IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Post your gift from dealer when you purchase 3IS

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-14, 05:20 PM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Akrkwk
Not to bash you but most of dealerships here offer home delivery service on a towing truck
I posted this as a joke mostly...what I really meant was that I didn't get jack crap. I think the Graduate discount ate up all the freebies.
Old 12-09-14, 05:25 PM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderwuf
Thanks. That's good to know. You got some pretty nice gifts from your dealer. How did you ask them? Not sure the dealerships around this area are as generous...
I told my salesperson that I wanted something to sweeten the deal. I told him that I was interviewing him to see if he wants to earn my business. Always remember you have the upper hand and you hold the power. He then asked me what I would like. I then told him to close the deal today I wanted them to throw in a $100 gas card and touch up paint. The keychains, bottled water, and gift certificate was something they normally give. I then walked by a glass case with nice gifts inside and I told my salesperson that I wanted to sign my paperwork with the nice pen that was inside the case. Lets just say that he never asked for it back.
Old 12-09-14, 05:39 PM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
Not to be a party crasher, but for the dealer, the more given usually means the more gotten. As we all know, nothing is free, as no dealer (or any business for that matter) is in business to give freebies to someone who just margined them (this means selling a car close to what they (the dealer) paid for it). And before you flame back stating you got a great deal AND freebies, just know there are holdbacks, kickbacks, turnbacks, volume and association incentives, rebates and coops that impact what the dealer pays for a vehicle that have nothing to do with MSRP or “invoice” price that the end buyer nor true car will ever know about.

In the end, it’s all about how you feel walking out the door at the end of the transaction.
I got my 14 IS350 CPO with 8,000 miles on it. Fully Loaded out the door including Tax, Tag, Title for $35,229 with 0.9% Interest rate. Originally they offered $39,985 Out the Door. I declined! Then I came back with a final offer on 10-31-14 they accepted. I picked up the car that afternoon. I felt great walking out! Got an awesome deal and a lot of great gifts.
Old 12-09-14, 05:50 PM
dashmer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a set of stemless lexus wine glasses. Very nice quality.
Old 12-09-14, 06:12 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

100$ voucher at the Lexus Boutique http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/owners/lexus-boutique

I usually get a combination of a cap, travel mug, shirt, and/or a wind breaker.
Old 12-10-14, 06:25 PM
mrtriad
Rookie

I got all weather mats and 2 key fob covers..
Old 12-11-14, 06:44 AM
threefiddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a bottle of cheap red wine. :/
Old 12-11-14, 07:54 AM
FrOHiKE
Driver

Wish I would've talked the dealer into throwing in all weather mats
Old 12-11-14, 10:13 AM
IS1911
Driver

I got a set of all weather floor mats, a neat little velvet lined box with two keychains and a pen and also both my keys were presented to me with the leather covers on them. I still consider the IS 350 itself to be the best "gift". So far I have been very happy with this car.
Old 12-11-14, 11:44 AM
Lost808
Pole Position

Got them to throw in free maint, paint/interior protection, and dent repair/forgiveness for free. Mine is a lease, so maybe they were just trying to ensure the car comes back in good condition for re-sell.....
Old 12-11-14, 07:06 PM
ChiroBLD
Driver School Candidate

What about new vs used? On my new IS350 years ago I got what the OP got, mug and hat plus 2 key chains and key fob gloves.

Since then, on my CPO’d cars, an RX350 I got a blanket and all weather floor mats and with my ISF that I flew across the country to another province to drive home, I paid through the nose for their extended warranty and even the handshake wasn’t all that hearty… thanks!
Old 12-12-14, 09:17 AM
lapdrn
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LONGO LEXUS
NONE. We ask for gift , he told us they gave us big discount already.
Old 12-12-14, 09:30 AM
oddseth
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus Gifts

Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria gave me a trunk cargo net, wheel locks, and "sporty" key gloves that I think I have already lost because I hate key gloves. The salesman was also supposed to get me rubber floor mats but they fired him before he was able to get his hands on any.

But the real gift was the nearly extreme discount they were willing to give me
Old 12-12-14, 09:53 AM
Thunderwuf
Driver

Originally Posted by lapdrn
LONGO LEXUS
I may be going there soon too, so I guess that's what I should be expecting. Discount is definitely the best gift. Who did you work with there?
Old 12-12-14, 10:13 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lapdrn
LONGO LEXUS
Longo here as well, but I totally forgot to ask about gifts. Makes me feel a bit better

Quick Reply: Post your gift from dealer when you purchase 3IS