IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

[PICTURES]First One To Crash 2015 Lexus IS250 F-Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-14, 06:13 PM
aritweets
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down [PICTURES]First One To Crash 2015 Lexus IS250 F-Sport?

First off, before I begin...I am posting this to share my story...don't comment with any witty comments or stupidity.

I had the 2014 Lexus IS 250 in White, base of the base because I couldn't afford the F-Sport at the time (in 2013). So I went to the dealer and they were giving me a great incentive since my 2014 was really under miles.

Late August, I traded my 2014 IS 250 for a 2015 Lexus IS250 F-Sport Nebula Gray/Rioja.
[27 month lease, $500 Down @ $466/month (including tax)]

I ABSOLUTELY love this car, but unfortunately 9 days into my lease I hydroplaned, yes it rained in Los Angeles early morning, about 5 Mondays ago, into a guard rail

The pictures speak more than a thousand words.

2014 LEXUS IS250 (Traded In)

2015 LEXUS IS 250 F-SPORT (Fresh Off The Lot

Right Off The Freeway (After Accident)

Body Shop Repair (Update 1)

2014 LEXUS IS250 (Update 2)

I can't wait to get my baby back this week or early next week. Definitely learned from this

Total Invoice: $17,000+/-

NEXT MODS: RS-R Super Down Springs & 25mm Wheel Spacers

Old 10-29-14, 10:06 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Sorry to see that my friend!Doesnt incurance company cover this?If you change the hole front bumper including the front grills and grill suround perhaps you want to sell me the old ones if it's in good condition?if you are interested please let me know?

Last edited by bitkahuna; 10-29-14 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-29-14, 10:15 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry to hear about your mishap - hang in there - it could happen to any of us - hopefully the insurance will cover most of the cost to lessen the sting.

One advantage of a lease is that as long as the shop does a decent job on the repair, you have the option to just return the vehicle at the end of the term and won't have to deal with diminished value on a trade.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-29-14, 11:09 PM
aritweets
Driver

I will keep you posted! I told the guy at the body shop to save any emblems he would throw away with the body parts as well as the entire left headlight assembly kit.

I will see if I can take the body parts with me.
Old 10-29-14, 11:10 PM
aritweets
Driver

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Sorry to hear about your mishap - hang in there - it could happen to any of us - hopefully the insurance will cover most of the cost to lessen the sting.

One advantage of a lease is that as long as the shop does a decent job on the repair, you have the option to just return the vehicle at the end of the term and won't have to deal with diminished value on a trade.

Yeah, insurance is definitely covering it all. My deductible is $1000 and since I had made a claim within 30 days of my policy its 2x

Sucks, I just want my baby back.
Old 10-30-14, 01:17 AM
jeffyffej
Driver School Candidate

Damn sorry this happened. Where in LA and which Body Shop did you take the car to?
Old 10-30-14, 03:28 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Damn that sucks but nobody can really do anything once they hydroplan your basically in it for the ride until stop or hit something. Good thing none of the airbags went off.
Old 10-30-14, 04:49 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

Yuck, how disappointing. Sorry that happened to you, but I hope everything gets taken care of quickly. I actually just picked up my 2015 because someone totaled my other car. So the crap that comes along with a car accident is all fresh in my brain and I know how much it sucks. Glad you weren't hurt
Old 10-30-14, 06:51 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not fun, feel for you...
Old 10-30-14, 09:13 AM
aritweets
Driver

Originally Posted by bgaerttner

Originally Posted by jeffyffej
Damn sorry this happened. Where in LA and which Body Shop did you take the car to?

It was on the Pass Ave freeway entrance to get onto 134FWY East
Old 10-30-14, 09:14 AM
aritweets
Driver

Originally Posted by tC2IS350
Yuck, how disappointing. Sorry that happened to you, but I hope everything gets taken care of quickly. I actually just picked up my 2015 because someone totaled my other car. So the crap that comes along with a car accident is all fresh in my brain and I know how much it sucks. Glad you weren't hurt
How bad was yours? Glad you're okay/alive

I ride motorcycles too, April 5, 2012, someone hit me on the freeway and that memory will always be fresh in my head no matter how much time has passed.
Old 10-30-14, 09:46 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

Originally Posted by aritweets
How bad was yours? Glad you're okay/alive

I ride motorcycles too, April 5, 2012, someone hit me on the freeway and that memory will always be fresh in my head no matter how much time has passed.
I was in a first gen scion tC and he was in a full size pickup truck, so it was pretty smashed up. I was going straight through an intersection and I think he totally didn't see me or just didn't look, and he made a lefthand turn into my driver's side. The car was crushed, but it kept me safe.
Old 10-30-14, 12:46 PM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just yesterday I decided to quickly scoot through a yellow light at an intersection when the car next to me braked for the yellow. This led to the oncoming Ford F150 making a left had turn end up right in front of me as I hit the accelerator on my IS350 FSport. Either I was going really fast or the F150 braked slightly but we missed by inches. I remember thinking in the moment, that I was more concerned about the car than my body haha.
Old 10-30-14, 01:32 PM
ApexSilver
Driver School Candidate

Dang that sucks...How fast where you going? Wondering whats the weight difference between the is350 f and 250 f? About 200 pounds? Comparing rwd to rwd? Just wondering cause I'll let my wife know to be careful in her 350 if its wet out.
Old 10-30-14, 01:37 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ughg, that sucks. For what it's worth, I rear-ended somebody in my A4 when it was only 2-days old. A month later, I had it back, good as new, and never had a single mechanical issue related to the accident. I remember, at the time, it felt like such a disaster. I was so upset. I'm sure you feel the same way. But in the end, it turned out fine and even if it hadn't, it's just a car. And the important thing is you're okay. Cars can be fixed. People on the other hand...

Quick Reply: [PICTURES]First One To Crash 2015 Lexus IS250 F-Sport?