IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Is350 f sport awd comparison

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-14, 03:07 PM
Sexus99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is350 f sport awd comparison

In no ways am I a car expert, but I would consider myself a car enthusiast. Now that I have put a few thousand miles on my new 2015 is350 awd f-sport I will give you my comparison thoughts compared to my 2009 infiniti g37x and my 2012 Acura TL sh-awd advance.

Infiniti g37x: this car was pretty damn quick in a straight line. It had the 7speed auto which I felt was perfectly geared for this motor. First 2 gears were short and definetely pulled the motor to the 7500 rpm redline. The motor was coarse and felt unrefined when up top. It didn't sound like it wanted to be up there. The 7-speed tranny was slow in manual mode, and was extremely quirky! I would get the famous "flare" from second to third every time the car was driven, stopped for about 30 mins, then driven again. It was extremely embarrassing to say the least when people were in the car and noticed it. I even had the car tsb done and it helped a bit but didn't fix it completely. The quality of the interior was nice, but I had to go in twice for rattles which were fixed. The awd system was great in the summer. It felt like a rear wheel drive car and you could feel it pushing through the corners. I would say it was the least effective in the snow though. It took me a while to get use to the rear wheel drive bias. It would fish tail and become pretty hairy until the stability control kicked in, but sometimes that was too late. All in all, I enjoyed the car

Acura TL sh-awd: this 2012 had the famous beak redone to a much more conservative stance. I thought the exterior looked great....some would disagree. The 6 speed auto was definately much more preside when ****ting compared to the infiniti. The manual mode was definetely quicker to shift too. I loved the size of the interior. It felt more spacious than all 3 cars, except for the truck. The truck was hindered by the awd system which I believe gave it the least cubic feet. The interior was well layer out, but I felt there was an overwhelming abundance of buttons. The quality of the interior also felt more luxurious and i felt it had used better quality than the infiniti. There was two things that were golden on this car. The motor and the awd system. The 3.7 liter was absolutely a delight to rev. This motor was the smoothest creamiest motor I have ever driven. Even up top, the motor felt so refined and buttery smooth. The awd system was fantastic. It didn't feel like the Infiniti did, as it didn't have that pushing through the corner feeling. It did feel pretty cool though when the rear outside tire wanted to oversteer the car when pushed to the limits. This system too was hands down the winner in the snow. The car did have the most ground clearance, but the system plowed through everything i fed at it, plus it never got hairy in the turns. My wife would feel comfortable driving this one, where she would never touch the Infiniti in the snow.

Lexus is350 awd f-sport: i feel that the interior is the nicest of all three, but there were a few things that were disappointing. The cup holders are in a terrible spot, and the damn car doesn't have memory seats. The quality in my opinion are the best of the three, and so was the fit and finish. I don't have any rattles yet, but I will report back after more mileage is put on. The lexus has a very nice motor too, but doesn't feel nearly as refined and buttery smooth as the acura. It is much better than the Infiniti though. Up top it gets a little noisy. This car is deffinately the best car through the twisties. It doesn't feel bloated (acura), and it feels very planted especially in sport plus mode. I would also say that from my butt dyno, the Lexus was quicker than the acura but slower than the Infiniti. The awd system to me feels like it's 50/50 all the time. I don't get the push(infiniti) or the pull (acura). We had our first snowfall too, and the car was exception in the snow. The exterior subjective between the 3, but I feel that the lexus wins hands down. I had more compliments in the first month than the other two combined when I had them.

In short, I would say all three cars deffinately jave their pluses and minuses. These 3 cars are all fantastic, and you would not go wrong when purchasing any of them. I know that I'm comparing cars that are 6 years different, but the Lexus in my opinion is the best overall winner. The car isn't the best at anything besides the quality, but it does everything very well. It's the best over balance of luxury and sportiness than all 3. In closing, I have the biggest smile on my face every time I hit the start button.....I could not say that in the other two cars.
Old 11-14-14, 07:06 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexus99
In no ways am I a car expert, but I would consider myself a car enthusiast. Now that I have put a few thousand miles on my new 2015 is350 awd f-sport I will give you my comparison thoughts compared to my 2009 infiniti g37x and my 2012 Acura TL sh-awd advance.

