the bass is twice as loud as using Bluetooth. Some music sounds better plugged in, some sounds worse.

The new enclosure setup is actually so loud that it shakes a lot stuff inside and sounds bad at times. Not really sure that dynamat would fix it.

Last edited by Jbreezie; 02-24-15 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-23-15, 11:51 PM
proview3r
Rookie

How did you hook the turn on wire for the amp?
Old 02-24-15, 04:00 AM
Loe
Pole Position

The bassline delay is an LC2i thing, I have the same issue and it reduces dramatically when turn off the GTO feature and hook up your own remote-in line.
Old 02-24-15, 07:23 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Stay tuned guys ..... I'm gonna be doing a custom trunk setup with Memphis audio all around including my accuair set up , so more to come , if you wanna see my progress follow me on Instagram @erickf8276
Old 02-24-15, 08:19 PM
jeeper2269
Pole Position

I don't know what a "GTO" is
Old 02-25-15, 12:28 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

That's the automatic remote in the lc2i. Doesn't need a power source to turn on but since you're having problems, might have to use a remote.

I don't know what a "GTO" is
Old 02-25-15, 01:09 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

seeing all these setups are making me drool. i really needa clean up my trunk.
Old 03-12-15, 12:04 AM
proview3r
Rookie

How easy is it to tap into the acc wire for amp turn on?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket subwoofer setup?