Simpler solution. Get a new wife.
"Simpler" solution.

Old 11-05-14, 06:12 PM
threefiddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drbazing
"Simpler" solution.

I am fairly sure the statement was jocular.
Old 11-05-14, 06:48 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look I bought my wife a fully loaded rx350 and curb the front right wheel the first two weeks and a week after the right rear. How about three months in she backs up into a stop sign and somehow lightly bump a riding lawn mower at my daughters school. Remember she has a rear camera so I dont understand her.

After buying my IS there is a rule in my house, do what ever you want but don't "touch" my car and move anything in my office. This eliminates all arguments. There is something I learned from my years of being married, don't attempt to understand women and simply accept it.
Old 11-05-14, 07:49 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is something I learned from my years of being married, don't attempt to understand women and simply accept it.
Bravo! U understand women perfectly!

Last edited by obturator; 11-08-14 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-05-14, 09:02 PM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So here is some background information. I had purchased this vehicle for the wife. I pretty much fell in love with it since day one i test drove it first thats all it took. I had a big diesel truck which i was making payments on which i wasnt even using. I have an older tundra which i used everyday. My wife saw the RX350 fsport and wanted that. I said no because i secretly wanted to take the IS home. She convinced me to trade in the big truck and get her the RX which i happily did so the IS became mine. After i confronted her about it she said sorry but that it wasnt that big of a deal the car was suppose to be hers anyway. Maybe she didnt get the hint that the car meant a lot to me when i was hand washing the car and applying wax everyweek when theoretically the car was hers. She wont let me spend money on new rims right now because she thinks the wheel doesnt look that bad. It looks really bad to me i try not to look when i walk past it. So yeah i pretty much made her feel as bad as i could so she could feel how i was feeling. She has been warned. She knows im all talk so i dont think she was very frightened.
Old 11-05-14, 09:38 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

there's way more to life than to keep worrying about a scratched rim, and especially not to keep making her feel bad about it. Yes it sucks, but life goes on
Old 11-06-14, 02:03 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steveo55
So here is some background information. I had purchased this vehicle for the wife. I pretty much fell in love with it since day one i test drove it first thats all it took. I had a big diesel truck which i was making payments on which i wasnt even using. I have an older tundra which i used everyday. My wife saw the RX350 fsport and wanted that. I said no because i secretly wanted to take the IS home. She convinced me to trade in the big truck and get her the RX which i happily did so the IS became mine. After i confronted her about it she said sorry but that it wasnt that big of a deal the car was suppose to be hers anyway. Maybe she didnt get the hint that the car meant a lot to me when i was hand washing the car and applying wax everyweek when theoretically the car was hers. She wont let me spend money on new rims right now because she thinks the wheel doesnt look that bad. It looks really bad to me i try not to look when i walk past it. So yeah i pretty much made her feel as bad as i could so she could feel how i was feeling. She has been warned. She knows im all talk so i dont think she was very frightened.
I doubt you need a new rim - you can probably just get it repaired.
Old 11-07-14, 04:55 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

Wow, I'm definitely not feeling the love around here for women in general.

I think it has less to do with being a woman and more to do with the fact that many people just don't pay enough attention. I am someone's wife and I have never curb rashed a wheel in my entire life.

It's funny, the worst drivers with the most accidents/incidents that I have known have all been men, but whatever.

To the OP, you could most likely have the wheel repaired rather than getting it replaced.
Old 11-07-14, 06:13 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

maybe teach her how to drive a car like this? Have to take corners with curbs a little wider just to be on the safe side. Also should back into a spot to avoid smacking the front bumper on the curb pulling into far. Parking with the backup camera will be a lot easier than guessing if youre going to smack the front. Backing into a space is safer and easier than backing out when you have to leave.
Old 11-07-14, 11:35 AM
threefiddy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tC2IS350

I think it has less to do with being a woman and more to do with the fact that many people just don't pay enough attention. I am someone's wife and I have never curb rashed a wheel in my entire life.

It's funny, the worst drivers with the most accidents/incidents that I have known have all been men, but whatever.

To the OP, you could most likely have the wheel repaired rather than getting it replaced.
+1 to this.
Old 11-08-14, 11:38 AM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. I'm kind of surprised at how angry/upset/protective/vindictive some people are over their cars. Cars come and go, but a wife is (or should be) forever. That gives her priority in my book, even if/when things go wrong. It's not like they're doing it on purpose, or need to be trained like a child.
Old 11-09-14, 02:40 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,541 Likes on 1,731 Posts

I agree that women tend to get a bad wrap when it comes to cars and that is quite unfortunate. Like most have said, there are more important things in life than a car, and for anyone who has had a close call with death, they'll understand that. That being said, if one really feels attached to their vehicle (like I am), just limit who drives it (smile). Your hubby is lucky to have a wife who is a car enthusiast...

Originally Posted by threefiddy
+1 to this.
+2

Originally Posted by SlangBlade
I agree. I'm kind of surprised at how angry/upset/protective/vindictive some people are over their cars. Cars come and go, but a wife is (or should be) forever. That gives her priority in my book, even if/when things go wrong. It's not like they're doing it on purpose, or need to be trained like a child.
While I agree that cars are not everything to everyone, but lets accept that we are all different and while I agree that in theory, a car can't bring the love and overall happiness a wife brings, there are some wives that cheat on their husband or verbally/emotially abuse them too.....so all things equal, I agree with you though.
Old 11-09-14, 07:12 PM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

I don't even know why I'm saying this here , but last winter I curbed my wife's (thankfully replica, cheap) winter wheel. I'm usually a more careful driver than her, and I pay close attention to curbs, but that time there was 1 foot of snow, and for some reason I wasn't cautious! I called myself names...
Even though she's a huge car enthusiast (just like me), she was totally understanding. Thank God it was a winter wheel.

Last edited by Aeromotive; 11-09-14 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-09-14, 08:29 PM
tnguyen88
Driver School Candidate

Good excuse to buy new rims