IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Brand new is350 keyed today by some *******...

Old 12-13-14, 07:46 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh god I would had lost it right then and there. This is why I always keep an eye on cars following me into parking lots.
Old 12-15-14, 04:51 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sinuspain
Not exactly sure who would do this but most likely this guy that was mad at me for passing him cause he was going 10mph.
And if thats the case, depending HOW you went around him, you earned this.

Never pull some kind of BS, and then leave your car alone.

However, look at this way. You can get your door fixed, and then you can see about getting the entire car rebuffed to fix all those swirls and clear coat cuts you've put into it!

It was on this day...that a life lesson was learned.
Old 12-15-14, 05:46 AM
Akrkwk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://jihoshop.com/index.php/cars-a...ideos-8gb.html

Get one of these
Old 12-15-14, 07:11 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
And if thats the case, depending HOW you went around him, you earned this.

Never pull some kind of BS, and then leave your car alone.

However, look at this way. You can get your door fixed, and then you can see about getting the entire car rebuffed to fix all those swirls and clear coat cuts you've put into it!

It was on this day...that a life lesson was learned.
I think BS is pretty relative. I had a guy cut me off, brake check me, and flip me off on Saturday. Because of the brake check, I didn't have room to stop, so I went around him on the right and merged back in rather than hit the guy, which in CA is my fault no matter what the guy did. This dude lost it. He came up along side and was yelling and flipping me off. I saw a chance to make a quick right where I knew the guy couldn't and I took it. This dude turned around and came back for me, but he was out of the game due to traffic. I didn't start **** with this guy or egg him on. He probably would have keyed my car if he had found it parked somewhere. So what is the life lesson? Just put up with **** from people?
Old 12-15-14, 08:13 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by link13
I think BS is pretty relative. I had a guy cut me off, brake check me, and flip me off on Saturday. Because of the brake check, I didn't have room to stop, so I went around him on the right and merged back in rather than hit the guy, which in CA is my fault no matter what the guy did. This dude lost it. He came up along side and was yelling and flipping me off. I saw a chance to make a quick right where I knew the guy couldn't and I took it. This dude turned around and came back for me, but he was out of the game due to traffic. I didn't start **** with this guy or egg him on. He probably would have keyed my car if he had found it parked somewhere. So what is the life lesson? Just put up with **** from people?
To have someone do what you describe, its not a random event. You did something to upset that person. Whether you considered it a no-nevermind, that person obviously didn't.

The life lesson here is self preservation. You do what you must to protect what you own. If the OP pissed this person off, it was his job to protect his car and make sure he didn't leave it in a vulnerable position.
Old 12-15-14, 08:48 AM
link13
Lead Lap

To have someone do what you describe, its not a random event. You did something to upset that person. Whether you considered it a no-nevermind, that person obviously didn't.

The life lesson here is self preservation. You do what you must to protect what you own. If the OP pissed this person off, it was his job to protect his car and make sure he didn't leave it in a vulnerable position.
I drove and the guy came up in the right turn lane, cut me off, and brake checked me. I was not even in the same group of traffic as this guy until he did this. I think he realized very late that he was in a right turn only lane and that it had nothing to do with me personally. That said, maybe he just didn't like the fact I am driving an IS with red 19" wheels on it and he is driving a POS '03 Camry. I decided I did not want to deal with this ***** all the way down the road to the freeway I was taking home, so I took a quick right turn and got the hell away from him.

You may be a reasonable person and would not do what this guy did without provocation. I am that way too. A lot of people are not, though. Not everything is a life lesson. Some people are just *** holes.
Old 12-15-14, 09:55 AM
seojo
Driver School Candidate

Default cops

call cops and have them look at security cameras of the parking lot. maybe you can catch the ******?
Old 12-15-14, 10:11 AM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I drove and the guy came up in the right turn lane, cut me off, and brake checked me. I was not even in the same group of traffic as this guy until he did this. I think he realized very late that he was in a right turn only lane and that it had nothing to do with me personally. That said, maybe he just didn't like the fact I am driving an IS with red 19" wheels on it and he is driving a POS '03 Camry. I decided I did not want to deal with this ***** all the way down the road to the freeway I was taking home, so I took a quick right turn and got the hell away from him.

You may be a reasonable person and would not do what this guy did without provocation. I am that way too. A lot of people are not, though. Not everything is a life lesson. Some people are just *** holes.
Swacer you're funny Sir. There is no life lesson here. This is 2014, which is a time of "Who cares, Who gives a ****, and jealous people with road rage.
Old 12-15-14, 10:27 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PAPI007
Swacer you're funny Sir. There is no life lesson here. This is 2014, which is a time of "Who cares, Who gives a ****, and jealous people with road rage.
I can agree with you on part. People are rather pathetic these days. We are in a time where people feel that "avoiding eye contact" when doing an discourteous driving maneuver negates any accountability.

But I don't agree with you on all. I have a real nice car (I've had people lean out of their car windows to take pictures of my car), and I don't have these "jealous people with road rage" appear.

Last edited by Swacer; 12-15-14 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-15-14, 12:16 PM
link13
Lead Lap

I can agree with you on part. People are rather pathetic these days. We are in a time where people feel that "avoiding eye contact" when doing an discourteous driving maneuver negates any accountability.

But I don't agree with you on all. I have a real nice car (I've had people lean out of their car windows to take pictures of my car), and I don't have these "jealous people with road rage" appear.
I have had people take photos too. Here in SoCal, aggressive *** hole driving is commonplace. The Camry *** hat probably would have done the same to someone else had they been in that position at the traffic light. I really don't think what he did to me was personal, but I did **** him off when he sat there after the light turned green and I went around him on the right.
Old 12-15-14, 03:23 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The Toltec Four Agreements are:

1. Be Impeccable with your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don’t Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don’t Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
Old 12-16-14, 10:43 AM
waxy
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about your loss, what part of CA is this in so I can spread the word.

Invest in a blackvue for event shots, it'll activate with motion within the vicinity.
Old 12-17-14, 09:13 AM
3ivato
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Karma is a ***** Bro..Stay up!!!!The Ahole will get his down the road. .