IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

CQuartz Finest Coating Detail

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-14, 08:03 PM
textekvbal
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CQuartz Finest Coating Detail

Done a lot of research on detailing my car and coatings seem to be the way to go. Have my appt set for the 25th. Anyone on here had CQuartrz Finest put on their car? If so you you have before and after pics? If it was on an ultra white that would be even better!
Old 10-05-14, 06:29 AM
IS3F
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had it applied last month on my USB. I don't have pics handy though..
Old 10-05-14, 06:32 AM
mark1281
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by textekvbal
Done a lot of research on detailing my car and coatings seem to be the way to go. Have my appt set for the 25th. Anyone on here had CQuartrz Finest put on their car? If so you you have before and after pics? If it was on an ultra white that would be even better!
You really won't notice anything with cquartz finest applied. The detailed will go through and do a paint correction first and then prep the surface for cquartz. Once it's on, you won't really see anything different. Who are you having do this?
Old 10-05-14, 08:19 AM
alpha12
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mark1281
You really won't notice anything with cquartz finest applied. The detailed will go through and do a paint correction first and then prep the surface for cquartz. Once it's on, you won't really see anything different. Who are you having do this?
I was always under the impression cquartz finest has one of the highest levels of gloss and shine out of the available "permanently coatings".
Old 10-05-14, 11:59 AM
IS3F
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's my experience thus far.. When cleaned the car has a deep shine. I also used a little but of 'reload' which makes it a bit shinier. It's not noticeable at all but the car beads well and the dirt seems easier to rinse off.
Old 10-05-14, 02:59 PM
braddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cquartz coating freshly done... Deep gloss and shiny as hell!

Old 10-05-14, 05:11 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks pretty darn good to me...
Old 10-05-14, 05:32 PM
mark1281
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alpha12
I was always under the impression cquartz finest has one of the highest levels of gloss and shine out of the available "permanently coatings".
It is one of the best products that adds a micro layer on top of your paint. It can last up to two years if maintained properly
Old 10-06-14, 07:17 AM
textekvbal
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mark1281
The company's name is mirrorfinishautodetailing.com. The owners name is Steve. I spent about 20 mintues on the phone with him and was very impressed with him and the work he has done. WIll post pics later this month once it is complete. For someone like me who loves to keep a clean car but doesnt have all the time in the world i think this product will pay for itself over the next 2 years just in reagards to the time i will save in maintenance.
Old 10-06-14, 08:19 AM
NikonGuy
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To be cerfified, CarPro (manufacturer of CQuartz) only allows the most professional detailers to handle their prodcuts. So they just won't hand out their product to just any detailer out there. So you should be good.
Old 10-06-14, 08:51 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the car is going to be in the driveway most of its life (got two more expensive cars BMW&MB in the garage), including washes every 2 weeks, how long would it last? I'm still not sure if should pull the trigger on the CQuartz Finest.
Old 10-09-14, 11:54 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey guys, I am a licensed installer of CQuartz Finest and would be happy to answer any questions you may have (note: I am offering to answer questions, not trying to sell my services. I do not believe anyone is in my area anyway, but I just want to be clear that I am here to offer my opinions and facts regarding these products and other detailing information only as to not violate forum rules).... I spend most of my time on the 2IS forum & detailing sub-forum but occasionally jump over here to see if I can offer any advice/input and of course to check out the beautiful 3IS's

For starters - CQuartz Finest is a ceramic nano-coating that helps to provide a thick barrier between the environment and the surface of your paint. This sacrificial barrier helps to ensure contaminates such as bird poop, bug guts, etc are stopped before they reach your paint. As you may or may not know, bird poop & bug guts contain harmful acids that will eat right through paint in a very short period of time if it is not properly protected. Ceramic paint coatings offer much more chemical resistance and durability than traditional means of protection such as a polymer sealant or carnauba wax.

CQuartz Finest is one of the most exclusive paint coatings on the market due to CarPro's high standards for their installers. Only the best of the best are approved to install this product.

Before the coating is installed, each vehicle must undergo an extensive preparation process which includes a very thorough exterior cleaning & decontamination process to remove all surface dirt and contamination. Afterwards, the paint will be corrected to remove the majority of surface defects such as swirl marks and scratches. This will leave an optically clear and incredibly glossy finish. The paint is then prepped with CarPro Eraser to ensure there are no residual polishing oils that may interfere with the bonding of the coating to the paint. Finally, 2 thick coats of CQuartz Finest is applied to the paint and then left to cure for at least 24 hours. CQuartz Finest will enhance the gloss even further as the thick layer of product will harden to a smooth, incredibly clear finish.

Personally, the major selling points for using this coating on my own vehicles are as follows. The paint is incredibly easy to clean as the coating resists dirt very well. Due to the extremely hydrophobic properties of the coating, it is also very easy to dry the vehicle as most of the water sheets off during your final rinse (see videos below) Also, CQuartz Finest adds an additional 3 microns of material back to your paint after application. This may not seem relevant, but when your vehicle is polished/corrected paint is being removed. There is no way to physically add paint back to the surface other than repainting, so for someone who polishes their vehicles regularly, it is beneficial to know that my paint coating is adding back the majority of the material that is being removed. Now, there are many other awesome benefits, but those are my personal top 3 reasons for coating my vehicles with Finest.

CQuartz Finest is warranted for 2 years, however it can last longer with strict maintenance practices. For a daily driven vehicle, however, the reality is that you will most likely benefit from a proper detailing and polishing every 2-3 years at which point the coating would need to be reapplied if you choose.

Here are some videos of my personal vehicle and also a daily driven GT-R that were both coated ~12 months prior to filming these.

GT-R Beading 1 year after application

GT-R Sheeting 1 year after application

My car (shown dirty) beading after ~1 year after application

My Car sheeting ~1 year after application

-Zach McGovern
Old 10-09-14, 12:10 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

I wonder if this prevent rock chips from the highway?
Old 10-09-14, 12:21 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by PAVGR
I wonder if this prevent rock chips from the highway?
It certainly does not. That is not the intended purpose of these ceramic paint protection coatings. These are strictly a barrier to protect your paint from environmental contaminates, not from damage resulting from impact.

Clear bra is the only option to protect your paint from impact from flying debris.

-Zach
Old 10-10-14, 03:22 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How much does this typically cost? I'm sure it varies from detailer to detailer, but what's a general ballpark?

Quick Reply: CQuartz Finest Coating Detail