IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus Bluetooth and the iPhone 6

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-14, 02:54 PM
IS1911
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mnm27mnm
You see, should have got a Samsung. Lol jk. I have a Samsung S4 and the Bluetooth does the same thing with me. Do you have anything connected to the usb port? I have a usb drive connected and I forget to take it out and try it without the usb drive connected.
My refrigerator is a Samsung. I've been with Apple since the early 1990's (my first Mac was a IIsi) and was an early adopter of the iPod when it was released. I'm firmly invested in the Apple ecosystem and will likely stay with them for life. Nothing against Samsung or the Android OS, I'm certainly not going to bash them in any way.

I don't have anything connected to my USB ports. To be honest I'll probably never even use them since Bluetooth works well and is much more convenient. Now I'm looking forward to the day when Lexus will offer wireless charging in our cars and I don't think that will be that far off.

Apple will fix the Bluetooth issue with the release of iOS 8.1. It just sucks that I can't use my car's tech to its potential for another couple of weeks. I can't use the Lexus App Suite either since that requires using Bluetooth. Everything worked fine when I had my iPhone 5 but the temptation to upgrade to the iPhone 6 was too strong, especially with the $200 gift card offer from Verizon which made my upgrade free . . . well, almost . . . I had to buy a new Otterbox case for the 6 so the upgrade cost me $50.00.
Old 10-03-14, 02:56 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

iOS 8 is so far the buggiest of all. Never had any issues with previous iOS versions "it just works" but seems like Apple is on a downturn after Jobs.
Old 10-03-14, 06:27 PM
IS1911
Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman
iOS 8 is so far the buggiest of all. Never had any issues with previous iOS versions "it just works" but seems like Apple is on a downturn after Jobs.
Sadly, I must agree with you. Tim Cook is an excellent Chief Executive but he's no where near the visionary or demanding perfectionist Steve Jobs was. If either Tim Cook or Sir Jony Ive (Chief of Design) leave the company Apple will be in SERIOUS trouble.
Old 10-03-14, 07:37 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bluetooth works like a charm on my 6. It's when I plug in to charge my phone is when I have issues.
Old 10-04-14, 01:21 AM
DreamAce7
Driver School Candidate

IOS 8 us really buggy and fix is on the way. Really hoping 8.1 will fix the issues people are having. It's also a concerned on after market products Bluetooth connectivity. Perhaps sometime this month.
Old 10-04-14, 06:13 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the ATT iPhone 6+ and and IS350 Fsport and I have no connectivity issues at all. It plays music perfectly and allows me to make phone calls perfectly without any disconnect issues or any other issues at all. I am running iOS8

When I got the new phone I did make sure and remove my iPhone 5S from my car.
Old 10-04-14, 09:13 AM
IS1911
Driver

Guys/Gals,

Not to sound unfriendly or rude here but if your iPhone 6 is working well with your car there's no reason to post and tell us so. I understood from the beginning this issue doesn't affect everyone and that's why I created this thread to provide information to those who have been affected. It's like the battery drain thread. That issue isn't affecting everyone either but for those that are reading the thread looking for information its a waste of time to read posts by people who aren't affected. Again I'm not trying to be rude here just trying to keep the thread efficient for those who have been affected and are looking for information. Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
Old 10-04-14, 09:43 AM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is why I always try to wait until a few release updates before upgrading. I recently switched to Android and got an LG G3. Its feature-rich but feels cheap, fragmented and bloated. Everything about iOS just feels more crisp, consistent and polished. I will be switching back soon. But I agree with others. Apple is not the same without Jobs.
Old 10-04-14, 10:55 AM
ancpratt
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had all kinds of issues using my old iPhone 5s in my IS but ever since I deleted it from the car and added my iPhone 6, Bluetooth has been working perfectly since. I got the new phone the day it went on sale (9/19) and I've not had a single issue with it so far.
Old 10-05-14, 01:49 PM
ancpratt
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For what it's worth, I just saw this article how iOS 8 has been identified to break Bluetooth connections in many makes of cars. It doesn't specifically mention Lexus but I suspect it's all auto makers being affected:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/...ng-with-ios-81
Old 10-06-14, 09:20 AM
goshawk823
Rookie

Originally Posted by ancpratt
For what it's worth, I just saw this article how iOS 8 has been identified to break Bluetooth connections in many makes of cars. It doesn't specifically mention Lexus but I suspect it's all auto makers being affected:

In a nutshell, IOS 8.1 is supposed to have addressed this. I would expect it to be released soon.
Old 10-06-14, 10:01 AM
IS1911
Driver

Originally Posted by ancpratt

Nice article and encouraging. Thanks for posting that link!

Originally Posted by goshawk823
In a nutshell, IOS 8.1 is supposed to have addressed this. I would expect it to be released soon.
The target release date for iOS 8.1 is 10-20-14. I'm crossing my fingers it will resolve the Bluetooth issues many of us have been experiencing.
Old 10-07-14, 07:25 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I phone 6 ATT no problems
Old 10-07-14, 08:09 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So for the problem people, I would delete your connection on your iPhone, and on the car. once this is done, do a reset of your phone by holding the side, and home button. You hold both till the screen resets and the apple logo shows up. Once you have done this, re-set up your iPhone bluetooth
Old 10-07-14, 08:19 AM
cupofjoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iPhone 6/2015 3IS, No issues with phone calls, bluetooth audio streaming, or text messages.

As other people have suggested, I would delete the phone from the navigation system and re-connect. Usually that is enough to resolve the issue.

Quick Reply: Lexus Bluetooth and the iPhone 6