IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

allfit lip kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-14, 04:07 AM
itBurnsISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amorales
How does it react to fast speeds? it looks good but i feel like it might fly off.....

Bump for more pics!
Basically the flat surface is what has the 3M tape on it, and that tape is strong, so no it doesn't fly anywhere .... and it's a thick rubber so it's pretty stiff, but at the same time flexible.

The one on my old Honda ended up tearing slightly from something hitting it, but it held for over 2 years. Removing it from the front bumper took me about 30 minutes (Just because the 3M tape was so strong it didn't want to come off)
Old 09-12-14, 07:25 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itBurnsISF
Basically the flat surface is what has the 3M tape on it, and that tape is strong, so no it doesn't fly anywhere .... and it's a thick rubber so it's pretty stiff, but at the same time flexible.

The one on my old Honda ended up tearing slightly from something hitting it, but it held for over 2 years. Removing it from the front bumper took me about 30 minutes (Just because the 3M tape was so strong it didn't want to come off)
Yeah I'm really happy with this product. The material is really strong and doubt it will tear, if you have a chance, look it up on YouTube and see how it is.
Old 09-12-14, 05:06 PM
HammerDown
Rookie

I bought the one from Home Depot but the double sided tape won't stick the rubber. What are you guys using to clean the rubber so that the tape will stick to it?
Old 09-13-14, 05:10 AM
itBurnsISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by HammerDown
I bought the one from Home Depot but the double sided tape won't stick the rubber. What are you guys using to clean the rubber so that the tape will stick to it?
That's probably dependent on what kind of double sided tape you're using.

You need the strong 3M double sided tape. I never cleaned the rubber, just laid it on - never had an issue, immediately stuck. In fact, I just unrolled the whole thing and put it on as 1 piece - easier to remove when you go to take it off.

Get something like this:
Old 10-12-14, 06:23 PM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Hey Guys,

My name is A.J. with All-Fit Automotive.

First and foremost, thanks to Erick for spreading the word.

Unfortunately, there is similar looking things in the industry, and people jump to conclusion as to what our product is without ever using it.

What is in hardware stores is EPDM rubber. There are various brands, Frost King and M-D Building products being the two main ones. Both are forms of EPDM rubber but both feel completely different. Frost King is very squishy and very easy to rip. 3M tape WILL stick to this. I would bet money, this is what you had itburnsisf. Tape sticks to this without an adhesive promoter but this is a very very low grade of material. Our main competitor sells what seems to be a squishy epdm rubber also, which is showcased in the video. Very similar qualities to the frost king. Here is that stuff.

Also, we have a quality comparison directly on our website.

The other kind is M-D Building Products. Made of EPDM but is much higher quality than the Frost King or our competitors kit. I would bet money this is what you have hammerdown. Tape will not stick to this, no matter the 3M tape, it will NOT stick.

We had a paying customer buy all of the materials. Stating the same thing as all of the above. He felt this was the same stuff as what is at home depot and took it upon himself to try out the various items. He made a 38 minute video comparing the 4 and coming to conclusion which one he would choose and why. The video is worth the time if your opinion is not swayed by the above.

With this being said, we saw a large demand in the market for this design, but understood that this material was far from any quality that should be going on the bottom of your car.

We spent extensive research developing a material far from anything in the industry. We ultimate chose a material, that in raw form, is not flexible. We use a complex chemical process during extrusion making our product flexible, but still keeping the same great qualities of the original material. We use a heat bonding process of automotive grade 3M tape to our quality of extrusion creating a mechanical bond. We offer the ultimate installation solution for a secure install and our quality of material is the ultimate form of protection. We proudly stamp our brand on the underside of our custom material.

This design was proven to be sought after we years, We took a similar design, innovated and greatly improved with a material unlike anything in the industry. In your hands, you would be amazed at the difference if you have used any of the other stuff.

I hope you guys take the time to check some of these videos out. The difference is astronomical.

