IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

How much for installing power tilt steering column?

Old 10-21-14, 04:52 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default How much for installing power tilt steering column?

Unfortunately, it looks like Lexus will not be adding power tilt and telescopic steering wheel to AWD models anytime soon (for the same reason they won't add memory seats to F-Sport models, the pricing).

I was wondering does anyone know or maybe guess how much it would cost to have the dealership add power tilt? How much trouble is it? Does it take a long time? I can't find any information on the internet.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-14, 05:56 PM
akshunj
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you in the US? My AWD 350 has power tilt and telescope.
Old 10-21-14, 09:48 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by akshunj
Are you in the US? My AWD 350 has power tilt and telescope.
Yes I am in the U.S. And sorry, I forgot to mention these questions are meant for F-Sport models haha. AWD F-Sports can't have power tilt steering column.
Old 10-22-14, 08:20 AM
JustNoize
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
Yes I am in the U.S. And sorry, I forgot to mention these questions are meant for F-Sport models haha. AWD F-Sports can't have power tilt steering column.
This is very Annoying i would like to have it on my awd fsport 350 as well
Old 10-22-14, 08:33 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I have F-sport non AWD and I have power tilt. If you have VGRS option, which is variable gear ratio steering power tilt is included.
Old 10-22-14, 12:31 PM
JustNoize
Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman
I have F-sport non AWD and I have power tilt. If you have VGRS option, which is variable gear ratio steering power tilt is included.
VGRS is not available on AWD only RWD .. Some BS.. IMHO

While were at it... I can't stand that us AWD Fsporters don't have power folding mirrors reverse mirror tilt or memory seating {only available on luxury along with rain sensing wipers}[heated and cooled seats heated steering wheel or remote start (not for 2014)]as well in a $50,000 car I'd also like smart key entry from all 4 doors as opposed to only the front 2 and a front camera while I'm complaining
Old 10-22-14, 06:20 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

I talked to a technician and he said it might cost several thousands.. don't know how much but i was hoping someone who works with cars could give me a good estimate.
Old 10-22-14, 06:22 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JustNoize
VGRS is not available on AWD only RWD .. Some BS.. IMHO

While were at it... I can't stand that us AWD Fsporters don't have power folding mirrors reverse mirror tilt or memory seating {only available on luxury along with rain sensing wipers}[heated and cooled seats heated steering wheel or remote start (not for 2014)]as well in a $50,000 car I'd also like smart key entry from all 4 doors as opposed to only the front 2 and a front camera while I'm complaining
It wasn't until I started looking into buying the car seriously that I found out why Lexus limited the options on F-Sports. Here in Chicago, Lexus IS-350 F-Sport with the navigation package plus tax cost 55 grand. If Lexus gave us the option to add rain sensing wipers, power tilt, and memory seats, the price would go into GS territory (and probably hurt GS sales?).
Old 10-24-14, 01:18 PM
JustNoize
Driver

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
It wasn't until I started looking into buying the car seriously that I found out why Lexus limited the options on F-Sports. Here in Chicago, Lexus IS-350 F-Sport with the navigation package plus tax cost 55 grand. If Lexus gave us the option to add rain sensing wipers, power tilt, and memory seats, the price would go into GS territory (and probably hurt GS sales?).
true but i still want it w
Old 03-21-15, 11:11 AM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am seriously heart broken when i found out that there was an option for power tilt column in the rwd and i didnt get it. I thought it wasnt avaible in the f sport version so just wrote it off.
I always loved that feeling when you turn off the car and the steering wheel goes up by itself.
It has it on my 95 ls but doesnt have it 20 years later such BS.

I could care less about the vgrs but want the power column. Will it still cost 400 dollars plus labor to add in on the RWD models?
Old 03-21-15, 12:25 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sexis350
I am seriously heart broken when i found out that there was an option for power tilt column in the rwd and i didnt get it. I thought it wasnt avaible in the f sport version so just wrote it off.
I always loved that feeling when you turn off the car and the steering wheel goes up by itself.
It has it on my 95 ls but doesnt have it 20 years later such BS.

I could care less about the vgrs but want the power column. Will it still cost 400 dollars plus labor to add in on the RWD models?
I'm pretty sure the power column comes with the VGRS at $400. So you can't have it seperate.
Also, if the car didn't come with power column from the dealership, then it's not worth it to have it done after you bought the car. I talked to my dealership and they said it would cost several thousand to install it.
Old 03-21-15, 04:33 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

It's a very cheap option if a car comes with it but adding to the one without is not worth it. I was told most MY15 don't even come with it anymore.
Old 03-21-15, 06:35 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
It's a very cheap option if a car comes with it but adding to the one without is not worth it. I was told most MY15 don't even come with it anymore.
I'm glad I don't have it. What a silly reason to add more cost, weight, and complexity to a car.

The folding mirrors that some whine-about are even worse.