IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus Bluetooth and the iPhone 6

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-14, 12:52 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I simply deleted the old phone from Lexus. Created a new phone sync. No problems. I did have problems when trying to sync the new phone to the old sync and name. Gave the new phone a new name just to be safe.
Old 10-17-14, 04:45 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone gotten the Iphone 6 or 6 + text / sms to show up on the screen. That is the only issue I am having. Everything else is working perfectly. I have IOS 8.0 and have not upgraded yet 8.0.2 Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-14, 07:45 PM
IS1911
Driver

Originally Posted by kmanpete24
Has anyone gotten the Iphone 6 or 6 + text / sms to show up on the screen. That is the only issue I am having. Everything else is working perfectly. I have IOS 8.0 and have not upgraded yet 8.0.2 Your help is greatly appreciated.
While I can't answer that question specifically I can tell you that iOS 8.1 is due out this Monday (10-20-14) and is supposed to resolve the Bluetooth issues that people like myself have been experiencing with calls getting cut off. Since the system in our Lexus uses Bluetooth to display sms you may want to considering downloading the update on Monday and see if it makes a difference with your text messages.
Old 10-17-14, 08:11 PM
Fooz
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 6 with IOS 8.0.2 & no probs with SMS display.
Old 10-17-14, 10:03 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

Originally Posted by Fooz
I have a 6 with IOS 8.0.2 & no probs with SMS display.
Thanks. I updated to 8.0.2 and deleted the phone from the car. It is resync and working now.
Old 10-18-14, 07:45 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

my text messages werent working I will try it again...
Old 10-18-14, 08:59 AM
IS1911
Driver

Update: I found a temporary solution for those of us that are still having issues with Bluetooth calls. On your iPhone go to settings then iCloud. Sign out of iCloud reboot your iPhone then re-pair it with your car. You will now be able to make and receive phone calls without any issues. Of course this also means you won't be able to use the "find my phone" or any other features in iCloud but I'm guessing for most of us the ability to use the hands free system is more important than iCloud right now. Hopefully iOS 8.1 to be released this Monday will resolve all of the issues and we will be able to use the hands free system while remaining signed in to iCloud.
Old 10-18-14, 10:27 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

Originally Posted by NVMarkus
my text messages werent working I will try it again...
Once you repair your phone goto settings, Bluetooth, select the i next to the lexus is, and turn on show notifications.
Old 10-19-14, 05:41 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Once you repair your phone goto settings, Bluetooth, select the i next to the lexus is, and turn on show notifications.
Thank you I will do it this morning...
Old 10-20-14, 07:35 AM
jarabanos
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Supposedly iOS 8.1 which is being released later today has a bug fix that remedies Bluetooth pairing issues. Hopefully this helps people still having problems!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchow...in-the-update/
Old 10-20-14, 08:20 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Mine works great now... I just opened the show notifications and it is all good thank you kmanpete24!
Old 10-20-14, 01:46 PM
IS1911
Driver

RESOLVED! I started this thread and I am now happy to report that downloading and installing iOS 8.1 has resolved the issues I was experiencing. I am now able to remained signed in to iCloud and my phone calls remain connected.

After upgrading I re-paired my phone with the car just for the heck of it. The only minor issue I had after the upgrade was with my iPhone's Bluetooth music connection but this has been resolved now. When I first upgraded my iPhone to iOS 8.1 and selected Bluetooth music on my car's screen I was able to play all of my music perfectly but the screen showed a generic connection and didn't display the song's artist or name. I rebooted the system by holding in the left **** for several seconds and when it came back up the Bluetooth music screen worked as expected. I'm a happy camper!

Last edited by IS1911; 10-20-14 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-20-14, 03:10 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Okay, so now that OS 8.1 is out, am I safe to get a new iPhone? I switched to Android a few months ago and am itching to switch back. I know, I know. A lot of people think Android is better. But I'm so deeply entrenched in Apples ecosystem (photos, iTunes, Apple TV, etc.) that Android sucks for me and iOS just feels like home.
Old 10-20-14, 08:36 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

Originally Posted by Spagolli94
Okay, so now that OS 8.1 is out, am I safe to get a new iPhone? I switched to Android a few months ago and am itching to switch back. I know, I know. A lot of people think Android is better. But I'm so deeply entrenched in Apples ecosystem (photos, iTunes, Apple TV, etc.) that Android sucks for me and iOS just feels like home.
I work in the IT industry and love the androids for the ease to root and make modifications to the software. The question I came back to ask myself was, "whats the purpose and do i use it". The answer is NO. Because the ease to mod the android OS it is extremely vulnerable to hijacks and other vulnerabilities. My wife has always use an iphone and recently switched to a iphone 6 plus. I cannot be happier for the ease of use and quality of the IOS and ITunes. No more screen locks, waiting for software updates that takes forever from the carrier, and trying to find some third party software to manage my android through the computer (creating playlist and others). The only thing I miss is the back and menu buttons in android. I was going to say adding a microSD card, but since iphone6 has 128gb there's no need for that anymore.

Also in another note, I recently sold both my wife's iphone5 and my samsung s3 which I bought at the same time. Samsung sold for $100 and the iphone5 for $250. Again this is strictly my experience and everyone may have their own opinion on this matter.
Old 10-21-14, 07:48 PM
kasarap
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For some reason after I updated to 8.1 bluetooth would stop working after a few minutes. My iphone 6 worked with every update except for this recent one.

Quick Reply: Lexus Bluetooth and the iPhone 6