IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

What mode you drive?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-14, 05:49 PM
Chria89a
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hermes
Even with the stock tires and the traction control fully turned off, I am unable to spin the tires on a dry surface. Haven't tried a wet surface yet. Are you perhaps in Manual mode?

95% of the time I'm driving in Eco mode, I'm hardly ever in much of a rush, and I can't lie, I love the attention I get with the car, so i don't mind driving in Eco.
Nope it was on dry pavement but my 3is is rwd maybe that's why
Old 09-08-14, 05:55 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chria89a
Nope it was on dry pavement but my 3is is rwd maybe that's why
I'm thinking that's why as well. I'm waiting on the snow to come down to break the back end loose a little and have some fun. God I hate the snow...
Old 09-08-14, 05:58 PM
Chria89a
Driver School Candidate

I'm thinking that's why as well. I'm waiting on the snow to come down to break the back end loose a little and have some fun. God I hate the snow...
I wish we got hit with a good size snow storm in southern arizona were lucky if it even sticks for atleast 3 days
Old 09-08-14, 05:59 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

I wish we got hit with a good size snow storm in southern arizona were lucky if it even sticks for atleast 3 days
be carefull what you wish for lol. we had 90+ inches of snow plus 40 below 0 most of the winter in chicago
Old 09-08-14, 06:08 PM
Chria89a
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by larry13
be carefull what you wish for lol. we had 90+ inches of snow plus 40 below 0 most of the winter in chicago
It could be worse man we been having flash floods since yesterday several cars have been pushed off the road do to flooded roads. I haven't drove my Lexi so I won't loose her to a flooded road. :/
Old 09-08-14, 06:12 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

It could be worse man we been having flash floods since yesterday several cars have been pushed off the road do to flooded roads. I haven't drove my Lexi so I won't loose her to a flooded road. :/
that sux. stay safe
Old 09-08-14, 09:09 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

I love Arizona, you don't want snow, 3 years ago my city was the second coldest place on earth at 47.5 Celsius (-53.5 fahrenheit). I plan on moving somewhere where the only snow I see is on TV. It's overrated.
Old 09-08-14, 09:31 PM
Trish67
Driver School Candidate

I tend to do my daily commute in Eco mode to save a bit on gas. I live in Colorado though so anytime I can take it into the mountains it's sport mode for sure. I tend to skip the "normal" mode completely.
Old 09-08-14, 10:27 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Trish67
I tend to do my daily commute in Eco mode to save a bit on gas. I live in Colorado though so anytime I can take it into the mountains it's sport mode for sure. I tend to skip the "normal" mode completely.
Do you find you have as much power being so high in altitude not sucking in as much air when pushing your car?
Old 09-08-14, 11:56 PM
Toxicis11
Driver School Candidate

Eco all day evrday!!🙌
#savegas
Old 09-09-14, 12:01 AM
nova123
Driver School Candidate

Maybe my engine is still running in but fuel consumption is terrible in any mode. I don't get much improvements driving eco vs sport at all. As long as the engine is on it just munches petrol. .. haha

I've come to hate normal mode, it's laggy and not as smooth as eco, makes too much noise and bad throttle response. Eco mode is fine in traffic and freeway, and sport any other time.

Sport+ is good if you want to take someone on or have some amazing driving roads, but for general driving suspension gets a bit too stiff for my liking!
Old 09-09-14, 05:28 AM
Trish67
Driver School Candidate

Do you find you have as much power being so high in altitude not sucking in as much air when pushing your car?
It's definitely not as fast. You're taking about a second+ longer for your 0-60 than at sea level. The higher you go the slower it gets. But you don't really notice it because what's more important at that point is how it handles the curves at speed. There's not a lot of 0-60 "flooring it" in mountain driving. You need handling on the curves and power to pass quickly.
Old 09-09-14, 05:37 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

normal, to have some fun I do Sport+ in M mode. In Manual mode I can at least get above the 5th gear limit Sport+ seems to have
Old 09-09-14, 06:51 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CtSFox
I live in a hilly area with lots of curves. So, to enjoy the car to the fullest, I am always in Sport +, except when I am on the interstate. Only then am I in regular mode.
Where in CT? That sounds like fun
Old 09-09-14, 07:29 AM
mark1281
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
normal, to have some fun I do Sport+ in M mode. In Manual mode I can at least get above the 5th gear limit Sport+ seems to have
On the highway I switched from Normal to Sport and S+, when I went into M it was in the 7th gear pos. I can get 7th gear on the highway in S+ if you keep it at the same speed for a short length of time.

Quick Reply: What mode you drive?