IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

What mode you drive?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-14, 04:21 PM
Chria89a
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What mode you drive?

What type of mode do you normally drive in? I usually have the Eco mode but then move up to normal when I jump on the freeway. I have used the sport mode but not much. When I tend to use the sport mode I take the traction off to have a little bit of fun.
Old 09-08-14, 04:26 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chria89a
What type of mode do you normally drive in? I usually have the Eco mode but then move up to normal when I jump on the freeway. I have used the sport mode but not much. When I tend to use the sport mode I take the traction off to have a little bit of fun.
Do you take it off 'completely'? Just wondering if you know how.

I drive normal around city, eco on freeway. Sport/Sport+ when I see 'some other' car (manual mode if there are no other cars around except the 'other' car).
Old 09-08-14, 04:27 PM
CJW
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sport with the odd turn to sport plus for fun.

I hate the throttle response otherwise.
Old 09-08-14, 04:36 PM
Chria89a
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drbazing
Do you take it off 'completely'? Just wondering if you know how.

I drive normal around city, eco on freeway. Sport/Sport+ when I see 'some other' car (manual mode if there are no other cars around except the 'other' car).
I just hit the traction off button but only when the car is at a complete stop. Its fun to have the traction off and on sport mode and let the throttle go you can get the tires smoking haha
Old 09-08-14, 04:40 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in a hilly area with lots of curves. So, to enjoy the car to the fullest, I am always in Sport +, except when I am on the interstate. Only then am I in regular mode.
Old 09-08-14, 04:48 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Usually stick with normal mode. It's the most comfortable with its smoother shifts than the sport with its more sensitive throttle and harsher shifts. Never been in eco mode except for the auto eco when you're just cruising
Old 09-08-14, 04:48 PM
IS3F
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm usually doing hwy driving and am usually in Eco mode. Save some gas and have plenty of power. I'll switch to sport+ when looking for that extra boost.. It's nice to have the extra power there at a moments notice
Old 09-08-14, 05:15 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

modes? there are others besides sport+? :-)
Old 09-08-14, 05:23 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just hit the traction off button but only when the car is at a complete stop. Its fun to have the traction off and on sport mode and let the throttle go you can get the tires smoking haha
If you're on a complete stop, try holding the button down for a few seconds. The traction should completely turn off and you should be getting a TC off light on (orange) on your dash.

Originally Posted by larry13
modes? there are others besides sport+? :-)
You didn't know? Nooooooob
Old 09-08-14, 05:25 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

lol nope i sure didnt. will be sure to not look for them :-)
Old 09-08-14, 05:33 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Even when it's fully off, traction control is still there. Try doing a slide in this car and you'll see it kicks right in every time. And for the different modes, it doesn't give you any extra power. In eco or sport+ it'll be identical once you floor it. All it changes is the throttle response for when not full throttle.
Old 09-08-14, 05:34 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
Even when it's fully off, traction control is still there. Try doing a slide in this car and you'll see it kicks right in every time. And for the different modes, it doesn't give you any extra power. In eco or sport+ it'll be identical once you floor it. All it changes is the throttle response for when not full throttle.
true. mine dynod the same in eco and sport+. ico is for cruise
Old 09-08-14, 05:45 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Even with the stock tires and the traction control fully turned off, I am unable to spin the tires on a dry surface. Haven't tried a wet surface yet. Are you perhaps in Manual mode?

95% of the time I'm driving in Eco mode, I'm hardly ever in much of a rush, and I can't lie, I love the attention I get with the car, so i don't mind driving in Eco.
Old 09-08-14, 05:45 PM
Chria89a
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drbazing
If you're on a complete stop, try holding the button down for a few seconds. The traction should completely turn off and you should be getting a TC off light on (orange) on your dash.

You didn't know? Nooooooob
Thanks that's good to know
Old 09-08-14, 05:48 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
Are you sure you turned it off completely (held it down for 5-10 seconds while at a complete stop)?

Quick Reply: What mode you drive?