Thank you for your time. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

AllFitAutomotive.com
Old 10-13-14, 03:55 AM
Kentchup
Pole Position

the lip kit looks good.
Old 10-13-14, 07:30 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to have a similar lip on my car from a shop that is local to me. It is a bit stronger than the EZ Lip but not as strong as the All-Fit lip. They contacted me about switching products at a convenient time because my current lip was ripping and I was looking at buying the same one again which would rip also. I got my kit in the mail very fast and got it installed and so far it is a major improvement from the last lip. I put my cars bumper in danger just to test this lip and the lip is still holding up great without damage to my bumper. My car is lowered so this lip helps with parking stumps at places where I don't back my car in or the bump is too high to go over.. When I go over the bump, there is only a squealing noise which is the sound of the lip rubbing up against the top of the bump. Same sound when backing out of the space also. I checked underneath my bumper and it is all good which is great! I don't want to have to spend a ton of money getting the bumper fixed if something does happen to it and I don't want to spend a ton of money on a very nice lip to only have it be destroyed by speed bumps, parking bumps, and other things that could ruin it. For those of you that want to have a nice lip for your car and not have it destroyed, I do recommend having the All-Fit lip placed underneath it to protect it completely. This company is not trying to scam you by saying it does all of these things just to get you to buy it and ruin your bumper afterwards. It does exactly what they say and provides the protection they say it does. You can ask all of their happy customers including me.
Old 12-20-14, 10:15 AM
3ivato
Rookie

I have 1 on mine..Product is the best out there..Tried other Products..Rest are all Garbage. .
Old 12-20-14, 04:54 PM
TTechLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 3ivato
I have 1 on mine..Product is the best out there..Tried other Products..Rest are all Garbage. .
Do you have pictures?
Old 12-20-14, 07:11 PM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Default Group buy

Anyone wanting to set-up a group buy? I would assume that we can't do so since we're not a sponsor but a credible member would be able to I'm guessing. Would love to get more people on board with our product. Thanks again for all of the support
Old 12-20-14, 07:33 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Looks good, car looks good as well.
Old 12-20-14, 09:19 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I could also attest to this product being 10x better than EZ-Lip. I don't know why I didn't see this thread earlier.

Before I knew about All Fit Lip, I must have bought about 5 EZ-Lip's in the past year and a half (or more), all of which tore apart on the mildest of scrapes. I thought at the time that this was the best product and it was all bound to end up this way due to me being lowered. Lo and behold, I came across them after I just finished ordering a replacement EZ-Lip using the almighty Google, and have not need a replacement for at least half a year now!

This thing is really durable, and I mean Durable! It won't tear to pieces like EZ-Lip and the adhesion strength to the bumper is incredible due to the thickness and strength of the rubber compound - it's hard to describe it's like the compound reinforces itself to the shape of the bumper with its tensile resistant strength. Past EZ-Lips have fallen off for me just from gravity taking effect, and believe me I've tried everything to try and get that thing to stick onto the bumper. It usually ends up failing on the corners where it adheres near the wheel wells. This hasn't been the case for the AFL kit. It has stuck on and withheld numerous scrapes as if it was a permanent part of the bumper.

Been meaning to give them a good review for awhile now, hopefully this does them some justice.

P.S. EZ-Lip has improved over the years, the first lip I got from them was pretty good, then at some point they went to a much squishier compound (was the worst), and then finally to the compound they have now which is probably better than the first I received from them. However, the rubber compound is still very weak and are prone to tears from scrapes and accidentally parking a little too close to the curb.
Old 01-06-15, 07:34 PM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LexSense
I could also attest to this product being 10x better than EZ-Lip. I don't know why I didn't see this thread earlier.

Before I knew about All Fit Lip, I must have bought about 5 EZ-Lip's in the past year and a half (or more), all of which tore apart on the mildest of scrapes. I thought at the time that this was the best product and it was all bound to end up this way due to me being lowered. Lo and behold, I came across them after I just finished ordering a replacement EZ-Lip using the almighty Google, and have not need a replacement for at least half a year now!

This thing is really durable, and I mean Durable! It won't tear to pieces like EZ-Lip and the adhesion strength to the bumper is incredible due to the thickness and strength of the rubber compound - it's hard to describe it's like the compound reinforces itself to the shape of the bumper with its tensile resistant strength. Past EZ-Lips have fallen off for me just from gravity taking effect, and believe me I've tried everything to try and get that thing to stick onto the bumper. It usually ends up failing on the corners where it adheres near the wheel wells. This hasn't been the case for the AFL kit. It has stuck on and withheld numerous scrapes as if it was a permanent part of the bumper.

Been meaning to give them a good review for awhile now, hopefully this does them some justice.

P.S. EZ-Lip has improved over the years, the first lip I got from them was pretty good, then at some point they went to a much squishier compound (was the worst), and then finally to the compound they have now which is probably better than the first I received from them. However, the rubber compound is still very weak and are prone to tears from scrapes and accidentally parking a little too close to the curb.

Thanks for chiming in. We are now a forum vendor and have posted an introduction
Old 01-06-15, 07:59 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

Would be in for the group buy!
Old 01-06-15, 08:31 PM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sdotk
Would be in for the group buy!
You can go to amazon buy it the front one is only 35 dollars free shipping