IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Picked up 3IS (comments on heated seats, comparison to 2IS, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-14, 08:33 AM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Picked up 3IS (comments on heated seats, comparison to 2IS, etc.

Hey guys, I picked up my 2015 IS350 F-Sport last Saturday and I'm enjoying about 95% of the car. I picked the car up from my dealership and made sure to inspect it carefully before leaving. There were some minor scratch marks (no doubt from the dealer car wash) so I asked the dealership to buff them out before I left. Also got a free umbrella as a gift .

The driving feel in the 3IS feels so much better then the 2011 IS350 I drove for the past year. In the 2IS, my body would sway whenever i made a sharp turn, partly because the 2011 IS350 felt really stiff. In the 3IS, everything feels more smooth and stable. I can make a sharp turn without my body making that uncomfortable leaning motion.

The audio system I thought sucked at first compared to the 2IS, but after playing with the sound settings I managed to make it sound as good as the 2IS.

And the seat heaters? Not so good. It's 20-30 degrees Fahrenheit here in Chicago and I can barely feel them. The heat is there, but it's not like "Oh there's heat coming out of the seats". It's more like "Oh, it felt like someone was sitting here before me." The 2011 IS350 leather seats also didnt heat up that well either. I think it's only the IS line up that has problems with seat heaters.

Hopefully this answers some people's questions about the seat heaters, or the 3IS in general.

Also I forgot to mention the ventilated seats and heated steering wheel. Ventilated seats are works great, its strong and my butt/back are cooled. I'm looking forward to using them in the summer. Steering wheel feels nice and warm, not too hot but just right. It's addicting and you'll never want to take your hands of the steering wheel.

Last edited by RoiteTrom; 11-21-14 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-21-14, 09:13 AM
FPerform
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
Hey guys, I picked up my 2015 IS350 F-Sport last Saturday and I'm enjoying about 95% of the car. I picked the car up from my dealership and made sure to inspect it carefully before leaving. There were some minor scratch marks (no doubt from the dealer car wash) so I asked the dealership to buff them out before I left. Also got a free umbrella as a gift .

The driving feel in the 3IS feels so much better then the 2011 IS350 I drove for the past year. In the 2IS, my body would sway whenever i made a sharp turn, partly because the 2011 IS350 felt really stiff. In the 3IS, everything feels more smooth and stable. I can make a sharp turn without my body making that uncomfortable leaning motion.

The audio system I thought sucked at first compared to the 2IS, but after playing with the sound settings I managed to make it sound as good as the 2IS.

And the seat heaters? Not so good. It's 20-30 degrees Fahrenheit here in Chicago and I can barely feel them. The heat is there, but it's not like "Oh there's heat coming out of the seats". It's more like "Oh, it felt like someone was sitting here before me." The 2011 IS350 leather seats also didnt heat up that well either. I think it's only the IS line up that has problems with seat heaters.

Hopefully this answers some people's questions about the seat heaters, or the 3IS in general.
My exact thoughts on the heated seats and the ventilated seats for that matter. I hear Lexus may fix the issue when you take it for maintenance, I'm definitely going to ask about that.
Old 11-21-14, 09:24 AM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FPerform
My exact thoughts on the heated seats and the ventilated seats for that matter. I hear Lexus may fix the issue when you take it for maintenance, I'm definitely going to ask about that.
If that's true, then I'm looking forward to it!