IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

December to Remember - Lease Deals Question

Old 11-07-14, 11:30 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default December to Remember - Lease Deals Question

Hi guys,

So I walked in to my local Lexus dealer and had a quick chat with my salesman. He then ran some numbers for me to show me their December to Remember lease deals. I was given a MF of .000105. Does this sound reasonable for the "supposedly" December to Remember event? I thought I had seen a lower MF (.00085) some time in August when they had a special event back then. Let me know your thoughts, guys. Also, I was discounted $2,000 of MSRP ($49 and change) for a '15 IS350 F-Sport AWD. Don't know if that's a good deal, but shoot me your thoughts.

Thanks guys
Old 11-07-14, 11:32 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Forgot to add, this is in New England (particularly Connecticut), so I don't know what others are getting for this event in other states. Perhaps, it's better in other areas of the country...
Old 11-07-14, 11:34 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

0.00085 > 0.000105

I'm going to assume that you meant 0.00105. That's what they initially gave me before I ran a credit check, then depending on your score, it goes up and down.
Old 11-07-14, 11:36 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by drbazing
0.00085 > 0.000105

I'm going to assume that you meant 0.00105. That's what they initially gave me before I ran a credit check, then depending on your score, it goes up and down.
True. Sorry. You're right! Really? They gave you that in CA??? Just curious cause CA is known for getting the best deals!
Old 11-07-14, 12:01 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They gave me 0.001 because my credit score was 1 level lower than the highest. I broke 700s though lol but not quite 720 yet. If I had the top tier they would have given me 0.00085. Plus they never knew about MSDs (yah right...). I came back the next weekend and they suddenly knew about MSDs. SMH
Old 11-07-14, 01:15 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
Hi guys,

So I walked in to my local Lexus dealer and had a quick chat with my salesman. He then ran some numbers for me to show me their December to Remember lease deals. I was given a MF of .000105. Does this sound reasonable for the "supposedly" December to Remember event? I thought I had seen a lower MF (.00085) some time in August when they had a special event back then. Let me know your thoughts, guys. Also, I was discounted $2,000 of MSRP ($49 and change) for a '15 IS350 F-Sport AWD. Don't know if that's a good deal, but shoot me your thoughts.

Thanks guys
I would not consider that a good deal but I'm in SoCal where we have numerous Lexus dealers who have to undercut each other to move vehicles off their lots. I'm not sure what your market is like in CT, but a $2k discount seems minimal. The money factor is not too out of line - will probably be around .00075-85 in the next 30-60 days. Get as many dealers as you can competing for your business - you will likely see more discount than what you've been offered.
Old 11-07-14, 03:17 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did better than that back in late Sept. Just an end of month push, not the Dec to Remember event. I think you can do better. It took me several weeks chatting with several dealers to finally work a deal I was comfortable with. Even then, I wasn't close to touching the deals they get out in CA. Part of the reason is we are pretty much limited to AWD cars here in the NE, thus higher sticker as a starting point than the RWD cars they have out in CA.
Old 11-07-14, 05:20 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The market is horrible in CT, I have 2 dealers 25 miles apart or so and after that its a hike to another one, and both dealers know it so dealing is hard to do around here. 2K off list is about average around here.

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
I would not consider that a good deal but I'm in SoCal where we have numerous Lexus dealers who have to undercut each other to move vehicles off their lots. I'm not sure what your market is like in CT, but a $2k discount seems minimal. The money factor is not too out of line - will probably be around .00075-85 in the next 30-60 days. Get as many dealers as you can competing for your business - you will likely see more discount than what you've been offered.
Old 11-07-14, 06:02 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by drbazing
They gave me 0.001 because my credit score was 1 level lower than the highest. I broke 700s though lol but not quite 720 yet. If I had the top tier they would have given me 0.00085. Plus they never knew about MSDs (yah right...). I came back the next weekend and they suddenly knew about MSDs. SMH
I got you! Same scenario here - my credit score is in 700s but not exactly 720. Also, the internet sales guy was playing games with me saying he didn't know what I meant by "MSDs". I laughed and he never sent me the requested quote. So stupid I was like you're in sales and you don't know what MSDs are - he should be fired pretty bad
Old 11-07-14, 06:03 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Yeah, that's what I was doing back in August. I guess that will be the way to go. I even went out of CT and requested quotes from dealers in NY. And yes, that 2000K off sticker price is nothing!
Old 11-07-14, 06:05 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Spagolli94
I did better than that back in late Sept. Just an end of month push, not the Dec to Remember event. I think you can do better. It took me several weeks chatting with several dealers to finally work a deal I was comfortable with. Even then, I wasn't close to touching the deals they get out in CA. Part of the reason is we are pretty much limited to AWD cars here in the NE, thus higher sticker as a starting point than the RWD cars they have out in CA.
Agree. I think I could do much better. I just need to go to another dealer. And yes, here in NE we are limited to AWD inventory. Thus, higher prices are expected.
Old 11-07-14, 06:11 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by toyotatom
The market is horrible in CT, I have 2 dealers 25 miles apart or so and after that its a hike to another one, and both dealers know it so dealing is hard to do around here. 2K off list is about average around here.
I agree, toyotatom. The market here is awful That's why one has to go the extra mile when shopping around for a new car. I have 1 dealer less than 2 miles away and 2 others less than 40 miles. Im in Southern CT. Where in CT are you?
Old 11-08-14, 05:09 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Im up in Somers, have one dealer in Western Mass and one in East Hartford.

Originally Posted by lexi90
I agree, toyotatom. The market here is awful That's why one has to go the extra mile when shopping around for a new car. I have 1 dealer less than 2 miles away and 2 others less than 40 miles. Im in Southern CT. Where in CT are you?
Old 11-09-14, 09:51 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by toyotatom
Im up in Somers, have one dealer in Western Mass and one in East Hartford.
I tried the one in East Hartford back in August. They never got back to me with a quote and then a few weeks later some girl emailed me saying that they missed my email I guess I'll try other dealers!
Old 11-09-14, 02:16 PM
DoggieDays
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called the dealer and got quoted the same MF of .00105. Surprisingly the residuals are higher. For 12K annual miles, 24mos .75 and 36 mos .65. Does anyone think if the MF will come down in the next few weeks? I'm not too worried, I would use MSD's to buy down? Newbie here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: December to Remember - Lease Deals Question