IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

What product are you guys using to clean interior? seats and arm rest, door panels?

Old 09-29-14, 05:45 PM
Loe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a left over bottle of Leatherique that when diluted 50/50 with water, becomes an amazing cleaner/restoring system that leaves a true matte finish on dash surfaces.
Old 10-03-14, 05:59 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyElaine
I've used this on my rides for the last few years. Smells nice and doesn't leave that shiny residue on the leather or soft plastics. A nice matte finish

dang I luv car chics that know their stuff!!!!!
Old 10-03-14, 08:59 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I use Adam's Polishes Total Interior Detailer. It is mild, does not leave blots, is not glossy, and smells good. The smell also goes away quickly, which I like because my car still has some remaining new car smell.
Old 10-03-14, 09:18 AM
Thetalk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by link13
I use Adam's Polishes Total Interior Detailer. It is mild, does not leave blots, is not glossy, and smells good. The smell also goes away quickly, which I like because my car still has some remaining new car smell.
I just picked up my new IS 350 F Sport yesterday. The inside was dirty. Thanks for taking the time to clean my new car dealership lol. Armrest had some residue, a cloudy film covered the pleather on the dashboard, scuff marks on the seat base and door plastic.

First thing I did when I got home was wipe it all down with Adams interior detailer and a microfiber cloth. It worked very well. It actually looks like a new car now inside lol.

Very happy though with how Adams I.D. works on these surfaces and the armrest material. Some products work better than others on different plastics and vinyl surfaces. For example, Adams worked great on my old WRX interior, leaving no steaks and a perfect matte finish. However I don't like how it looks on my Tacoma's plastic. It looks uneven and blotchy for some reason with that plastic. FWIW I am very **** about this stuff, most people wouldn't notice the uneven blochyness I speak of lol.
Old 10-03-14, 10:50 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Thetalk
I just picked up my new IS 350 F Sport yesterday. The inside was dirty. Thanks for taking the time to clean my new car dealership lol. Armrest had some residue, a cloudy film covered the pleather on the dashboard, scuff marks on the seat base and door plastic.

First thing I did when I got home was wipe it all down with Adams interior detailer and a microfiber cloth. It worked very well. It actually looks like a new car now inside lol.

Very happy though with how Adams I.D. works on these surfaces and the armrest material. Some products work better than others on different plastics and vinyl surfaces. For example, Adams worked great on my old WRX interior, leaving no steaks and a perfect matte finish. However I don't like how it looks on my Tacoma's plastic. It looks uneven and blotchy for some reason with that plastic. FWIW I am very **** about this stuff, most people wouldn't notice the uneven blochyness I speak of lol.
I am pretty ****, too. When my car went to the dealer for the battery drain issue in August, three people from the dealer told me my car is clean and beautiful. I was kind of surprised because it was only 4 months old and I would expect a new car to be in pristine condition. People tell me I would be surprised what some people manage to do to their cars in a short time. Even my 20 year old GS is very, very clean.

Adam of Adam's polishes is a guy I've known for 38 years now. He was a detailer and had a business doing that when he was a young guy. He's known the tricks of doing a great detailing job and I know he was sick of having his hands smell like rubbing compound for days. He really does put a lot of thought and R&D into his products. I wonder if he has a recommendation for your Tacoma. I'll ask.
Old 10-03-14, 10:03 PM
Thetalk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by link13
I am pretty ****, too. When my car went to the dealer for the battery drain issue in August, three people from the dealer told me my car is clean and beautiful. I was kind of surprised because it was only 4 months old and I would expect a new car to be in pristine condition. People tell me I would be surprised what some people manage to do to their cars in a short time. Even my 20 year old GS is very, very clean.

Adam of Adam's polishes is a guy I've known for 38 years now. He was a detailer and had a business doing that when he was a young guy. He's known the tricks of doing a great detailing job and I know he was sick of having his hands smell like rubbing compound for days. He really does put a lot of thought and R&D into his products. I wonder if he has a recommendation for your Tacoma. I'll ask.
Yes it is very worth it in my opinion to keep a clean car. Come resale it pay dividends guaranteed. Not to mention you get to enjoy a car in like new condition during your full ownership with that car. Feels good enough for me to put the effort in myself, done right with quality products.

