Will PPE Headers increase drone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-14, 11:24 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by daobn24
^^^wrong.

If you have the ARK full catback you no longer have the secondary cats from your stock exhaust system. If you install the PPE headers, this effectively eliminate the primary cats, therefore you will be running cat less (no cats).

Stock system: Primary cats ----secondary cats-----stock resonator----stock muffler
ARK catback system: Primary cats-----ARK system----ARK resonator------ARK muffler.
PPE and ARK system: PPE headers (no cats)------ARK pipes (no cats)----ARK resonator-----ARK muffler..
Never really looked into the product but if you say it is this way, this header is a race header. I'm assuming you have codes on?

Last edited by drbazing; 09-30-14 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-30-14, 01:18 PM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drbazing
Never really looked into the product but if you say it is this way, this header is a race header. I'm assuming you have codes on?
Previous comment was right I am not sure wtf I was so confused about, the way he explained it is correct. lol
Old 09-30-14, 02:09 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So since there will be no cats, how will that influence the sound of the car? Will that cause louder/more drone? Will that cause a raspy tone?
Old 09-30-14, 02:16 PM
daobn24
Pole Position

Really LOUD, not sure about drone. You'll probably will be the first one with the set-up. Here are some reference from the 2is.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...xus+is+350+ppe
Old 10-01-14, 09:20 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Ark full catback and i would assume changing out the headers to the PPE ones would make the car sound like it does upon coldstart...ALL THE TIME! maybe even a bit louder. Which i dont think i would mind. but dont fool yourself....the more performance you add the more luxury you take away. which is not a bad thing, just a choice you have to make...

DO IT!! i want to hear....
Old 10-01-14, 09:27 AM
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r0shiro
I have the Ark full catback and i would assume changing out the headers to the PPE ones would make the car sound like it does upon coldstart...ALL THE TIME! maybe even a bit louder. Which i dont think i would mind. but dont fool yourself....the more performance you add the more luxury you take away. which is not a bad thing, just a choice you have to make... DO IT!! i want to hear....
lmao you been quiet rosh
Old 10-01-14, 09:52 AM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by r0shiro
I have the Ark full catback and i would assume changing out the headers to the PPE ones would make the car sound like it does upon coldstart...ALL THE TIME! maybe even a bit louder. Which i dont think i would mind. but dont fool yourself....the more performance you add the more luxury you take away. which is not a bad thing, just a choice you have to make...

DO IT!! i want to hear....
If it's going to sound like cold start all the time then I probably wont buy them. That higher pitched noise will get old after a while.
Old 10-01-14, 11:42 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Personally what made you ask about the PPE Headers? Are you looking for more HP? If you get the Hi Flo Cats you wont be obnoxious loud. I opted to not because they would have needed to be welded into my cat back system which I wasnt crazy about doing. With that said cold starts with Joez/PPE setup is loud and raspy once your car settles it is loud but not rice loud, its deep tones. Im sure some members must have experience with the new 3is and PPE. I think member Juvi had the headers he may be able to give u some good info on the sound of them, i am just not sure if he had a full system or not to run with the headers. If your looking for gains and minimal noise just get the headers and weld in the cat
Old 10-01-14, 12:38 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

I was interested for more HP. I knew it would make the car louder (which I dont have a problem with), but I worry that it will be obnoxiously loud. Like Roshiro said, the more performance you add, the more luxury you take away. I talked with Juvi and based on what he said, I dont think he had the headers on with a full exhaust system installed.

Do the high flow cats decrease noise?
Old 10-01-14, 01:00 PM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

I will change the sound, when I had asked about the change in Loudness, some say it does but since its a hi flo cat it wouldnt really reduce the sound that much. But maybe enough for you to enjoy the gain in HP. Wondering if there are any members that have ppe with full system and high flo cats to give some input
Old 10-01-14, 02:33 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Are there pros and cons to having the headers installed with high flo cats as opposed to without high flo cats?
Old 10-01-14, 04:37 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would call Paul at PPE, he should be able to answer your questions.... at least all at once..
Old 10-02-14, 06:20 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NVMarkus
I would call Paul at PPE, he should be able to answer your questions.... at least all at once..
Randre I would go ahead and go with what he said Paul is a cool guy he will be able to answer every question.
Old 10-02-14, 06:34 AM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Sounds good. Thanks everybody!
Old 10-03-14, 07:09 AM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Tried to call PPE yesterday numerous times and couldn't get through to anyone

Quick Reply: Will PPE Headers increase drone?