Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Key FOB Remote won't unlock the doors

Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM   #1
JulieJ
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Key FOB Remote won't unlock the doors

I have a 2014 Lexus IS250 that is only 10 months old and my key FOB isn't unlocking the doors. I've tried using both keys. I don't think the batteries are dead since the power light still works on both keys, and they are not even a year old. Not to mention it would be very coincidental that both keys would die at the same exact time.
Ideas? I need to get to work but don't want to get there and not be able to lock my car.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
JulieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM   #2
JCWong
Rookie

Sorry Julie, haven't seen situations like this to provide you a quick solution before you work. but I wonder does it start your car? or does it say key not detected?
I haven't experienced this with my 3IS nor my little older CT yet, but mum's RX had message on cluster when key fob battery is running low before it even stopped working! or if something's wrong with pairing the key fob to the car, "key not detected" error message will show and you won't be able to start the car.
call the 1800 Lexus help number, hope they can help more than me! >.<
JCWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #3
JCWong
Rookie

mind you you can also pull the physical key out from the fob to manually lock and unlock the car in the traditional way for the time being until you find out why, that's if you can start and run the car now.
Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM   #4
JulieJ
Driver School Candidate

Thanks JC. I wouldn't know if the key would start my car since I can't get in. Although I have had that problem before and I know you can hold the key to the start button to start it.
on my 2011 IS, the car usually told me when the key batteries were going low before they actually died altogether.
I'd assume my 2014 would do the same.
Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM   #5
JulieJ
Driver School Candidate

Do you know how to use the physical key to get into the car? my car manuals are in the car. From what I'm reading people say I need to pop something off under the handle? what tools do I need to do this and should I be prepared for a small piece to go flying once it pops off?
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM   #6
JCWong
Rookie

mine just has a key hole slot on my driver door handle but I'm not sure if it's the same on the US model, then just pull the key out from your key fob

Click the image to open in full size.
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #7
ancpratt
Driver School Candidate

Julie,

It really sounds to me that the batteries in both of your fobs are dead or going dead. There's a high chance that the dealership inserted stale batteries into your fobs before you purchased your car. Also, can you clarify what you mean by "the power light still works on both keys"? There shouldn't be any type of light indicator on the fobs when the batteries are good. However, when the batteries start to deplete, you'll start to see a little red light that will flicker on the fob. That's designed to warn you the battery is getting low.

I would highly suggest replacing the button cell batteries in each fob just to rule them out. I'm betting that your car will open instantly/properly as soon as you replace the batteries.

Let us know how you make out.
ancpratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:52 AM