IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Those who had Remote Start "Thrown In" on 2014 - What's your plan?

Old 08-14-14, 07:49 AM
CJW
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Those who had Remote Start "Thrown In" on 2014 - What's your plan?

I emailed my dealer yesterday about a remote starter since they told me they would throw one in for me (one of the factors that sealed the deal for me). Later on, they told me they didn't have one approved yet, but they would fairly soon. The email reply from yesterday was no remote starter yet.

It seems like as time goes on, there likely isn't one coming for the 2014's (most have said just that here). Should I be optimistic Lexus will figure this out?

How are you planning on dealing with this? Part of the purchase contract was a remote starter and they are now not delivering. I do not want to fork out for a 2015 model unless there is barely any cost.

I had a rental Malibu in 2008 and it had a factory remote starter on the key itself. Why can't these prestige companies get with the times?
Old 08-15-14, 08:50 AM
jeff5755
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's part of the contract, they need to come through for you. If that means putting an aftermarket one on it, so be it.
Old 08-15-14, 06:57 PM
CashGap
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Bought my 2014 is350 F sport on August 8, Lexus remote start ordered by dealer that day, arrived 8/12 but I'm not going to have it put in until 8/19. Will report back. Works off standard key fob.

The remote start on Toyota/Lexus is "Port installed" which means the dealer is doing exactly the same thing the port would have done, plug it in, run the software, test it, and insert a (probably) one page manual addendum.
Old 08-16-14, 11:37 AM
Hermes
Intermediate

Did you ask South Pointe or Lexus Edmonton?
Old 08-16-14, 05:59 PM
Logansrun2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on telling them to give me an extended warranty on my car !!
Old 08-17-14, 07:34 AM
IS3F
Driver

Are these cars equipped with nav?
Old 08-17-14, 10:18 AM
CJW
Pole Position

This is Lexus of Edmonton. Car does have Nav.
Old 08-17-14, 11:33 AM
Hermes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CJW
This is Lexus of Edmonton. Car does have Nav.
Keep me updated on how this turns out.
Old 08-17-14, 12:19 PM
wasGMguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also purchased my 2014 3IS through Lexus of Edmonton. Although a remote start was not "Thrown In", they did tell me they are still working on "cracking the code" to install a remote start with the nav. When I called Lexus of Canada, they told me they would not be upgrading any accessories for the 2014 3IS, which include a remote start. I also called several aftermarket companies about a remote start, they tell be there is none available for the 2014 3IS w/nav, but it's only a matter of time until someone and integrate with the navigation.
As I am very happy with the car itself, I am not very happy with Lexus of Edmonton if they are lying to me about working on a remote start.
Old 08-17-14, 03:00 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wasGMguy
I have also purchased my 2014 3IS through Lexus of Edmonton. Although a remote start was not "Thrown In", they did tell me they are still working on "cracking the code" to install a remote start with the nav. When I called Lexus of Canada, they told me they would not be upgrading any accessories for the 2014 3IS, which include a remote start. I also called several aftermarket companies about a remote start, they tell be there is none available for the 2014 3IS w/nav, but it's only a matter of time until someone and integrate with the navigation.
As I am very happy with the car itself, I am not very happy with Lexus of Edmonton if they are lying to me about working on a remote start.
When I spoke to Lexus Canada, they said:

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

At the present time, we do not have any information available regarding unreleased future upgrades. However, we have noted your interest in this option and have forwarded it to our Product Planning department for their information and future consideration.

With that in mind, you can request that the Service department at your Lexus dealership to contact you with any information concerning an update the moment it becomes available.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.
This was 3 days ago, so perhaps there still is a chance that they will come out with an update. I honestly believe that if enough people complain, and raise enough attention, that they will listen and come out with an update for this flaw.
Old 08-19-14, 02:49 PM
CashGap
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CashGap
Bought my 2014 is350 F sport on August 8, Lexus remote start ordered by dealer that day, arrived 8/12 but I'm not going to have it put in until 8/19. Will report back. Works off standard key fob.

The remote start on Toyota/Lexus is "Port installed" which means the dealer is doing exactly the same thing the port would have done, plug it in, run the software, test it, and insert a (probably) one page manual addendum.
And OOPS they had the car all day while on the phone with Lexus and it doesn't work. They offered a more expensive third party solution at no extra charge, but instead I had them make me a wallet card/key and called it even.

Live and learn.
Old 08-19-14, 10:53 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Strange !!! Because in Saudi Arabia just the F-Sport comes with remote start !! If u buy f-sport over here u defineltiy will have a remote start with out asking the dealer for it !!
Old 08-20-14, 12:17 AM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mesh704
Strange !!! Because in Saudi Arabia just the F-Sport comes with remote start !! If u buy f-sport over here u defineltiy will have a remote start with out asking the dealer for it !!
Mine also came with remote engine starter.
Old 08-20-14, 07:39 AM
CJW
Pole Position

Those of you who have it, is it aftermarket or a Lexus accessory? Do you have NAV?

I find it odd how anyone who designs and builds a car couldn't figure this out, it's more like they just don't want to yet. I mean, my 2008 RDX has a plug and play OEM starter. Most brands, other than the German's, have this on even lower models.

I just don't want to have some scenario where they say they can't do it and I'm left deciding on some form of compensation of some aftermarket system that I don't want.
Old 08-20-14, 12:30 PM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I am in the same situation.

I confirmed with bwk in another thread and private message that you can install the remote start with nav and he has no issues. But our IS F-sport with nav are Canadian vehicles.

The difficult part is getting someone to use the techstream and program the remote starter. If you walk into any dealer, they won't do it because of liability issues. You need to know a Lexus tech to program it outside the dealer.

I am going to order the remote starter from Sewell next month and install to my 2014 IS250 F-sport with nav.
Will report back the result.

I am lucky to know a tech at a Lexus dealer that can program for me.

Last edited by StraySheep; 08-20-14 at 12:33 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Those who had Remote Start "Thrown In" on 2014 - What's your plan?