IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Came out of the grocery store only to find....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-14, 12:52 AM
theoryguy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmanpete24
I am sorry to see this happen to you or anyone for that matter. I know in South Florida people are not considerate especially when so many cars are leased.

Maybe I should have lease instead of buying so I don't have to bare the pain of those pics.
Unfortunately whether you lease or buy you still encounter the same idiots on the road and parking lot. Lets just say I park towards the back of the parking lot nowadays.
Old 09-24-14, 04:17 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theoryguy
Lets just say I park towards the back of the parking lot nowadays.
And unfortunately when you arrive back at your car, you will have someone parked right next to you. I have done the same thing many times, especially at large shopping centers. I'll park way out where no cars are with many open spaces. And sure enough when I come back out, someone is posted right next to me. If never fails. No way around it other than not drive. And that is not an option.

As said already many times, some people are just mean spirited, full of anger, rage, and jealousy. It's a shame.
Old 09-24-14, 06:25 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by moose66
And unfortunately when you arrive back at your car, you will have someone parked right next to you. I have done the same thing many times, especially at large shopping centers. I'll park way out where no cars are with many open spaces. And sure enough when I come back out, someone is posted right next to me. If never fails. No way around it other than not drive. And that is not an option.

As said already many times, some people are just mean spirited, full of anger, rage, and jealousy. It's a shame.
this is when you start printing out "i am a douche bag and park too close to other cars" stickers in the mass. slap it on someone's front or rear bumper (obviously so that its not in their line of sight as they approach their driver door) and go on your merry way smiling.
Old 09-24-14, 07:08 AM
mrtriad
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theoryguy
So I went to another shop today and they quoted me $800 (even said they could polish out the scratches on the headlight). The shop is a bit far away so I'm going to try a place a bit closer to home tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to pay out of pocket at this point, I kind of feel like if I went through insurance I would get killed by the $500 deductible and the coverage hike I'd see next billing cycle.
Hey OP.. I went through the exact same thing you're going through. 2 months ago, while I was at work, some inconsiderate person hit my car and ran away. Luckily someone saw this happen and left me the perpetrators license plate number and make and model of the vehicle. I discussed it with my insurance company (progressive) and I only ended up paying a $100 deductible and had my front bumper and my left headlight and led strip replaced with OEM ones. Best of luck to you.
Old 09-24-14, 07:36 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mrtriad
Hey OP.. I went through the exact same thing you're going through. 2 months ago, while I was at work, some inconsiderate person hit my car and ran away. Luckily someone saw this happen and left me the perpetrators license plate number and make and model of the vehicle. I discussed it with my insurance company (progressive) and I only ended up paying a $100 deductible and had my front bumper and my left headlight and led strip replaced with OEM ones. Best of luck to you.
what is your premium though? premiums and deductibles have negative correlation, so you paying $100 for all that work, i bet you will see on your next billing statement (or the one following that) a higher premium.
Old 09-24-14, 09:06 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Yep, it's always the worst POS possible, too. It was worse when I drove my GS on a regular basis. I'm sure when I put wheels on the IS, it will draw the same undesired attention when it comes to parking lots. Last week, I parked the IS at a grocery store and some jackass came in with a crappy old diesel pickup with a camper shell and parked right next to me. Since I was still at the car, I moved it and he moved and parked right next to me again, so I just left. That store doesn't have the almond milk I like anyway.
Old 09-24-14, 10:30 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by link13
Last week, I parked the IS at a grocery store and some jackass came in with a crappy old diesel pickup with a camper shell and parked right next to me. Since I was still at the car, I moved it and he moved and parked right next to me again, so I just left. That store doesn't have the almond milk I like anyway.
Link - I frowned and laughed at this one! I can just see you uttering WTF!
Old 09-24-14, 11:02 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Link - I frowned and laughed at this one! I can just see you uttering WTF!
Ya know - I don't know what it is, and I don't mean to be judgmental, but it just seems that there is an ever growing number of weird people as compared to level headed folks these days. I think this is especially true when it comes to vehicles, parking lots and driving on the road. It's getting to the point that you breathe a sigh of relief after making an uneventful trip to the store and back.

Really unfortunate.

You really gotta wonder what the motivation was for the guy in the truck.

And I would have trouble sleeping at night if I was the person who did that to the OP's vehicle and just drove away - unbelievable!

Last edited by gmanusmc; 09-24-14 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-25-14, 08:41 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Ya know - I don't know what it is, and I don't mean to be judgmental, but it just seems that there is an ever growing number of weird people as compared to level headed folks these days. I think this is especially true when it comes to vehicles, parking lots and driving on the road. It's getting to the point that you breathe a sigh of relief after making an uneventful trip to the store and back.

Really unfortunate.

You really gotta wonder what the motivation was for the guy in the truck.

And I would have trouble sleeping at night if I was the person who did that to the OP's vehicle and just drove away - unbelievable!
This particular store is in an area known as Leisure World, so there are a lot of senior citizens who shop there. A lot of them have very pristine, but older Oldsmobiles, Cadillacs, and Buicks (not to stereotype, but those are a lot of the cars). I think the IS stands out a bit there. There were tons of open spaces, but truck boy had to park right next to me. I'm sure it was clear I didn't like it when I got back in the car and moved it. I am certain that he was effing with me when he parked next to me a second time. I was pretty annoyed by it all.
Old 09-25-14, 03:32 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

"Room for a little one? Jeep owner gets the last laugh on corvette driver's selfish parking across two spaces" The Vette owners worse nightmare. Should've maybe parked further away. Not saying you did this btw -- just thought it was funny -- and my worse nightmare.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-parking.html
Attached Thumbnails Came out of the grocery store only to find....-1411623300287_wps_26_link_to_http_i_imgur_com_.jpg  
Old 09-25-14, 06:50 PM
IS1911
Driver

That's the typical mentality of a Corvette owner. I've never been impressed with those cars and less impressed with most of their owners. I'm always trying to keep space around my car but I accomplish this by parking in less crowded areas of the lot, usually in the back and I never take more than one spot. That's totally not cool.
Old 09-26-14, 10:44 PM
2015isboy
Driver

Taking up two sports such a DB move. Just park far away.
Old 09-26-14, 11:27 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by IS1911
That's the typical mentality of a Corvette owner. I've never been impressed with those cars and less impressed with most of their owners. I'm always trying to keep space around my car but I accomplish this by parking in less crowded areas of the lot, usually in the back and I never take more than one spot. That's totally not cool.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but as a former corvette owner, I don't think it's any more typical to see a vette parked that way than another very expensive vehicle owned by someone who might be paranoid about someone doing damage to their vehicle in a parking lot. I think it's rude to park that way and I would never do it and most vette owners wouldnt go to that extreme. As far as your not being impressed with vettes and less impressed with their owners, I'm proud of the Lexus' s we've had but I don't know if we will ever see a museum totally dedicated to this brand like the Natonal Corvette Museum in Bowling Green - and I haven't had any other Lexus driver offer a wave of mutual respect as they drive by like most vette drivers do when they pass each other on the road.

Last edited by gmanusmc; 09-26-14 at 11:30 PM.