IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Tesla S way too fast!

Old 05-13-15, 08:04 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by NVMarkus

That being said only driving 200+ miles doesn't work for everyone...
Without Tesla Power charge station you roughly get 30 miles per hour of charge.... That doubles with the peer station... Can you imagine it taking 4 hours to fill you gas tank???
I took a trip to San Diego a couple of weeks ago and I saw a Tesla on the way. It made me think how much of a hassle it would be because you can't just simply stop at the gas station like a gas car.
Old 05-13-15, 08:42 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I don't know how good the stopping distance of Tesla, but the car weights 4600 lbs. Yes, it's fast in insane mode but can I stop the car without running over someone?
Old 05-13-15, 11:02 AM
Booster
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FinaLpeace
I encountered an immature Tesla S driver today. I was driving my IS350 F Sport in a hurry to my destination and this Tesla S came up next to me at a stop light after I passed him earlier. Once the lights turned green, he shoot out like a lightning showing me how much faster his Tesla is than my Lexus. I didn't want to get into the road raging confrontation and I knew the Tesla S was probably faster.

Afterwards I went online to check how fast the Tesla S is and guess what...... 0-60 at 4.2 seconds according to the website, that time destroys the BMW 335i as well as making this thing a beast for an electric car. This is quite embarrassing that a plug in electrical car can pull on so many sports car out there.

I just wished my IS350 was in the 4 seconds range that would probably feel more rewarding.
immature Tesla driver? Road rage? wth

sounds like you are taking something personal that you shouldn't be. I don't get it.

if he wants to take off from a light to show off the speed of his car, how is this immature?

and why are you even thinking about road rage confrontation. how about just give the guy a thumbs up and say "right on man".

if his car is faster than his car is faster. it doesn't have to be embarrassing for you in Lexus that cost half the price. why does everyone take things so personally.
Old 05-13-15, 11:07 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Booster
immature Tesla driver? Road rage? wth

sounds like you are taking something personal that you shouldn't be. I don't get it.

if he wants to take off from a light to show off the speed of his car, how is this immature?

and why are you even thinking about road rage confrontation. how about just give the guy a thumbs up and say "right on man".

if his car is faster than his car is faster. it doesn't have to be embarrassing for you in Lexus that cost half the price. why does everyone take things so personally.
Tesla driver could've been weaving in and out of traffic, unnecessarily accelerating hard/braking hard, or blaring his music on full blast with his windows down. Why you so mad at OP?
Old 05-13-15, 11:10 AM
Booster
Rookie

Originally Posted by anthonys2r
Tesla driver could've been weaving in and out of traffic, unnecessarily accelerating hard/braking hard, or blaring his music on full blast with his windows down. Why you so mad at OP?
I don't inject my own presumptions out of the blue. I leave room for any scenarios like you say but you are literally making stuff up.

the op told a story that did not include any of those behaviors from the Tesla driver. he said that the driver took off like a lighting bolt to prove his Tesla was faster than the Lexus. Calling him immature and talking about trying to avoid a road rage incident for that?

and for the record... i never said I was mad at the OP. I will say though, that it seems the OP took that scenario personally and shouldn't have.
Old 05-13-15, 02:00 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Booster
I don't inject my own presumptions out of the blue. I leave room for any scenarios like you say but you are literally making stuff up.

the op told a story that did not include any of those behaviors from the Tesla driver. he said that the driver took off like a lighting bolt to prove his Tesla was faster than the Lexus. Calling him immature and talking about trying to avoid a road rage incident for that?

and for the record... i never said I was mad at the OP. I will say though, that it seems the OP took that scenario personally and shouldn't have.
Not making anything up, which is why I prefaced my statement with could've. OP could have (or have not) left details out, which is why we will never know. The fact that you are the only person to point to the term "immature" and dedicate a whole post to it (to a post that's 9 months nonetheless), shows that no one in the thread minded it, except you, which leads me to say: why you taking it so personally when he calls the other driver immature, when you shouldn't care what he calls that driver?
Old 05-13-15, 02:45 PM
Booster
Rookie

Originally Posted by anthonys2r
Not making anything up, which is why I prefaced my statement with could've. OP could have (or have not) left details out, which is why we will never know. The fact that you are the only person to point to the term "immature" and dedicate a whole post to it (to a post that's 9 months nonetheless), shows that no one in the thread minded it, except you, which leads me to say: why you taking it so personally when he calls the other driver immature, when you shouldn't care what he calls that driver?
and wth do you care what i posted. a bit blindly hypocritical of you, eh? think about it bubbs. you are comin at me in the same way that you (ironically) are basing your entire argument on.

peronsally, i think it's ridiculous that the OP called the guy immature with no basis other than that his Tesla was faster and that he imagined some kind of road rage situation but didn't want to go there because his Lexus couldn't hang.

i think that's lame and I'm callin it out. Deal with it.
Old 05-13-15, 03:43 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol you two

Tesla might have thought OP was being immature by being in such a hurry, and went immature right back at him. Not saying it was immature, IMO it wasn't. One thing we learned is that Tesla was way faster and IS350 got left in the dust, immature or not. Since when did we ever care about feelings in here?
Old 05-13-15, 04:26 PM
Booster
Rookie

Originally Posted by drbazing
Lol you two

Tesla might have thought OP was being immature by being in such a hurry, and went immature right back at him. Not saying it was immature, IMO it wasn't. One thing we learned is that Tesla was way faster and IS350 got left in the dust, immature or not. Since when did we ever care about feelings in here?
lol.
Old 05-13-15, 05:59 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by drbazing
Lol you two

pretty much. we ALWAYS only hear one side of the story on forums. for all we know, the OP was the one instigating everything
Old 05-13-15, 07:38 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

People don't know cars. It's funny....

Tesla P85d - performance pack has 687 tq. The car has one gear. All that TQ is on demand. D stands for dual motors. The mode like sport + for us is called insane mode on a tesla for a reason. It dips!!! YouTube it. It's faster than an Ferrari.

It's literally the most technologically advanced car on the road.

I love my lex more than anything I've ever owned / built. But you've been out classed via a motor and car. It's a no brainier to get spanked in a street race.
Old 05-13-15, 09:20 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
I don't know how good the stopping distance of Tesla, but the car weights 4600 lbs. Yes, it's fast in insane mode but can I stop the car without running over someone?
No, clearly Tesla simply hoped for the best and pulled brakes off of a 1982 Honda Civic.
http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/t...rack-test.html

Last edited by NickTee; 05-13-15 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-14-15, 10:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,112 Likes on 1,289 Posts

booster, anthonys2r take the back and forth to PM please.
Old 05-18-15, 08:11 AM
mingkwong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tesla P85d can do 0-60 in 3.17sec, even LFA, Ferrari F12, BMW M4 cannot beat it...

But in terms of the interior, even a Corolla can beat it......