IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus EnForm Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-14, 05:56 PM
sucks2bu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Lexus EnForm Upgrade

This morning I got in to my 2014 IS 350 and had a pop up telling me there was an EnForm upgrade. I went through the process of updating, the only new thing I saw was Slacker Radio (which didn't work btw). I was wondering if anyone has had this update and if so, do they know anything about any additional changes made by the update?

If anyone was wondering, it was an OTA update.

Thanks
Old 09-24-14, 06:09 PM
sucks2bu
Driver School Candidate

Just checked for updates on my phone and found the Lexus Enform App Suite has an update to version 2.7.354 with the following change log:
  • Now with Slacker Radio you can listen to new and trending music, create a custom station of your favorite songs, and get personalized playlists based on your mood or activity.
  • iHeartRadio updated with new features and functionality.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.

I guess i should have checked the App Store earlier.
Old 09-24-14, 06:53 PM
IS1911
Driver

According to the Lexus website you need to set up an account with Slacker and link it to the app suite before it will work in the car. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any place on the Lexus website to link your Slacker account just yet. The links are there for I <3 Radio and Pandora but nothing for Slacker, at least not when I checked a few hours ago. My guess is they will fix this in the next day or so.
Old 09-24-14, 07:29 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

You need to go to lexusenformappsuite.com in order to link both iHeartradio and Slacker. iHeartradio used to be stand alone without needing to link first but now we do. It looks really nice with new interface in Enform suite.
Old 09-24-14, 11:33 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't received any popups. I was under the impression that 2014's were not going to receive the Enform app
Old 09-25-14, 04:19 AM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Apparently Lexus is throwing the 2014 owners a bone with adding slacker radio. I wish they could push out the navi firmware updates the same way.
Old 09-25-14, 07:30 AM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
Apparently Lexus is throwing the 2014 owners a bone with adding slacker radio. I wish they could push out the navi firmware updates the same way.
So we only get the Slacker radio? When I was at the dealer on Monday for an oil change, my service advisor told me that Lexus is working on the issue of RES for the navigation units.
Old 09-29-14, 06:47 PM
flip2014
Driver School Candidate

I'm sure this will get fixed but one huge issue with the new upgrade is, and I don't technically understand why, but the app "lexus enform" has to be running on the phone to communicate with the apps,. but since the recent update, it doesn't automatically start anymore so I need to take phone out of pocket and start the app suite. Slacker is ok, but Iheart barely ever works anymore, it just says PREPARING... forever. rebooted unit and same thing. I thought updates were supposed to FIX stuff not break something that always worked (for the 3 weeks I had my car it was perfect, no it doesn't work!)
Old 09-29-14, 09:31 PM
PremierRic
Driver School Candidate

Angry Enform Upgrade Doesn't work for me

Got a message requiring mandatory upgrade, which never would go over 10% and kept getting error messages. Went to dealer and their tech gurus tried to get it working. No dice. Spent 1/2 day of them trying. They thanked me for being nice, and said many customers weren't civil and expected them to be able to get their app suite working. (Go figure!) They said, many new Iphones were also not playing nicely with the Lexus. Went to the office and called Lexus tech 800 number (shown on my screen), who said they'd try to call tomorrow after looking into things. By the way, its a new 2014 GX 460 and new LG Android phone. I'm glad the car runs better than the app suite! It's hard to believe Lexus finds it acceptable to have such a buggy program in their cars. Google search shows lots of people are having trouble with Enform. Glad the engine runs better than Lexus Enform!
Old 09-30-14, 11:35 AM
DreamAce7
Driver School Candidate

Just got a new 2015 IS250 with Lux and nav package, and it seems I don't have this Lexus enform installed on my infotainment system nor my VIN # compatible as well. What are the steps of getting this? Thanks.
Old 09-30-14, 01:12 PM
dasrakete
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DreamAce7
Just got a new 2015 IS250 with Lux and nav package, and it seems I don't have this Lexus enform installed on my infotainment system nor my VIN # compatible as well. What are the steps of getting this? Thanks.
I think you will find this is not available outside mainland America. He smi issue with Canadian vehicles.
Old 09-30-14, 01:29 PM
Fooz
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamAce7
That's how my 2015 turned up in Australia. Lexus sent out a tech from Japan to upgrade my car & about 20 others.
Old 09-30-14, 03:37 PM
IS1911
Driver

Originally Posted by PremierRic
They said, many new Iphones were also not playing nicely with the Lexus.
You can say that again! I'm one of many iPhone 6 users with Bluetooth issues. The phone sync's easily and will play music and access my upgraded Lexus App Suite but won't make or receive calls.

Just as a reminder to everyone . . . you don't need the Lexus App Suite to play internet radio in your car. All the Lexus App Suite does is makes things more convenient by allowing you to change apps and internet radio stations from the car's display. If you have I <3 Radio or Pandora or even a stand alone app from a favorite radio station on your phone and you phone is sync'd by Bluetooth then all you need to do it start the app on your phone and select Bluetooth audio on your car's screen. Now remember that it's not a good idea to change radio stations or apps on your phone while driving so BE SAFE when you do this but the point is that you don't need the Lexus App Suite to play internet radio.

One last suggestion. You may want to turn off Wi-Fi on your phone while driving, especially through cities as the phone may tend to pick up public Wi-Fi hot spots which will break the stream.
Old 09-30-14, 06:43 PM
flip2014
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IS1911
You can say that again! I'm one of many iPhone 6 users with Bluetooth issues. The phone sync's easily and will play music and access my upgraded Lexus App Suite but won't make or receive calls.

Just as a reminder to everyone . . . you don't need the Lexus App Suite to play internet radio in your car. All the Lexus App Suite does is makes things more convenient by allowing you to change apps and internet radio stations from the car's display. If you have I <3 Radio or Pandora or even a stand alone app from a favorite radio station on your phone and you phone is sync'd by Bluetooth then all you need to do it start the app on your phone and select Bluetooth audio on your car's screen. Now remember that it's not a good idea to change radio stations or apps on your phone while driving so BE SAFE when you do this but the point is that you don't need the Lexus App Suite to play internet radio.

One last suggestion. You may want to turn off Wi-Fi on your phone while driving, especially through cities as the phone may tend to pick up public Wi-Fi hot spots which will break the stream.
Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the app in the car?
Old 09-30-14, 10:15 PM
raisins
Driver School Candidate

The app on my iPhone asks me to input my vehicle VIN, in which only to receive an "incompatible" error. Car is a '14 IS250 F-Sport. I can't seem to figure out why it won't let me add my car onto the app!

Quick Reply: Lexus EnForm Upgrade