IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus Bluetooth and the iPhone 6

Old 10-30-14, 03:30 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a bug with 8.1.. I tried both playing music via bluetooth or plugged into the USB and vocals are only coming from the right side. Is anyone else experiencing this? Please try and let me know.

I tried my wife's phone and she is still on 8.0.2 and it worked perfectly fine.
Old 10-30-14, 04:25 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine has been working perfectly, even with text notification
Old 10-30-14, 05:41 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

I finally got it the music to play on all the speakers. I have to reset and erase the whole phone. If I restore from the backup it just plays on the right speakers. So I know there is something in the configuration somewhere that is screwed up which I can't find. I am going to setup the phone from scratch and delete my old backups. Thanks guys for testing for me.
Old 11-10-14, 08:17 AM
hcbaggett
Driver School Candidate

My ATT iPhone 6 works fine with my 2014 LS 460. However the address book alphabetizes by first name on my car but my iPhone 6 address book is by last name. Is there a fix?
Old 11-10-14, 08:32 AM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hcbaggett
My ATT iPhone 6 works fine with my 2014 LS 460. However the address book alphabetizes by first name on my car but my iPhone 6 address book is by last name. Is there a fix?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember seeing a preference in the car's phone settings that allow you to select how to display your address book (last name or first name). I remember seeing something like that but can't remember where I was because there are so many menus.
Old 12-21-14, 01:02 PM
UscgRetDav
Driver School Candidate

Default 2015 RX350 and Iphone 6 plus - No reading of msgs

Can someone please help this grandma. I upgraded to iPhone 6 plus from iPhone 5. Everything works except the reading of my text messages. I've read the posts here and still can't figure out what I have done wrong. Everything from my 5 was transferred to my 6 and the 6 connected to car right away.

What have I done?
Old 12-21-14, 07:10 PM
Belex1
Driver School Candidate

Default Try this.

Originally Posted by UscgRetDav
Can someone please help this grandma. I upgraded to iPhone 6 plus from iPhone 5. Everything works except the reading of my text messages. I've read the posts here and still can't figure out what I have done wrong. Everything from my 5 was transferred to my 6 and the 6 connected to car right away.

What have I done?
On your iPhone,

1. click settings

2. Click Bluetooth

3. Then click on the blue (I) at the end of the Lexus IS tab

4. Then click show notifications.

That should do it.
Old 12-22-14, 04:25 AM
UscgRetDav
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for responding. Opps, I think I'm on the wrong page. I have a 2015 RX 350 and have done the steps mentioned above. It's all green. It didn't work.

It's weird, when a text msg comes in while I'm in the car - driving or not driving - it just vibrates. It won't even play the sound. Works fine in the house or elsewhere.

I'll try somemore things tonight. I just got the phone on the 20th and have the latest updates.

Someone mentioned signing out of iCloud. I'll try that tonight - I don't use it anyway.

Appreciate your time.
Old 12-22-14, 06:48 AM
GaryHE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UscgRetDav
Thank you for responding. Opps, I think I'm on the wrong page. I have a 2015 RX 350 and have done the steps mentioned above. It's all green. It didn't work.

It's weird, when a text msg comes in while I'm in the car - driving or not driving - it just vibrates. It won't even play the sound. Works fine in the house or elsewhere.

I'll try somemore things tonight. I just got the phone on the 20th and have the latest updates.

Someone mentioned signing out of iCloud. I'll try that tonight - I don't use it anyway.

Appreciate your time.
Something else to check:

On your iPhone, under "Settings">Notifications>Phone, ensure that "Allow Notifications", "Badge App Icon", and "Show on Lock Screen" are all enabled.Also, make sure that "Alert Style When Unlocked" is set to "Alerts"
Old 12-22-14, 01:20 PM
UscgRetDav
Driver School Candidate

I took off and closed out all the notifications I don't use, and I signed out of iCloud like someone said which I don't use anyway and guess what......IT WORKED!!

YOU all did it! Thank you so much. This retired DAV thanks you!
Old 01-13-15, 04:15 PM
Gordtex
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Pairing iPhone 6 With Bluetooth

I recently upgraded my old iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6. In the parking lot, leaving the Verizon store, I quickly paired my new phone to the car's bluetooth phone system. It went so easily I thought everything was okay. The next morning I tried to play my podcasts thru the audio system as I had with my older iPhone, but to my surprise, the audio system didn't recognize my new device. I went online to see what to do and found all kinds of nuclear options to get the phone to pair with the car. Like a dope, I tried most of them of the next couple of days. I even called the Lexus dealer, (according to whom, my 2010 RX450h is an "older" Lexus.) I also opened a chat with Apple support. All to no avail as each blamed the other for the problem.

In a funk, and after a martini, I went out to sit in the car and tried digging deeper into the car's system than I had ever had to. After blundering about for a bit, I happened upon the fix. And here it is for those of you who can get the iPhone to pair with the telephone portion but cannot access the entertainment/audio portion. Due the following in this order:

Go to Menu > Setup > Audio > Bluetooth Audio Settings > Bluetooth click on "Remove" ( At this point I turned OFF the phone's Bluetooth button, rebooted the phone and then turned ON the Bluetooth, but I don't think you need to do this.) > then click on "Register."

You should now be able to connect your iPhone 6. Good luck out there!
Old 02-03-15, 07:21 PM
tm123102
Driver School Candidate

Default The calling person's name does not show on the screen of my navigation system

Is there anyone having the same problem?

I can pair my iPhone 6 Plus to my Lexus RX 350 (Year 2011) but the name does not show on the screen when someone on my contact list calls me. However, my phone works on the new model (Year 2014) and iPhone 6 with AT&T works on my car (Year 2011). My carrier is T-Mobile.

The service lady of our local dealer concluded that iPhone 6 with T-Moblie does not function fully on the old model. But T-Mobile is the 4th largest cell phone carrier, I'm wondering if there is anyone else facing the same problem as I do. Could someone please help me out on this problem?
Old 02-20-15, 04:20 PM
goodrx350
Driver School Candidate

Using the instructions from Belex1 and GaryHE, I was able to get the car to read aloud incoming text messages. Thanks to both of them.

However, I am unable to reply using the canned text messages in the RX350. I get an error message as follows. Please let me know if this is because of any issue with settings. Hitting retry any number of times generates the same error message.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Bluetooth and the iPhone 6-img_0219.jpg  
Old 08-05-15, 06:25 AM
IS2015
Driver School Candidate

Hello,

Picked up a 2015 IS 250 AWD f-sport a few days ago. Love the car so far! Stumbled upon this forum after having some intermittent bluetooth issues. This forum has a wealth of information, so glad I found it

I'm having a slightly different bluetooth issue with iphone 5S on rogers LTE network in Ontario Canada. Once the bluetooth is paired with the car, I can stream music from apple music but it tends to turn on/off sporadically. On the phone screen, a little battery appears besides the bluetooth and it appears to be drained. (see attached photo). Could this be the reason? Has anyone else experienced this before?

Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Bluetooth and the iPhone 6-fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 11-23-15, 05:39 AM
Lisalough
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation Frustrated in CA

I purchased the new I phone 6S last week from Verizon here in northern Cal. I paired the phone with the car no problem. Phone works fine except names do not appear with an incoming call (on the car screen). Here is my biggest problem...I cannot get Pandora or Spotify through my car even though the phone works fine for dialing and receiving phone calls. When I click the Bluetooth icon to try to get Pandora, the screen reads "Bluetooth not connected". This is really frustrating seeing how my I phone 5 worked perfectly in my car. Does anybody have a solution? Verizon was no help at all thank you!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus Bluetooth and the iPhone 6