IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

CQuartz Finest Coating Detail

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-14, 06:07 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Hermes
Zach, would you prefer CQuarts over any other similar product? My nearest retailer is 3 hours away, and It's not much of an option.
I do really like the CQuartz line of products, and am clearly an authorized Finest installer because I am very impressed with the product and consider it a true premium product in the detailing world.

Just to be clear - there are several different products from CarPro all with the name CQuartz. CQuartz Finest is an exclusive, professional only product that offers a thicker, superior layer of protection along with a 2 year warranty, and obviously comes at a premium price.

CQuartz UK & CQuartz are 2 other coatings that are available to consumers, and are offered by professionals at a lower price point than the more exclusive products due to the lower product cost and slightly less time required to apply these consumer coatings.

These coatings provide considerably superior protection compared to traditional waxes & sealants, so do not see them as a sub-par product just because Finest is a premium product. Each of these coatings will provide incredible protection, excellent gloss, and ease of maintenance.... Finest will simply excel. With that being said, I encourage anyone to work with your own personal budget and discuss these options with the CQuartz Installer near you to determine what is best for you, your budget, and your needs. In all honesty, you cannot go wrong with any of them.

Aside from CarPro's CQuartz line, there are many other coating products offered through reputable brands as well. If you'd like more info on products such as 22ple VX1 Pro, or Optimum Gloss Coat, for instance... just let me know and I'll be happy to discuss.

Originally Posted by tea
is CQuartz that much better than Opticoat?
You'll hear arguments both ways between CQuartz Finest and Opti-Coat Pro... as an installer for each of them, I personally prefer CQuartz Finest, but in the attempt to provide an un-biased opinion, either product will provide excellent protection.

I prefer Finest because it is noticeably glossier and slicker feeling while Opti-Coat has a 'grabby' feel to it once it is cured on your paint.

-Zach
Old 10-28-14, 06:35 AM
textekvbal
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CQuartz Applied (Very Happy)

This was worth every penny spent. Amazing, even on white!
Attached Thumbnails CQuartz Finest Coating Detail-cquartz-1.jpg   CQuartz Finest Coating Detail-right-sunset-cquartz.jpg  
Old 10-28-14, 07:09 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks amazing
Old 10-28-14, 09:44 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by textekvbal
Steve did a great job... Looks great!
Old 02-06-15, 08:47 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by textekvbal
Looks amazing! I was looking for an UW with Cquartz Finest coated!!