Infiniti g37x: this car was pretty damn quick in a straight line. It had the 7speed auto which I felt was perfectly geared for this motor. First 2 gears were short and definetely pulled the motor to the 7500 rpm redline. The motor was coarse and felt unrefined when up top. It didn't sound like it wanted to be up there. The 7-speed tranny was slow in manual mode, and was extremely quirky! I would get the famous "flare" from second to third every time the car was driven, stopped for about 30 mins, then driven again. It was extremely embarrassing to say the least when people were in the car and noticed it. I even had the car tsb done and it helped a bit but didn't fix it completely. The quality of the interior was nice, but I had to go in twice for rattles which were fixed. The awd system was great in the summer. It felt like a rear wheel drive car and you could feel it pushing through the corners. I would say it was the least effective in the snow though. It took me a while to get use to the rear wheel drive bias. It would fish tail and become pretty hairy until the stability control kicked in, but sometimes that was too late. All in all, I enjoyed the car

Acura TL sh-awd: this 2012 had the famous beak redone to a much more conservative stance. I thought the exterior looked great....some would disagree. The 6 speed auto was definately much more preside when ****ting compared to the infiniti. The manual mode was definetely quicker to shift too. I loved the size of the interior. It felt more spacious than all 3 cars, except for the truck. The truck was hindered by the awd system which I believe gave it the least cubic feet. The interior was well layer out, but I felt there was an overwhelming abundance of buttons. The quality of the interior also felt more luxurious and i felt it had used better quality than the infiniti. There was two things that were golden on this car. The motor and the awd system. The 3.7 liter was absolutely a delight to rev. This motor was the smoothest creamiest motor I have ever driven. Even up top, the motor felt so refined and buttery smooth. The awd system was fantastic. It didn't feel like the Infiniti did, as it didn't have that pushing through the corner feeling. It did feel pretty cool though when the rear outside tire wanted to oversteer the car when pushed to the limits. This system too was hands down the winner in the snow. The car did have the most ground clearance, but the system plowed through everything i fed at it, plus it never got hairy in the turns. My wife would feel comfortable driving this one, where she would never touch the Infiniti in the snow.

Lexus is350 awd f-sport: i feel that the interior is the nicest of all three, but there were a few things that were disappointing. The cup holders are in a terrible spot, and the damn car doesn't have memory seats. The quality in my opinion are the best of the three, and so was the fit and finish. I don't have any rattles yet, but I will report back after more mileage is put on. The lexus has a very nice motor too, but doesn't feel nearly as refined and buttery smooth as the acura. It is much better than the Infiniti though. Up top it gets a little noisy. This car is deffinately the best car through the twisties. It doesn't feel bloated (acura), and it feels very planted especially in sport plus mode. I would also say that from my butt dyno, the Lexus was quicker than the acura but slower than the Infiniti. The awd system to me feels like it's 50/50 all the time. I don't get the push(infiniti) or the pull (acura). We had our first snowfall too, and the car was exception in the snow. The exterior subjective between the 3, but I feel that the lexus wins hands down. I had more compliments in the first month than the other two combined when I had them.

In short, I would say all three cars deffinately jave their pluses and minuses. These 3 cars are all fantastic, and you would not go wrong when purchasing any of them. I know that I'm comparing cars that are 6 years different, but the Lexus in my opinion is the best overall winner. The car isn't the best at anything besides the quality, but it does everything very well. It's the best over balance of luxury and sportiness than all 3. In closing, I have the biggest smile on my face every time I hit the start button.....I could not say that in the other two cars.
I agree with you. Lexus is the winner by its looks. Infiniti though is the fastest devil! My father also had an '09 G37X and that thing was rabbit fast when pushed hard, not to mention that the G37X has a few more ponies than the IS350. Specific to the TL, my uncle had an '10 Technology Pkg with SH-AWD and it was pretty good. He leased it and loved it so much he ended up keeping it. He now drives a '14 GS350 F-Sport. Hopefully, you continue enjoying the Lexus every time you push the start button