IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-14, 02:08 PM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KS13
I would stick firmly with that $20K check back after trading in your other two vehicles. That seems like a very reasonable price based on your trade ins. Just keep trying different dealers, and the best way to go on about it would be to email the dealers in your area or around your area (if you're willing to drive out a little bit to get a better deal). Sometimes the Internet Sales team can be much more willing to strike a deal and offer better pricing so email a couple of dealers in your area and see what they'll offer. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
will do! I'm actually looking nationwide so if I can find a 2015 to my liking in another state and they are willing to deal with me then I have no problem buying from halfway across the country. I'm glad to know it isn't just a pipe dream trading both my cars and a check for $20,000. That's what it would take for me to get it done.
Old 09-04-14, 02:49 PM
Obscene14
Driver

Did the dealer actually say they wouldn't budge from MSRP on the AWD IS350. Because if you accept their trade in offer and negotiate the IS down to 43k you drive home with 19.5k in your pocket.

43k is 12% off MSRP. I think it's doable since the dealer can spread profit over two trade in's and a new car.

Last edited by Obscene14; 09-04-14 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-04-14, 04:04 PM
mello03
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe not what you want to hear, but if I were in your situation I would be inclined to hold off on the Lexus and try to sell both cars outright. It's not like you'll lose a ton of money holding on to the Merc for another 6 months (not as much as you would giving it away to the dealer) and the 335 will sell year round. After the 2015 Lexus has been out a few months dealers will be more inclined to deal anyway. I know when I get the fever for a new car I can make bad decisions, so I get it. I'm better at giving advice than following it though!
Old 09-04-14, 04:53 PM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mello03
Maybe not what you want to hear, but if I were in your situation I would be inclined to hold off on the Lexus and try to sell both cars outright. It's not like you'll lose a ton of money holding on to the Merc for another 6 months (not as much as you would giving it away to the dealer) and the 335 will sell year round. After the 2015 Lexus has been out a few months dealers will be more inclined to deal anyway. I know when I get the fever for a new car I can make bad decisions, so I get it. I'm better at giving advice than following it though!
that's probably what I should do. But yeah, I've got the car fever, even with the Benz and the Bimmer parked in the garage

I just got another offer from another dealership up past Cleveland, Ohio on a 2015 Atomic Silver with red interior F Sport. MSRP is $49,500 roughly and they offered their car for both of mine and a check for $15,000. They discounted their car almost $2,000. They said same thing as Cleveland dealership with the white one. I'm saving $3,300 on tax doing the trade so I should keep that in mind.

I'm pretty certain I won't be getting that check for $20,000 though at this point from any dealership for what I am after. One positive about a dealership in Akron / Cleveland area is they'll pick up my car and drop off a loaner so there are no trips to the dealership if I don't want to.
Old 09-04-14, 05:03 PM
mello03
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah the tax credit is definitely a factor. That may be close enough to get you to pull the trigger, especially when your finger is already on it!
Old 09-04-14, 05:32 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by eugenew40
that's probably what I should do. But yeah, I've got the car fever, even with the Benz and the Bimmer parked in the garage

I just got another offer from another dealership up past Cleveland, Ohio on a 2015 Atomic Silver with red interior F Sport. MSRP is $49,500 roughly and they offered their car for both of mine and a check for $15,000. They discounted their car almost $2,000. They said same thing as Cleveland dealership with the white one. I'm saving $3,300 on tax doing the trade so I should keep that in mind.

I'm pretty certain I won't be getting that check for $20,000 though at this point from any dealership for what I am after. One positive about a dealership in Akron / Cleveland area is they'll pick up my car and drop off a loaner so there are no trips to the dealership if I don't want to.
Sounds like a deal to me. I mean, you're getting a check for $15,000 + $3,000 savings in tax = deal closed. I would definitely pull the trigger real hard
Old 09-04-14, 05:58 PM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexi90
Sounds like a deal to me. I mean, you're getting a check for $15,000 + $3,000 savings in tax = deal closed. I would definitely pull the trigger real hard
Agreed.

I just got another offer in from out of state, they were willing to take both cars and write a check for $11,500 so pass on that. Man the hassle of trying to sell a car on your own (especially a higher end one like the Benz) is not fun. Trying to avoid the joy riders, low ballers and time spent on the phone and waiting for those interested to show up then another hour or so showing the car only to have.."thanks but out of my price range", yeah. It gets old.
Old 09-04-14, 08:11 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed.

I just got another offer in from out of state, they were willing to take both cars and write a check for $11,500 so pass on that. Man the hassle of trying to sell a car on your own (especially a higher end one like the Benz) is not fun. Trying to avoid the joy riders, low ballers and time spent on the phone and waiting for those interested to show up then another hour or so showing the car only to have.."thanks but out of my price range", yeah. It gets old.
That's why I went to carmax

No hassle!
Old 09-04-14, 08:46 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed.

yup, not many people that have the means to drop $45,000 cash or so on a used car like that, and the people that do have the means, will just buy a new one
Old 09-04-14, 08:51 PM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tea
yup, not many people that have the means to drop $45,000 cash or so on a used car like that, and the people that do have the means, will just buy a new one
a few weeks ago I had an older couple come look a the Benz and they said they had also been looking at a 2006 Corvette. Hmmmm....2006 Corvette more than likely priced in the mid $20,000 to possibly low $30,000 at the most or this 2012 loaded out SLK350 with 4,100 miles. Yep, no sale. Too much for them.

I've been reading that there's going to be a mid cycle refresh of the SLK as well which always seems to drop the price of the now dated model as well.
Old 09-05-14, 10:01 AM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

pics of the IS350 I am getting close to making a deal on for my two cars...
Attached Thumbnails New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year-photo-1.jpg   New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year-photo-2.jpg   New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year-photo-3.jpg  
Old 09-05-14, 10:03 AM
eugenew40
Driver School Candidate

I have zero idea why the pics are upside down. Soooooooo I guess turn your computers upside down to view?

But yeah, there's the car. Beautiful even if it's in upside down world.
Old 09-05-14, 10:16 AM
mrkjsn
Rookie

Originally Posted by dstopsie
That's why I went to carmax

No hassle!
Give CarMax a try as previously suggested. Majority of the time, Carmax will beat trade-in values. Because of their national network, they're able to give fair pricing on the car because they have the ability to move the car to an area where there's greater demand and profitability. You lose nothing by giving CarMax a try. I would never buy a car there myself, but at least walk in there and see how much they can give you. You'll be surprised at how simple it is to get an offer.
Old 09-05-14, 10:58 AM
KS13
Driver

I have zero idea why the pics are upside down. Soooooooo I guess turn your computers upside down to view?

But yeah, there's the car. Beautiful even if it's in upside down world.
Wow, yes that is absolutely beautiful. Actually prefer that color over even my sexy Ultra White IS. I'm assuming that's Atomic Silver?
Old 09-05-14, 11:26 AM
kmanpete24
Rookie

Do you have pics of the Merc and BMW?

Quick Reply: New member with a trade in question for IS350 2015 model year