Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

IS350 F Sport brake/rotor dies at 10k miles!

Old 08-14-14, 03:58 AM   #1
FinaLpeace
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default IS350 F Sport brake/rotor dies at 10k miles!

Hey guys, my car is making this noise from the driver's front wheel when applying the brakes and EVEN CLUELESS AND SURPRISINGLY the noise shows up when cruising at low speed (haven't try freeway speed yet) without stepping on the brakes.

This just happened to me tonight, car is around 10,000 miles, I'm going to take it into the dealer to see what the hell is with Lexus. I suspect it might be the rotors and built in brake dusts, I just don't know, but the noise is unusual enough to be concern about.

I doubt it's the built in brake dusts because previously I've not washed my car/ wheel for a longer period of time, but I'm not sure. Could it just be that my rotor is done?

I know the front brakes need a replacement soon, but it shouldn't be my brakes since the noise still shows up even when I don't step on the brake pedal, unless the car brakes for me itself......

I cant take it into the dealer until weekend, hopefully it's safe to drive around within the next 2 days. Had anyone experienced this on their IS yet?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by FinaLpeace; 08-14-14 at 04:08 AM..
FinaLpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 06:54 AM   #2
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Could be something
Else. I have never ever had to
Replace my brake pads or rotors
On any of the IS's I have had. Not once

Take it to dealer. Can't diagnose over the internet
dstopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 09:00 AM   #3
Dark9t316
Pole Position

Sounds like something may be wrong with wheel bearings. Good luck, and good thing there is warranty.
Dark9t316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 12:12 PM   #4
EJ255t
Driver School Candidate

good luck. I bought my car 2014 IS350 last month with 10k miles, and i had a few squeaks form braking. i had it checked and they didnt find anything. they just cleaned my brakes and stuff and it went away
EJ255t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 03:26 PM   #5
NickD82
Driver School Candidate

Seized calipers?
NickD82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 02:30 AM   #6
FinaLpeace
Driver

Well I just went to the dealership and they found out that it was because my brake pads are near the end of it's life where metal was showing and that's where the sound come from. Wow these F Sport brake pads sure is unheard of in Toyota/Lexus history. Maybe I'm wrong, but most people questions me Lexus brake pads gone in just 10 months? I guess when you play the sport's car game you need the brakes like the Germans have in their cars which doesn't last long either haha. Question is does these brake pads perform as well as the ones on Beemer/ Mercedes?
FinaLpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 04:47 AM   #7
rayaans
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinaLpeace View Post
Well I just went to the dealership and they found out that it was because my brake pads are near the end of it's life where metal was showing and that's where the sound come from. Wow these F Sport brake pads sure is unheard of in Toyota/Lexus history. Maybe I'm wrong, but most people questions me Lexus brake pads gone in just 10 months? I guess when you play the sport's car game you need the brakes like the Germans have in their cars which doesn't last long either haha. Question is does these brake pads perform as well as the ones on Beemer/ Mercedes?
They perform as well if not better. No fade at all no matter how long you've been going! The Merc's have problems with fading.
Old 08-19-14, 04:47 AM