That's a crazy coincidence that you know Adam of Adam's polishes! I've bought a couple g's worth of his products and I must say they are all legit. From the car wash soap to the detail spray and all purpose cleaner. All work better than any competition I've tried and they smell great. No lie. Seen a bunch of his videos too, seems like a stand up kind of guy.

I bought the detail cart (love it) on his site and have it loaded with his products and microfiber cloths. His microfiber is THE highest quality I have ever seen. I credit his products and videos with my being able to recoup 24.5 of the 28 I paid for my 2012 Subie WRX with 20k miles. I even bought the Flex polisher on his site haha. Anxious to wash my brand new IS for the first time with my Adams gear lol.
Old 10-04-14, 10:44 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

i also use the aerospace 303 protectant as i did with my 2IS and it works well -- that, or 1z.
Old 10-04-14, 10:52 AM
ancpratt
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just use a Swiffer duster to get all of the dust and lint then keep it simple by using only warm water on a fresh, clean microfiber towel for general smudges on the door trim and the leather seats. I stay away from any kind of chemicals.
Old 10-04-14, 01:52 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ancpratt
I just use a Swiffer duster to get all of the dust and lint then keep it simple by using only warm water on a fresh, clean microfiber towel for general smudges on the door trim and the leather seats. I stay away from any kind of chemicals.
I keep a box of this in my trunk and one duster in my glove compartment. Best and easiest way to get rid of the dust !!

Originally Posted by bagwell
dang I luv car chics that know their stuff!!!!!
Looking over my shoulder ................. whoooo moi

Thanks !
Old 11-21-14, 09:59 AM
waleedj3is
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used Armor All leather cleaner and restorer. When i wiped it with a MF cloth, the seats left some red color on the cloth. Now i'm using water damped MF cloth.
Old 11-21-14, 02:40 PM
hades281
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the light grey nuluxe interior, so it is susceptible to denim dye transfer on the lower bolsters. To remove the denim dye, I clean the seats with Lexol ph-balanced leather cleaner. It's a very delicate cleaner and if its safe for leather it is definitely okay for nuluxe. I also don't go too long between cleanings; I don't want the denim dye to become difficult to remove.

As for the plastics, I use Meguiar's professional line #40 vinyl cleaner/protectant. It is UV-resistant and leaves a nice finish. 303 Aerospace is good too.
Old 11-21-14, 03:02 PM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use German professional products from Koch Chemie (supplier of Daimler), such as Top Star (for interior plastic), Leather Star and Glass Star. The cleaning and protecting effects are excellent, the application is easy and consumption is very low. The great products overall, definitely recommended, but not on the cheap side.

Last edited by Imprezario; 11-21-14 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-29-23, 11:10 PM
mariann
4th Gear

I use Koch Chemie products too. They work great and don’t have a strong smell.
Old 07-30-23, 07:44 PM
FisforFucGM
8th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

A damp microfiber cloth. Pour some water on the microfiber, wring it out good and wipe down anything you like in the interior. You can use another dry microfiber to follow behind if desired. I believe in only using product (cleaner/conditioners) if absolutely needed. If you choose to use a product, I like proven boutiques like one from Ammo NYC. When I do use something on leather/leatherette or fabric, I use a light spray/mist on the cloth not directly on material. Always test a product in an inconspicuous area like the bottom corner of the seat. I've seen products remove color from leathers as well as fabrics, that's why I stick to a damp microfiber.

Last edited by FisforFucGM; 07-30-23 at 07:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
arentz07 (07-31-23)
Old 07-31-23, 11:24 AM
mopudding
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I Second Formula 303

I've used 303 for years - not too glossy (extra wipe with microfibre to cut the gloss as desired); no petroleum. I avoid Armor All stuff for this reason.

Originally Posted by cFoo
I use 303 for the panels and dash. Just a warm damp microfiber cloth for the seats.

The following 2 users liked this post by mopudding:
Bechtold (07-31-23), jamesss711 (08-03-23)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What product are you guys using to clean interior? seats and arm rest, door panels?