IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Getting an IS250 - Your favorite color and why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-14, 01:29 PM
LetsDoThis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting an IS250 - Your favorite color and why?

I have the option of about any color I want on a 2015 IS250 and I get it next week.

Problem is I can not decide...lol, They all look pretty good.

I know black is toughest to keep clean, but I was wondering any plusses and minuses with Atomic silver, Metallic Silver or Grey.

I definitely will be tinting the windows on the car.If it matters, I am a guy. Prior car was white, so I want to make a change. I clean my car, but am not a detail fanatic who does it all the time.

Suggestions?
Old 10-10-14, 03:25 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think the white looks the sharpest, but I didn't get it. As much as I like it, I can't picture myself in a white car for whatever reason. Might be just a bit too flashy for me.

I really like the silver, but it was hard to find silver with Rioja seats.

I ended up getting the Nebula with Rioja and am really happy with it. It tends to look a bit flatter in pictures, but in person it's beautiful.

My previous car was black and I didn't want another black car. Too hard to keep clean and every little imperfection really shows. Also, I think the IS looks a little flat in black because the dramatic grill blends in with the paint color.

Just my .02. You really can't go wrong with any of the colors.
Old 10-10-14, 07:48 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Wife's Nebula Gray RX stays outside 24/7 while being driven much more than my IS. It holds up much better against dirt than my USB IS which is mostly parked indoors.

In short, speaking from experience, Nebula Grays hides dirt really well and would be my vote.
Old 10-10-14, 07:55 PM
IS1911
Driver

When it comes to cars, coffee, guns and women the only color for me is black.
Old 10-11-14, 08:49 AM
Thetalk
Driver School Candidate

I just bought a nebula grey IS with black interior a couple weeks ago. My initial impression was that it showed dirt very fast. I have come to realize that is not actually the case, it actually looks good even after a week or two post car wash. I really like the color.

If I could go back though, I would have gone for a more contrasting interior color. There is absolutely no contrast between the gray exterior and the black interior. Other than that I am very happy.
Old 10-11-14, 11:41 AM
ISISGUY
Rookie

I have obsidian, nothing like it when it's freshly washed but there's definitely a lot of maintenance that comes with it. I had a matador red mica as a loaner a few moths back, not for me but I did think it was a gorgeous color to see in person. I can't see myself driving a red car but my gf loved it.
Old 10-11-14, 11:45 AM
Loe
Pole Position

I would love a USB over Flaxen if it even exists.
Old 10-11-14, 12:09 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

i really like starfire pearl, although i totally don't like ultra white at all. the latter seems dull, if that makes sense.

i also like matador red mica because the color has been, well, strikingly well done and surprisingly uncommon.
Old 10-11-14, 12:29 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's cuz sfp has more depth than uw due to 3 stage paint process. If u need something painted sfp, it'll cost u a little more.
Old 10-11-14, 12:40 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by obturator
That's cuz sfp has more depth than uw due to 3 stage paint process. If u need something painted sfp, it'll cost u a little more.
yep. my 2IS was SFP, although my 3IS is MRM.

and yeah, getting anything painted SFP is going to be just a bit more pricey and a whole lot more difficult to match.
Old 10-11-14, 03:22 PM
LetsDoThis
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone for the input. I went with atomic silver and black interior. I love it!
Old 10-12-14, 11:32 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by LetsDoThis
Thanks everyone for the input. I went with atomic silver and black interior. I love it!
Congrats! Closure is a sweet thing.
Old 10-12-14, 11:40 AM
Loe
Pole Position

Atomic Silver is a wonderful color (though hard to get its depth in pictures)! Congrats!
Old 10-12-14, 11:46 AM
BlackLexEs
Driver School Candidate

obsidian with rioja seats. mmMMm
Old 10-12-14, 11:55 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Thetalk
I just bought a nebula grey IS with black interior a couple weeks ago. My initial impression was that it showed dirt very fast. I have come to realize that is not actually the case, it actually looks good even after a week or two post car wash. I really like the color.

If I could go back though, I would have gone for a more contrasting interior color. There is absolutely no contrast between the gray exterior and the black interior. Other than that I am very happy.
I agree on both counts. First, Nebula hides the dirt pretty well. Second, Nebula looks great with a contrasting color like Rioja.

But, I would think Atomic Silver might hide the road dirt even better. I wash my wife's silver car when i was mine. Hers always seems to appear cleaner longer. I would also think Atomic over Rioja would be just outstanding!

Quick Reply: Getting an IS250 - Your favorite color and why?