IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

IS350 F-Sport vs GS350 F-Sport Which one would you buy and why??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-14, 10:03 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

GS-F is coming, that's what I would wait for
Old 10-31-14, 12:54 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I expect two things that comes to GS:

1) Change IS front grill to GS
2) Change the wheels please (so ugly)
Old 10-31-14, 02:33 PM
kdphan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

needed a roomier car than a B8 S4 so the IS was off the list

GS is more refined

I like the front grill of the GS F sport better than the IS F sport.
Old 11-01-14, 12:24 AM
theoryguy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I chose the IS F-Sport because it was more compact. I'm single and don't have a family, so it made more sense to me especially when find yourself parking in tight spaces.
Old 11-02-14, 03:48 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by theoryguy
I chose the IS F-Sport because it was more compact. I'm single and don't have a family, so it made more sense to me especially when find yourself parking in tight spaces.
Same here No family, single, & there are many tight spaces where I go often!
Old 11-02-14, 05:39 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I chose GS because I was not comfortable in the IS, and I am not a big guy. IS has significantly less hip room. Other than that it would have been IS- fsport.
Old 11-03-14, 03:56 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm a thin guy, and bought the non-F 350. I find it almost miraculous that they built a car where the standard seats actually hold me place and don't let me slide all over the place. With BMW I would have had to spend more for the sport package. I could see the seats being tight for a big person, though. They are also lower in the IS, which I like.
Old 11-04-14, 05:50 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess it depends on what we consider big... I am 6'4" 220 and athletic the seats fit me great... there definitely is not a lot of room behind my seat, but that is pretty common in most of the cars that I have owned... The IS has been great, we recently took a 8+ hour drive down to LA and I have zero complaints about the car as for comfort.
Old 11-04-14, 07:00 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Iam 5'7 and 165lb, for me it's specifically the hip and the knee room, side to side. Just feels like sardines. I am alo not anfan of buckets, it jsut not my preference.
Old 11-04-14, 09:04 AM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NVMarkus
I guess it depends on what we consider big... I am 6'4" 220 and athletic the seats fit me great... there definitely is not a lot of room behind my seat, but that is pretty common in most of the cars that I have owned... The IS has been great, we recently took a 8+ hour drive down to LA and I have zero complaints about the car as for comfort.
I've had several people ride in my IS350 F-sport. As soon as they sit down, they all say the same thing... "wow, these seats feel great!" And these people are all different sizes. My E90 335i had the sport package and I really loved those seats. But dare I say it, the seats in my new IS350 are even better!

As far as people saying the IS350 isn't roomy enough, I have a 6 year-old daughter and her car seat fits just fine in the back. So many people think they need to buy a bigger car when they have a kid(s). Unless you have 3 or more kids, I don't always agree with this. So many of my friends ran out an bought huge SUVs as soon as they had a kid.

Back in the day, my parents drove my sister and I around in a 1981 Toyota Corolla station wagon which is tiny by today's standards. And we all fit just fine. Twice a year, they would use a roof-top carrier for long vacations. But the other 48 weeks of the year, it was adequate. Why do cars keep getting bigger, especially in America? Pretty soon, we're going to be back to the boats of the 70's all over again.

I much prefer the more nimble driving experience that smaller cars offer. My IS is larger than my E90 335 and feels it. I can only imagine the GS would feel even larger.
Old 11-04-14, 09:29 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Spagolli94
I've had several people ride in my IS350 F-sport. As soon as they sit down, they all say the same thing... "wow, these seats feel great!" And these people are all different sizes. My E90 335i had the sport package and I really loved those seats. But dare I say it, the seats in my new IS350 are even better!

As far as people saying the IS350 isn't roomy enough, I have a 6 year-old daughter and her car seat fits just fine in the back. So many people think they need to buy a bigger car when they have a kid(s). Unless you have 3 or more kids, I don't always agree with this. So many of my friends ran out an bought huge SUVs as soon as they had a kid.

Back in the day, my parents drove my sister and I around in a 1981 Toyota Corolla station wagon which is tiny by today's standards. And we all fit just fine. Twice a year, they would use a roof-top carrier for long vacations. But the other 48 weeks of the year, it was adequate. Why do cars keep getting bigger, especially in America? Pretty soon, we're going to be back to the boats of the 70's all over again.

I much prefer the more nimble driving experience that smaller cars offer. My IS is larger than my E90 335 and feels it. I can only imagine the GS would feel even larger.
I know this is probably crazy, but as soon as I sat in the f-sport seats after sitting in the non f-sport, there was no way I was gonna settle for the regular seats - when I took my wife to the dealer, she had the same reaction. Of course, all the other features aren't half bad, either.
Old 11-05-14, 09:33 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Spagolli94

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
I know this is probably crazy, but as soon as I sat in the f-sport seats after sitting in the non f-sport, there was no way I was gonna settle for the regular seats - when I took my wife to the dealer, she had the same reaction. Of course, all the other features aren't half bad, either.
I am 5'10'' tall and 150 lbs. My 2IS fits me fine! Also, my dad is 5'11'' and he's comfortable when riding with me. The back seats, on the other hand, are horrendous for a person this tall. At least, that's what my mom or dad claim when riding in the back, so they take turns over who gets the front seat Also, there's a hell of a difference between non-Fsport and F-Sport seats
Old 11-05-14, 09:34 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FastTags
I chose GS because I was not comfortable in the IS, and I am not a big guy. IS has significantly less hip room. Other than that it would have been IS- fsport.
I agree with you here. GS is more spacious than IS - period. However, I think the IS is more than enough for me right now.
Old 11-05-14, 11:41 AM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the seats on the IS, both on the Luxury and the F Sport models - even more than the GS. They might actually be the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, in any car. I went with the GS for the options (The F Sport has all the options of the IS Lux and IS F Sport, combined), the screen, usable back seats, and for the front seats that are almost as comfortable.

I do prefer the size of the IS though, and I wish the GS had the LED headlights on more than just the hybrid model. I could have gone either way, and been happy. I have 0 regrets with the GS, I don't know if I'd be able to say the same with the IS cause I don't own one!
Old 11-05-14, 03:56 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SlangBlade
I love the seats on the IS, both on the Luxury and the F Sport models - even more than the GS. They might actually be the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, in any car. I went with the GS for the options (The F Sport has all the options of the IS Lux and IS F Sport, combined), the screen, usable back seats, and for the front seats that are almost as comfortable.

I do prefer the size of the IS though, and I wish the GS had the LED headlights on more than just the hybrid model. I could have gone either way, and been happy. I have 0 regrets with the GS, I don't know if I'd be able to say the same with the IS cause I don't own one!
I hear you. Lexus accomplished their goal of combining sport and luxury with the GS. But you mentioned some of the areas they failed - GS F-Sport should've had led DRLs like the IS F-Sport + the same seats of the IS F-Sport = top seller Lexus car

Quick Reply: IS350 F-Sport vs GS350 F-Sport Which one would you buy and why??