New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-14, 11:45 AM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmanpete24
Do you have pics of the Merc and BMW?

Pics of the 2012 Benz SLK 350 and the 2011 BMW 335 xdrive. And yep, that's the Atomic Silver with red interior. The pics make that car look absolutely stunning. I think it would be a fine consolation prize for getting rid of my SLK 350 (Which I love)
Attached Thumbnails New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year-img_5223.jpg   New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year-img_5226.jpg   New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year-img_4944.jpg  
Old 09-05-14, 11:49 AM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

A few more pics of BMW and pic of SLK with top down sexiness.
Attached Thumbnails New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year-img_4940.jpg   New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year-img_4935.jpg   New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year-img_5225.jpg  
Old 09-05-14, 12:07 PM
KS13
Driver

That Benz is sexy.
Old 09-06-14, 05:37 PM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

just told my salesman I'll do the deal.

So next week they get my cars and I'll be getting a new 2015 Atomic Silver with red leather Lexus IS350 AWD with F Sport and a few other features as well as a check for $15,000.

Bittersweet as I truly love my little SLK 350 but I have a feeling I'm going to love this new Lexus. I might be in the minority but I think that aggressive F-Sport front end is one of the coolest designs available on a sport/luxury vehicle right now. More pics of the car to follow soon...
Old 09-06-14, 05:43 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eugenew40

So next week they get my cars and I'll be getting a new 2015 Atomic Silver with red leather Lexus IS350 AWD with F Sport and a few other features as well as a check for $15,000.

Bittersweet as I truly love my little SLK 350 but I have a feeling I'm going to love this new Lexus. I might be in the minority but I think that aggressive F-Sport front end is one of the coolest designs available on a sport/luxury vehicle right now. More pics of the car to follow soon...
congrats!! You'll love the Lexus. I switched over from Mercedes as well
Old 09-06-14, 06:56 PM
KS13
Driver

Congrats! And definitely not a minority in regards to the popularity of the FSPORT design. I've read somewhere that the FSPORT package IS are in much higher demand. Lexus hit home with the new design.
Old 09-06-14, 09:50 PM
alpha12
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Which dealership did you end up going with? I had a bad buying experience with Metro Lexus (although it was probably salesman specific) and went elsewhere, they kept telling me their best offer was $500 over msrp, claiming 'they had to make something on the car'. They became more willing to negotiate after I told them I was working with another dealership but still would only ever match the other dealership and never offered to surpass their discount.
Old 09-07-14, 01:53 AM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by alpha12
Which dealership did you end up going with? I had a bad buying experience with Metro Lexus (although it was probably salesman specific) and went elsewhere, they kept telling me their best offer was $500 over msrp, claiming 'they had to make something on the car'. They became more willing to negotiate after I told them I was working with another dealership but still would only ever match the other dealership and never offered to surpass their discount.
for the Ohio dealerships I first net to Lexus of Akron, they only had one leftover 2014 IS350 and it was a luxury package, not F-Sport so....

I found a white with red interior IS350 2015 at Metro Lexus in Cleveland and they wouldn't budge off of the dollar amount they were willing to give for my two cars so...

I called Classic Lexus in Willoughby Hills, Ohio and spoke with Chris (my salesman) and that's where the story ends. They came in with the best offer even versus some out of state dealerships. After thinking about it I even started liking the Atomic Silver more than my first choice which was the white with red interior. I even got a call from the sales manager that wanted to chat about my cars I would be trading in. Really nice guy, Dillon was his name.

So, thus far big thumbs up for this dealership at least on the phone conversations I've had and their giving me the best deal out of quite a few dealerships.
Old 09-07-14, 01:41 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats! Pls post pics once you bring that baby home. Would love to see some pics of another Atomic Silver IS!!
Old 09-07-14, 06:14 PM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexi90
Congrats! Pls post pics once you bring that baby home. Would love to see some pics of another Atomic Silver IS!!
will do.

So, I'm sure this has been discussed numerous times on these forums but I was wondering what the thoughts are on the power of this car. From the technical specs it looks like it's about as fast as the Benz SLK350 but the 2011 BMW is a full second faster. Most reviews of the car complain about the lack of power. I don't hammer on my cars so will it be a noticeable difference from the Bimmer? Maybe silly question but just curious about thoughts from current owners of these new IS350's.
Old 09-07-14, 06:19 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

will do.

So, I'm sure this has been discussed numerous times on these forums but I was wondering what the thoughts are on the power of this car. From the technical specs it looks like it's about as fast as the Benz SLK350 but the 2011 BMW is a full second faster. Most reviews of the car complain about the lack of power. I don't hammer on my cars so will it be a noticeable difference from the Bimmer? Maybe silly question but just curious about thoughts from current owners of these new IS350's.
depends on who you ask. Some will say it's enough, but others will say it's not enough. Guess it depends on your driving. You'll probably miss the low end torque of the 335. You'd have to get up there in the RPMs to feel the power of the IS.
Old 09-07-14, 06:20 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

will do.

The better low end torque with the BMW 335. However, the much better steering and handling of the IS 350 gives the Lexus the win for overall driving experience.
Old 09-07-14, 08:58 PM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CtSFox
The better low end torque with the BMW 335. However, the much better steering and handling of the IS 350 gives the Lexus the win for overall driving experience.
excellent! Can't wait to get behind the wheel of the new ride. Having test drove a new 328, 335 and 435 grand coupe I have noticed that the handling isn't quite like my 2011. Granted, mine is nice and broken in but the new ones do seem to have lost a small bit of that "sport sedan" feel. Still nice cars though. I love the looks of the Grand Coupe 435. In fact, I think that model looks much better than the 335.

Side note, I also drove a loaded out Infiniti Q50. Not sure where it ranks in the sport sedan realm but that car felt much more like a full sized family hauler than a sports car with 4 doors. It just felt heavy to me. Nice car but not $50,000 nice (loaded out).
Old 09-07-14, 09:10 PM
Trish67
Driver School Candidate

I'm sure this article has been mentioned before, but your comments about the BMW reminded me of the views held by the Road & Track reviewers. I test drove the BMW but felt the Lexus provided the best overall package.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-revi...n-65-3-roa1013
Old 09-08-14, 06:24 AM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Trish67
I'm sure this article has been mentioned before, but your comments about the BMW reminded me of the views held by the Road & Track reviewers. I test drove the BMW but felt the Lexus provided the best overall package.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-revi...n-65-3-roa1013
Great article. Something about that Infiniti I just don't like. Maybe it's the almost Buick style interior or just the luxury family hauler look of the outside. Nice enough car but other than Infiniti's cool looking SUV's I'm simply not a fan of their lineup. Honestly the Lexus IS is the coolest most "sports car" looking of the bunch with BMW right behind. 435 Grand Coup is closer to "sports car" look than the regular 335 IMO

Quick Reply: New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year