Search this Thread

Old 11-12-14, 10:31 PM
BlackLexEs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enform remote start

Hey all,

2015 is250 f sport here in Chicago.

I notice with my Enform Remote start, the car only stays on 8 minutes. Any way to change that?

Also, if the car is started with Enform, and when I unlock the car with remote and open door, or just touch handle for it to unlock on its own, the car turns off. Security feature, but then I have to turn it on again. Any way to change this also?
Old 11-12-14, 10:44 PM
dlwlsgks85
Rookie

no...........
Old 11-13-14, 05:09 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you might be able to reprogram the length of time at the dealership. as for the turn off feature, nope, every standard manufacture auto start system does that. the only way to not have it shut off is to get an aftermarket one that has that feature
Old 11-13-14, 10:25 AM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The car should stay on for 10 mins...not sure how you got 8. I also do not think there is a way to change the time frame based on the FAQ section of the enform app. The FAQ also states the car will shut off if the doors are opened, brake is pressed or gear is switched from park. You have to restart the car w/ the key to be able to drive it. This is a security feature that cannot be changed (unless you go aftermarket as AdvanSLF stated).
Old 11-14-14, 11:15 AM
sdotk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats the point of remote start if the car shuts off when you open the door to get in?
Old 11-14-14, 11:20 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by sdotk
whats the point of remote start if the car shuts off when you open the door to get in?
Mainly to expedite your climate control heating or cooling.
Old 11-14-14, 02:12 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sdotk
And to warm the engine up so you can get in and go.
Old 11-14-14, 02:15 PM
dlwlsgks85
Rookie

It turns on the defroster and heater automatically..!!
Old 11-15-14, 08:52 AM
BlackLexEs
Driver School Candidate

thanks guys. not sure how its 8 minutes either, this is a brand new car.

also, i noticed the steering wheel heater does not stay on when enabled before shutting the car off and then using remote start. seat heaters work great.

love this app. first year is free, then its I believe $240/year. totally worth it.
Old 11-15-14, 09:03 PM
boriii
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to set mine up tomorrow and see if I can find anything.
Old 11-16-14, 12:53 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
you might be able to reprogram the length of time at the dealership. as for the turn off feature, nope, every standard manufacture auto start system does that. the only way to not have it shut off is to get an aftermarket one that has that feature
Originally Posted by nixx621
The car should stay on for 10 mins...not sure how you got 8. I also do not think there is a way to change the time frame based on the FAQ section of the enform app. The FAQ also states the car will shut off if the doors are opened, brake is pressed or gear is switched from park. You have to restart the car w/ the key to be able to drive it. This is a security feature that cannot be changed (unless you go aftermarket as AdvanSLF stated).
Which aftermarket remotes will allow a Lexus to be able to NOT shutoff when you open the door? I haven't came across any. For example, the Viper remote start/alarm does the exact same thing.

Thanks in advance,

~ Im2bz2p345

P.S. - I don't understand why manufacturers force the car to shutoff if you open the doors by saying it's for "security reasons." It completely kills the point of having remote restate if you have to start the car TWICE (once with the keyfob & once manually using the "push start" as you always have to). Instead, they should make it so that the car remains on unless you're not within XX feet of the car. If the car senses that the key fob has separated distance from the owner, it should auto shut off. That makes a whole lot more logical sense to me.
Old 11-16-14, 11:52 AM
BlackLexEs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Which aftermarket remotes will allow a Lexus to be able to NOT shutoff when you open the door? I haven't came across any. For example, the Viper remote start/alarm does the exact same thing.

Thanks in advance,

~ Im2bz2p345

P.S. - I don't understand why manufacturers force the car to shutoff if you open the doors by saying it's for "security reasons." It completely kills the point of having remote restate if you have to start the car TWICE (once with the keyfob & once manually using the "push start" as you always have to). Instead, they should make it so that the car remains on unless you're not within XX feet of the car. If the car senses that the key fob has separated distance from the owner, it should auto shut off. That makes a whole lot more logical sense to me.
i agree. seems counter intuitive. if someone somehow got into my car without the key on them, and hit the brake to try and drive, it would shut the car off. however if i have my key in my pocket, it should know its me the car owner and the car should stay on, ready to go!
Old 11-20-14, 06:23 PM
BlackLexEs
Driver School Candidate

another new discovery today

when i use the remote start, the temp in the car gets set to 72 degrees, even though i set it much higher before shutting it off the night before. i tested this a few days in a row. same thing each day. 72 degrees.

am i going crazy?
Old 11-20-14, 06:44 PM
4WDrift
Rookie

Originally Posted by BlackLexEs
another new discovery today
when i use the remote start, the temp in the car gets set to 72 degrees, even though i set it much higher before shutting it off the night before. i tested this a few days in a row. same thing each day. 72 degrees.
am i going crazy?
I read it's programmed that way, either warming or cooling to 72* depending on actual.
Old 11-21-14, 08:27 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

How do you get the enform remote start?

Quick Reply: Enform remote start